Things That Can Be Bought From Abroad For Infants

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by divyarnair, May 12, 2017.

1. divyarnair

divyarnair Silver IL'ite

Hi
    My husband is traveling from US to kerala for my delivery very soon. Can someone please let me know what are the stuff that I can ask him to bring for newborn which could be useful . I am only looking for stuff that are suitable for humid climate of Kerala . I will be traveling with baby to US in 3 months so for continuity should I buy diaper rash cream etc from US ?

2. deepthivinayak1

deepthivinayak1 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    You can ask him to buy stroller (which you can use while traveling to US), diaper bag, lotions, formula powder,bottle.

divyarnair likes this.
  3. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

Carseat and or travel system as you will be traveling back in 3 months, anyway you will need once back. Formula enfamil or similac feeding bottles I recommend Medela, ergo baby carrier, Avenno baby soap and shampoo, sleep and plays, onsies look at Target.com, Medela manual breast pump,

divyarnair likes this.
  4. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

Personally, I think coconut oil works the best for diaper rash. We've tried diaper rash cream and it's not very impressive.

I recommend that you continue to breastfeed, it will make traveling easier. Travel with a shawl, so you can breastfeed while traveling - pumping or using formula for travel will only make the situation more stressful (engorged breasts and cranky baby).

Quality-wise, wipes are better in US, so you can ask him to bring a travel pack of that. If you don't have a diaper bag with a changing pad, you can ask for that, because it will help during travel, and needing to change diapers. US diapers are also better at long travel than the ones sold in India, so definitely ask for a pack of that, for travel AT LEAST.

Clothes for US climate is also necessary, when you travel. After being in the warm environment in Kerala, the baby will be used to being warm. The flight cabin and airport are NOT warm, so make sure to have breathable, long-sleeved outfits. I recommend the carters brand since the cotton will last many many washes in India and in the US (My son has used his for nearly a full year, and it's still ok to pass on). The longsleeved body packs are very economical. Cotton pants and socks, also important. For such a small baby, if he can find the long-sleeved shirts that cover the hands, you don't have to worry about mittens for baby.

If you don't think you will use a stroller+carseat, ask for a baby carrier (like a sling or backpack), which will help free up your arms while traveling. Not a must, but a nice to have.

Sunshine04, divyarnair and GoneGirl like this.
  5. mom2nov

mom2nov Senior IL'ite

I recommend onesies from US.. esp since they are on sale in target now. Short sleved and long sleeved. You can get post partum belt if you think of using it.
    You get good feeding bottles in India too. Since the first few months you wont be needing bottle.Buy them in India if you need because you can see if baby adjusts to the nipple size and type.
    You get same breast pumps in India also.

penpaal likes this.