1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

THINGS MIGHT GET BETTER! hope

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ARCHNA, Aug 21, 2005.

1. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

Things might get better

Dear Kanaka,
    If you are close tu your FIL, ask him what he meant by that. Many a times I have observed men blurting things without realising the consequences.
    It all depends the way, it is expressed. I mean the tone. Further I don't think it would be impertinet on your side to ask for a justification. If he meant with all seriousness, in your place I would show him his place. Ask him straight whether their family has wife beating culture. If so you will never be able to subscribe to such lowly behaviour. Also make your husband realise there are certain things to which he should react in a matured manner rather than maintain silence. Tell him that would increase your confidence in him.
    Would he digest the same if it was told to his sister.
    Believe me our community has more double standards than any other. Our men are great talkers. Seldom act. Your maturity lies in keeping distance once this problem is thrashed out.
    kanaka

2. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot

Dear Kanaka,

Thanks for your msg. Infact as this is not the first time he saying something like this I didnot want to enquire much. Moreover quite recently my hubby has turned open ears towards me. He was supportive but didnot want to react to his father which I too dont want to. Bec I dont want to strain their relationship as I have seen his charecter all these years.

3. kannamma

kannamma New IL'ite

hope and hope for the good

Just pacify yourself..
    Try to be happy and show to your people you are the Happiest in the world.
    Dear they people also may have some untold sorrows and happiness like you grieve to yourself. never mind. THIS WILL CHANGE - in tamil "Indha Nilai Maarum"
    take care
    Be the reason for someone's Happiness never a part of it,
    Be a part of someone's Sadness never the reason for it.

It is harder to unlearn than learn.

4. Pravina

Pravina New IL'ite

Things might get better

Dear Rajmi,

I can understand how hurt u must have been by ur FFIL remarks. As Kannama said men (also women) sometimes blurt out thoughtless words to demean someone who they know will not fight back. To me such action is just cowardice.

Rajmi u should not despair over the remarks. Take an attitude as i havenot done anything wrong and it is not my problem what the other person says.I am sure he has his own problems which he cannot solve so he is venting his anger towards you. very thoughtless for a learned person!

The best thing to do is keep a cool head and just be ur normal self. U know when u said the whole week after the remark u felt despondent.Well did it make any difference to anyone else?So stand up and let not these things effect u.i have had a couple of experiences similar to this and as i said i have taken a positive attitude towards it by not responding to it.

i hope i don't sound too much of a philosopher but it has helped me and i am sure if we donot react to situations like this they soon wither down

warm regards
    Pravina

5. sweety

sweety New IL'ite

Hey

Hey Archana
    Really sorry for wat's happening with u.I can understand how lonely u feel, wen ur hubby doesn't pay attention to u.But don't get depressed.I am sure that,definetely he will change his behaviour very soon.Mean while, be patient.
    Dont worry
    Take care of ur self!!!!!!!!!!
    with love n prayers
    rupa