1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

THINGS MIGHT GET BETTER! hope

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ARCHNA, Aug 21, 2005.

1. ARCHNA

ARCHNA New IL'ite

here is what i feel all day every day. that things one day might get better. here is my story in short or long whichever way u take it. grew up in india......... big family ......... average education.......... .... did everything.... very independent............... had couple boyfriends nothingf serious though. got married early 20s alright life lived with inlaws had problems but it was okay. went to school in US 2 yrs of marriage had a serious accident left me paralysed. husband became physically and mentally abusive. finished my degree.still living with my husband who has changed 180 degrees but in laws don't even talk to me treat me like garbage, he talks to them goes and sees them. but i feel lonely jealous hurt. my whole family still in india. every body is happy except me hoping things might get better. will they?????????? JUST HOPING!

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

look out rather than in

dear archana,
    i dont want to encourage that life would change and all that but dont think all over the world... people with all fine whether physically or mentally r fine all over......all face some problem or the other and very lonely mind u having all relatives along too...so develop a nice vocation ..like may be photoshop or painting if u can as u r writing i am hoping u can....make it ur world and come out of thinking that people should like and change and all that...trust in god and make a beauty of whatever u have rather than the impossible.....regards..sunkan

3. ambika ananth

ambika ananth Bronze IL'ite

unload your pain

Dear Archana

you conveyed your pain across very effectively. Please gear up, cheer up..there is always a dawn after night.

You said, you were paralyzed after an accident, how are you now..?? are you mobile and physically independent or do you require any help and support for your day to day chores ? How can your husband be abusive...such a callous attitude. Share your thoughts with all of us Archana...a very well-knit friendship we all seem to share. Collective positive thoughts from all of us will improve your overall life very much...

Keep in regular touch..unload your emotional pain

God bless you with courage and happiness

ambika

4. roja

roja Junior IL'ite

Hope for the best!

Hi Archna,

Definitely things will get better. Our prayers are there for you.

It really takes courage to share the problems with others too! As Ambika said you have did that and I'm sure that itself would have made you feel better. Everybody has some problem or the other in their life, no one is worry free! Also remember those who go through lots of struggles and pains are more closer to God. Think that everything happens for good and that is was not worse than what it is. That will make you strong.

Hope for the best!

5. juhi_sri

juhi_sri Junior IL'ite

I hope god will give you courage to fight..

i will pray for ..
    best wishes for your future

juhi

6. ARCHNA

ARCHNA New IL'ite

thanks to all. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that was very motivational. yes i'm very mobile, i can drive, go to school. do work around the house everything but mentally and emotinally i'm torn and tired.try to keep my chinup though and face life as it comes.
    love you all for your support!

7. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

will get better

You have certainly been dealt a raw deal. But as you are mobile try to join a local club and meet more people. By interacting with others and making new friends you will come out of your shell of despondency. Don't expect your husband and inlaws to change their attitude towards you. Your husband must be feeling that he's made a huge sacrifice by staying with an invalid and your inlaws must be empathising with him.
    Enrol for some classes - even if you don't have a talent/interest in painting/singing you could learn Braille and transcript books into Braille. This will be useful to the visually challenged, plus you can make some money too. If you need a friend, a shoulder to cry on, we at Indusladies are just an email away!
    Sharada

8. ARCHNA

ARCHNA New IL'ite

i think sharda u read my message wrong or may be thats how i came up. sorry to hear ur harsh words" invalid" that was the first time someone said that, to correct u one i'm not blind, second i finished my degree recently, third i do had a hard life but i'm no way a quitter so please don't ever post a message like that. that was rude and annoying it was in no way motivational.

thanks for putting me down, everytime ill come up better. i still love you for doing that!

9. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

maybe

Dear Archna,
    Maybe I misunderstood. But I certainly didn't mean to put u down. In yr snippet you said that you had met with an accident which had left you paralysed. Hence I assumed that you were being ill treated by husband/inlaws because of this. I apologise if the word "invalid" upset you so much. I know that you are not blind - I just suggested Braille transcription as a vocational occupation as I don't know where your interests lie.
    Sorry once again. I didn't mean to be rude or discouraging - in fact I thought I was being just the opposite! So when you replied, it came as a rude shock to me!
    I am hesitant to write more, in case I inadvertently goof up. I wish for you roses without thorns and all the very best that life can offer.
    Take care,
    Sharada

10. ARCHNA

ARCHNA New IL'ite

No problem! i still love you though although i got hurt but i'm very accepting and wish the same from other people.