1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Things Falling Apart.....

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by VijayaRaghu, Apr 23, 2018.

1. VijayaRaghu

VijayaRaghu Silver IL'ite

What ever could be the reason, my depression making my partner life also hell. Not to judge who is right or wrong, but he felt this marriage is not going to work any more. It really really really hurt me his behavior in the last 48 hours. dont blame him at the same time i too have valid reasons for my behavior. But its too late for anything. We might /might not get settled with this situation. But this feeling started in his mind.....couple of his emails says, he did look for divorce options and impact.

Yes we do know passwords of each every account of us both. And everyday we check our both emails, not to keep eye on each other. Its just to catch up the stuff, mostly its me,leave stuff behind if its financial. This is not the topic.

So question is, how parents prepare kids for separation? How do you tell them storm is on our way? These 2 sisters love each other a lot...just like twins. Most of the time they dont need us. they are responsible to each other. But how do you let this news of volcano burst out to them ? Age of kids 9 and 3 (soon 4ur).

Thanks!

2. Deborah

Deborah Gold IL'ite

Have you and your spouse had a clear cut conversation regarding his seeking a divorce? or have you concluded that he wants one after reading his emails? Kindly clear this confusion first.

Sandycandy likes this.
  3. VijayaRaghu

I wish I didnt hear him saying that.

4. Deborah

Deborah Gold IL'ite

so,it was just your conclusion then. Please don't jump to conclusions.Many a times in many marriages,either side gets upset and thinks about getting separated.I am sure your H is also going through such a period.But things are easier thought than done.Your husband might be frustrated and might have googled those links but it doesn't mean he is out on his way filing for divorce right now. You guys are a family and he must be thinking of other factors too . He wouldn't want to separate and put your girls in a tight situation. If you know your behavior is wrong at times (reasons known to you) ,you can work on it .Marriage isn't an easy institution to break up. So,things might not be as bad as you think they are.You can give your husband some love and care and meanwhile ,work on your own issues. Everything will fall back into its right place.All the best.

5. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

Right now, your depression is hurting you and your husband. It is not easy to deal with and I am sure your husband is also going through a tough time.

Please Don't jump to conclusions, even if you feel overly emotional. And when you don't know for sure and you haven't discussed a course of action with your husband, do not tell your children anything about the unrest. Surely, they can sense the issues, but you don't want to unnecessarily worry them about their parents and their own living situation.

VijayaRaghu, sindmani and Sandycandy like this.
  6. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Depression makes things seem worse than they are. Please make your health a priority first and take care of this to the best extent possible. Getting a divorce would be complicated for your husband with child support , custody and everything else. So I am sure this is not something he will want to initiate even if he has thought about it.

But you must also realize that marriage is complicated as it is and becomes more complicated when a spouse is depressed. So have a talk with him and try to work your issues out. Most likely management of your depression will take care of most of the issues .
    Don’t talk to your kids until you have clarified with the spouse .
    I wish you the best!

7. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Sticking purely to your topic / question..

First of all a divorce doesn't have to be a storm or a volcano burst. Yes, I have seen very cordial / mutual divorces. N they maintain good friendship even after, as they have kids together. Preferably a joint custody n worked out financials n the kids taking turns staying at each other's houses.

So you explain the need to live separately, that you are still friends n they will still have their mom n dad, but they are lucky enough to have two houses, two festivals, two parties, double of everything, etc etc.. something like that..

Guess it's also a positive thing that the sisters love each other so much n doesn't depend on you guys for much.

It's better for the kids to have two separated happy parents rather than with two bitter individuals stuck together with so much of negativity. N that spoils their childhood n growing years.

Off topic,

Every couple fights n make up. It's normal. You are the best judge to evaluate your real relationship. If this is just one of those regular fights, let it go n move on. Or talk to him n clear out.

If all this seems out of proportion due to your depression, fix it. If the roles were reversed n your husband tortures you due to his depression, you are not gona be taking it quietly right ?

Both the spouses have their roles to play in a marriage. N if this marriage means something to you, do everything to fix your mental / physical health n get back on the horse as an equal partner to him.

We can't really blame one spouse for wanting to leave a marriage if his / her married life is turning into hell, many members here give that itself as an advise. So if you know / realized something is wrong n want to fix it, own it n fix it. It's your life after all.

Raffaello and VijayaRaghu like this.
  8. VijayaRaghu

As always thank you for the precious and important comments : @Deborah , @BhumiBabe @Sandycandy , @ashneys. Just getting tired to be in this situation. No matter what you do, what you try... every time I am tested how fast I can bounce back , irrespective of my fault or others. I am also human...respect my self respect and my emotions and MY SELF. When these all took back corner and when i was suppressing there wont be many issues.

For any reason if I slap my daughter I regret it for days, its not who is at fault. Its that I love her. Same way when I dont see this regret in other person, I really question my self what kind of relation i am in and all the life spending in that insecurity which recorded in subconscious mind too. I might sound so unreasonable, but my initial days of marriage left very bad strains.

And very important thing : MAGIC WAND disappeared from my life. thats MY MOM. Just one hello over the phone, she can recognize how i am feeling at that min and wonder how she knows i am in pain. She used to just tell me some story or something that really used to put me in relief. I still wonder how she used to know stuff which is untold by me. She was my ANGEL. Hope she is not seeing me now. She hates me crying.

I never ever share any of the issues going on in my life with my parents /sisters. At times in the past rarely with friends, but those so called friends also turned evil and caused for their own share during my initial days of marriage. So now no FRIEND with whom you can share something/anything/ tiny thing.

I know H for past, 17 yrs and married for 11 yrs. He is not a bad person at all.He is very caring towards me and major major help at home. Very good father , good son, good H too. But he is so stubborn and very strong on his opinions.
    But in all these years, I realized / felt/sensed..... he will let me also go if situation comes to win or loose wife (if something that involves me). so far all the time i notice he will choose WIN over wife. This part kills me...literally kills me. Recent situation also I slipped my tongue in using one of abusive words , he really got irritated. I NEVER EVER use bad words but I m in so much pain i just said that WORD with no control. so paying for it. For which he said this marriage is not going to work.

Even today when I think about future only question comes in my mid is : Will he be with me? Forget about future, even if we return to India i still doubt us being together. His short temper also left good amount of damage on me.

Another interesting point is....fully contrast....we love each other a lot... WE KNOW that.... for me, he is almost like my mom and I cant live without him. Might be my too much affection on him is the culprit.

So...so....what i am saying....I dont know.... I just wants to conclude with thanks ladies!

9. blooms4me

blooms4me Bronze IL'ite

I do not know what the whole situation is but if its just small misunderstandings and solvable problems,I urge you to take time and think again before you jump into a decision like divorce. Marriage is not a bed of roses always. Things happen, we get angry , upset, shout. That is part of life. But the best thing is to try to talk and sort out things with each other calmly. If talking makes you angrier, write on a piece of paper. Don't shout, just talk calmly ,patiently, giving each other time to express feelings. Try to think of the happier times you had and try to work for that. Give your life and marriage a RESET button and start from beginning. If that doesn't work, either try going for marriage counselling, or take help of your friends to be a buffer between you both when you talk to each other. When all possible ways to reconcile are exhausted, only and only then should you proceed with the thought of Divorce because its not only going to be hard on the kids, its also going to be hard on you both.

VijayaRaghu likes this.
  10. Zxcv

Zxcv Silver IL'ite

Have you considered counseling? Because you are aware of the core issue - your depression it may help you. Divorce esp when involving kids can be extremely complicated.
    You have listed all the positives of your H and compared to so many ILs husbands that is pretty amazing. And one more thing you are sure of is that you guys love each other! Try having a heart to heart to talk about everything . I try to write my feelings and it helps me vent even before I talk regarding an issue because it just calms down my frustration/anger.
    All the issues you have listed regarding yourself are all cz of depression. Don’t take any life changing descisions with this state of mind. Hope things get better.....

BhumiBabe, Sandycandy and VijayaRaghu like this.