Thila tharpanam in rameswaram

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by Swethasri, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Swethasri

Swethasri Platinum IL'ite

we are asked to do thila tharpanam in rameswaram becoz of pithru dosham.My Father in law and mother in law are going to a marrige in madurai.i want to know how long wil it take to go to rameswaram from madurai by trainn and bus??my in laws are in later 70s so if i get a proper information it will be easy for them to go and do the pariharam.and also whom shd we need to contact to do the tharpanam???Please let me know

2. plakshmi

plakshmi Gold IL'ite

hi swetha sri

even my father went to rameshwaram and did the thila pooja but he took pandit from tiruchy and spend nearly for Rs.20,000/- it was shared by all our family members. From Madurai to Rameshwaram there are number of buses are available but it is long way. i do not know about the trains. they can check with railway time table for the availability of trains or check in net.Its better to take pandit along with you because there they may charge exorbitantly.

3. Swethasri

Thanks for the quick reply lakshmi.20,000 spent was only to do pooja or inclusive of staying,bus fares,pandit,pooja materials.....??please let me know in detail.And also let me know how long it took in bus from madurai to rameswaram?

4. lochu

lochu Gold IL'ite

Hi swetha

Thila tarpanam will cost more than 20,000 and ist basically done for all the people who died when they are young and we don't do yearls devasam for them .So it will take half a day to complete all the poojaris there know and arrange even for stay .From Madurai it will take 3 hours by car .The eldest couple in the family has to perform in your case ur inlaws should do it .The Pooja cost is 20,000 you stay might cost more .Usually there are so many priests that offer .for us our priest bookd the hotels and arranged for for food as well .we did thila homam and naga prithistai next day .It costed us 25,000 rs including food .For stay it costed us another 3000.
    so 25,000 includes pooja cost ,materials and food .for the commute we actually booked a car .

Thila homam your inlaws and you need to take bath in the ocean and all 27 theertham end of the pooja

5. Swethasri

Thanks for the details in detail.why does it cost this much.is it the materials that costs this much or just to the priests??can we do the thila tharpanam at any time??becoz we may stay in madurai and take taxi and finish the tharpanam and come back in the evening we want to do it as a one day trip.will it be possible.Please advice me.

6. Swethasri

please anybody give me more details abt how much does it cost to do only thila tharpanam in rameswaram?how much does it cost if we go by car from madurai to rameswaram?is there any direct train from bagalore to rameswaram??we dont know any priest to take with us to rameswaram so we have do the thila tharpanam only with the priest availabale in rameswaram.so please let me if anybody know any priest there in rameswaram with contact details so that we can contact them and get many questions answered.

I want to know the details as soon as possible.Please anybody help.

Thanks in advance.

7. lochu

lochu Gold IL'ite

Sorry for the late reply

You can do it in one day .but you may have to leave very early from madurai .Saylike 4 to 5:00 AM

The reason why its costs so much is that they make these small yanthrams and dhannam samans in silver and also a minimum of 7 priests are needed to do the Japam .remember its a ritudla you do satisfy the departed souls for whom we don't perform yearly shrardhams .So its a little expensive .the whole Thilah homam will take about 3 to 4 hrs and after the homam you have take bath and then you can leave after that.The priest arrange for everything from the pooja samans to dhanam items .You need not take anything

8. Swethasri

I understand what u say.Thanks for u r information.once iam done i will share what we did.Thanks

9. mailmeera80

mailmeera80 New IL'ite

Parihara foundation, coimbatore organizes TILA HOMAM at rameswaram. My relatives just performed the ritual at Rameswaram through Parihara.com and they are very much satisfied with the ritual and the arrangements made by parihara.com. :thumbsup And it costs something close to 10,500/- for 1008 aviruthis...

Link for your reference: Tila Homam at Rameswaram - Thila Homam at Rameswaram to overcome Pitru Doshas | Parihara.com

Text from their website:
    Tila Homam is a powerful Vedic ritual, performed to ward off difficulties arising out of Pithru Dhosham (Ancestor Doshas), which is the outcome of non performance of srardhams, and other rituals performed to propitiate our ancestors. Through this homam the pithrus are satisfied and they bestow their blessings not only on us but also on our children and grandchildren.
    Parihara.com will take care of all the arrangements of this Homam at Rameswaram for to you & your family to participate & benefit.

10. Swethasri

Thanks mailmeera80 for the information.ya i know what are all the consequences if one donot do pitru kaaryams properly and if effects the younger generations.Iam a victim so i explained and requested my FIL to do this pariharam and he also agreed.the thing is he is also very old with all health issue so there are lot of uncertainity with humans.just praying God,things shd move smoothly.

Thanks for u r suggestion and links.