1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

They Can Never Be Dead

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Mistt
    dear Mistt
    Thanks to the good wishes of friends like you, I am slowly recovering and I should hopefully be completely normal in about a month's time. Thank you very much for your good wishes.
    Sri

Mistt likes this.
  2. Cheeniya

@Srama
    My dear Sabi
    A fascinating response that was.
    Birth and death never cease to fascinate me. I never tire of reading about them. Hearing scholars like Adi Sankara talk about, 'Punarabi janana, punarapi maranam', I developed a belief in it. It explains why some children are born to celebrity parents while others to beggars in the street. What determines this disparity? Karma is an amazing explanation to this riddle even if you are not a believer of Karma.
    When a child is born, it cries and everyone around smiles joyously. When he grows, becomes old and dies, everyone round him cries and he is in peaceful and everlasting slumber. What has the man earned after an eventful life? A few drops of tear. It sounds grossly unfair that all his life's labour ends up with earning a few drops of tear.
    An uncle of my wife died in Bangalore. There were already two bodies awaiting cremation. It was likely to take a few hours before the uncle could be laid to rest. We were getting increasively hungry. We saw oranges being sold outside the cremation ground. We rushed out to buy and consume them to quench our increasing thirst and hunger. The body was lying inside the crematorium all alone! I learnt a lot of things about human life and its eventual death on that day.
    All that tale about the bloody Vaitarani River and roasting in boiling oil may be tales to drive people away from sinning but the sinners don't bother about all such threats. Imagine the richest man on earth being reborn as a child of a gypsy in the street and that is all about the cycle of life and death.
    Sri

3. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Cheeniya Sir
    Take care of your health.

4. Cheeniya

@shyamala1234
    My dear Syamala
    Extremely learned people have gibbered a lot more than we ever do in our life! Your observations are extremely interesting. The fact that people have cared to respond to your remarks is proof enough. I am the ultimate gainer because of all these interactions. Thank you
    sri

5. Cheeniya

@periamma
    dear periamma
    Thank you for good wishes. My mum would always say that as you grow old, you become the most desirable sojourn for all kinds of ailments. It's the growing process!
    Sri

periamma likes this.
  6. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Cheeniya Sir
    After sixty years second childhood starts. So we are in the growing process. Hidden enemies stepping out and we have to fight with them ,with the weapon tolerance which is gifted by God.Thank you for the response.

7. Cheeniya

@periamma
    Are we in the growing process? That scares me! My shirts and pants are already finding it hard to accommodate me. Any further growth, I'll have to say goodbye to my decade world pants and shirts!