1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

There Should Be A Smile, Isn’t?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by TheCupid, Jul 28, 2016.

1. TheCupid

TheCupid Silver IL'ite

Amma: Just smile when you give coffee de, is it going to cost you anything?

Anitha: Mmm...

Amma: Enna mmmm? Can’t you open up your mouth and say ok?

Anitha: OK ma...

Amma to aunt: It’s been 3 years since we started seeing alliance for Anitha. Nothing is working out. She is totally fed up.. God, when are you going to answer my prayers?...

Aunt: Don’t worry this will turn out to be a success...

Amma: Mmm... [“There should be a smile on her face right now, isn’t?”]

.........................................And the groom and his family arrives.............................................

Anitha: Vanakkam... [“There should be a smile on her face right now, isn’t?”]

Sathish: Mom I’m not coming for the party.... You please go ahead...

Mom: No no Sathish, Leela aunty has invited all of us, you must come... Please my son...

.........................................................In the party.................................................................

Leela: Welcome.. Hey Sathish!! How are you man?

Sathish: I’m good aunty.. I’m happy for Rahul, where is he?

Leela: Yeah, Rahul is the hero of our family.. He is with his dad, there can you see? How happy uncle is you know? Our son is going to US to work in such a great company... 25 lakhs PA... Rahul is truly a blessing to us... He is such a hero when there are so many zeroes who don’t even have a job... Penniless guys, still nagging their dads for money... We have so many like that among our relatives Sathish... And you? I heard your mom say, you are at home still, waiting for call letter from.. Ahhh what’s the name of the company.. Some start up na... Whatever!! Are you still at home? Anyways all the best kanna...

Sathish: [There should be a smile, isn’t?] Thanks aunty...

Mom: Yenga, there was a call from the groom’s mom.. Did she call you? She said she wants to talk to you about something important..

Dad: Yes ma.. She called... Nandhini didn’t come home yet from work na? She shouldn’t know this.. She demanded for 5 more sovereigns...

Mom: What saying? We have already discussed as 15 sovereigns na?

Dad: What to do? They are asking.... We are the ones with the girl child, no other way.. I have accepted for our Nandhu’s life...

Nandhini: Sorry pa.. I just came and overheard all that you spoke... I’m not interested in this pa.. Already we are getting too much of loans for the wedding.. I won’t allow you to do this..

Dad: Hey no no.. Nothing like that dear.. I have told Rajesh uncle. He said he will help.. No issues... You shouldn’t worry for this.. The bride-to-be should always be smiling... If not dad will not talk to my nandhu.. Smile my dear....

Nandhini: [There should be a smile, isn’t?]

Wife: Oops!! There are so many Whatsapp messages this early... Hubby is still sleeping.. It’s already time, wanna go to temple together... Let’s wake him up...

....................................................Wife’s phone rings.............................................................

Wife: Hey hello!! Thank you so much.. I’m glad...

Hubby: Who’s on the call? In the morning?

Wife: No today is ...

Hubby: What special today.. Nothing it’s already late!! Why didn’t you wake me up? Go get my coffee.. I will refresh and come...

Wife: (He might act as if he doesn’t remember I think... Surprises ah my dear.. I’m waiting...) Yeah dear your coffee will be done...

Hubby: Meera... Meeeeeeeeeeeeeraaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Wife: ( Ahh.. The surprise gift!! He’s calling for it.. J J) Yeah I’m coming wait....

Hubby: Where have you been? Your phone keeps on ringing.. Here speak!!

Wife: L Hello, ah yeah thank you so much...

Hubby: What? Keep on thanking people.. What special today?

Wife: My birthday... Hope you haven’t forgotten!!

Hubby: Oh yeah!! How will I forget your birthday... Called you to wish but the phone rang... Happy birthday Meera...:)

Wife: [There should be a smile, isn’t?]

Suguna: Welcome all... Let’s begin the Shower party.. Please come one by one and do the ceremonies to Vanitha..

...........................................The ceremony begins..................................................................

Parimala: Amutha... How are you.. How is your husband? In-laws are fine na? Taking the treatment properly na? See, its been 4 years since you got married.. After your wedding 3 of your cousins got married and have come to this function with their kids.. When are you going to give this grandma a good news? Sollumaa...

Amutha: Paati...

Parimala: How long will you be just attending these functions.. When is this going to happen for you? Say a good news soon ma...

Amutha: Mmm... [There should be a smile, isn’t?]

The hash tags may go on till infinity... Not just these.. We come across lot of situations in our everyday life where we just fake a smile or force a laugh and move on...It’s actually scary what a smile can hide... When backbiting or gentle insulting literally pulls us down, we feel like, they must step in our shoes and walk a mile.. Then maybe they will understand how hard it is to hold back tears and fake a smile... Sometimes we become too good at faking a smile because of some disheartening moments, we cannot even identify our real and fake smile even when there is a stupid joke cracked by our superiors in the office/neighbours/in-laws..... Later wondering, “Did I smile?” for such a crap.. Oh then I’m becoming too good at faking a smile nowadays... Hiding my feelings..” When are we going to be ourselves, putting away all the masks that we wear for the sake of society? Feed your soul.. Do whatever that makes your heart happy... That time, THERE WILL BE A SMILE (A REAL SMILE!! :):):):) ) J J

Mistt, songbird46, padma0604 and 8 others like this.

2. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Nice one on smile .... Above words are so true! In virtual world we dont have to fake a smile.JMO. Nice write-up

3. TheCupid

TheCupid Silver IL'ite

Thanks jskls :)

jskls likes this.
  4. Sairindhri

Sairindhri Gold IL'ite

Very nice write up.

Every one of us, would have come across such situations, right!. I had wondered exactly the same, let them walk in my shoes, then they would realize on a quite a lot of occasions in my life, by different people.

To hold back tears, obviously would be difficult in a public place, so faking a normal composure. But to break down gives a relief, outside that place, a let out and drain your grief. Well that helps move on in real life perhaps even in virtual life..

I was literally thinking at one place, OMG, another dowry thread!!!:lol:
    thanks it stopped!:smile:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    sindmani and TheCupid like this.
  5. Pickle

Pickle Silver IL'ite

There is a smile on my face now, a real one! True that we have to live with fake smiles, fake laughs most of the time but life sometimes give us those rare moments, amidst all chaos, when our smiles are indeed genuinely the happiest to its best. Hope you get as many moments to smile real too! Thank you for the post, enjoyed reading.

sindmani and TheCupid like this.
  6. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

I have to reply for this. I am married for almost 3 years . I was pregnant but in th3rd month end the foetus came out. A bad memory for me. But people keep on asking about good news. Now I know how to handle the question
    Another incident my husband keeps forgetting to wish me on my birthday and our anniversary. Really I feel bad about it. But it is his way. I accept it.

Sairindhri and TheCupid like this.
  7. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Regarding fake smile , yes I had it so often. Pretending not to be insulted by my Mil's way of telling that iam ugly( iam good looking, not ugly).Fake smile for the insults I got by few people andy in-laws . my sil insulted me saying that my husband ( her brother) does not earn well. I told her since he is younger to her and her husband he is earning little now. But later after 10 years , we will also earn like them more.

Sairindhri, Rampuri9 and TheCupid like this.
  8. padma0604

padma0604 Silver IL'ite

@TheCupid - a very good post indeed. Loved it.

Fake smiles are in abundance. I think, that is one important life skill that everyone learns early on, to survive in a hostile environment. Probably it is the survival instinct to protect oneself from the insensitive talk or abuse that floats in the air?? While one tries to appear unaffected, deep down the emotions are in a turmoil and sometimes they leave scars that cannot be erased easily.

Detoxing ourselves from these dramas is not easy. Even if we know that we have to go for detoxing ourselves from fakeness is requires tremendous courage and trust in oneself to go ahead.

What you have spoken above is a serious subject, and you handled it very well - as always. The coversations were brilliant, natural and we can relate to them easily.

Wish we all detox from the dramas and smile beautifully and naturally - a smile that blossoms from the heart and lights up our very being !!!

Thanks for a brilliant snippet.

sindmani, Sairindhri and TheCupid like this.
  9. TheCupid

TheCupid Silver IL'ite

Thanks jskls :)
    In one way having a virtual relationship is better I guess.. if we really don't wanna smile, we need not put a fake smile in our face.. Instead just send an EMO... The person on the other end too feels good :)

10. TheCupid

TheCupid Silver IL'ite

True that :) and thanks sai :)

Sairindhri likes this.