1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

There Is Life Beyond Failure!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by GeetaKashyap, Nov 29, 2017.

1. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

One hot summer's day a Fox was strolling through an orchard till he came to a bunch of

grapes just ripening on a vine which had been trained over a lofty branch.

"Just the thing to quench my thirst," he thought.

Drawing back a few paces, he took a run and a jump, and just missed the bunch.

Turning around again with a One, Two, Three, he jumped up, but with no greater success.

Again and again he tried after the tempting morsel, but at last had to give it up, and walked away with his nose in the air, saying:

"I am sure they are sour."

(Aesop’s fable)

Friends, haven’t we all heard this story before? This story was always told and quoted to convey that the fox was negative minded. We blindly agreed with the negative connotation and laughed derisively at the fox and called him a loser! This is an old attitude and it is a passé.

Now after experiencing several seasons in life, I have begun to admire this fox and I am seeing him in a new light.

If each one of us gave undue importance to our every missed goal or opportunity, then don’t you think our life gets too burdensome and doesn’t it rob us of our enthusiasm to live life to its fullest? And doesn’t it blind us with pessimism? Especially in today’s times, when the competition is stiff everywhere, everyone faces failure and rejection at some point or the other. It is a fact. We have to understand that everything we do teaches us something new irrespective of whether we succeed or fail.This is experience and it is invaluable.To dream, to strive and to struggle is the way of life. Simply accept it and remember the quote, “Failure is the stepping stone to success.”

So it is time to change our paradigm and admire this fox’s attitude in a new light. What an attitude he has to pacify his disappointed soul! Yes, I think this much-maligned animal is a great attitude Guru for today’s times. He gives us the message not to cry, get disheartened or wallow in self-pity. This guy tells us to change our thinking process, give our best shot and if we are still unsuccessful, shrug off the disappointment, move on and spot the other opportunities!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    'The Great Attitude Guru '

Don’t you now see this fox as a flexible guy on the move, a guy who doesn’t believe in crying over the spilt milk, a great guy with loads of optimism and a guy who has the courage to face disappointment with a great attitude?

I think this is the right attitude for the present time. What do you say?

(All images have been taken from the internet)

2. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

wow !! This is brilliant Geeta !!!:clap2:
    What a nice moral here , totally different from the old way of looking at things !!
    Yes, move on towards new goals irrespective of the dismal outcome !!!

Thyagarajan and GeetaKashyap like this.
  3. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

I love your thinking and the way you have put this forth!

4. GeetaKashyap

@Jeeves

Thanks a lot, Jeeves. In today's times with so much of competition and stress, in every sphere of life, we need an attitude to shrug off the unwanted emotional load and move on.

5. GeetaKashyap

@iamsrihere

Thanks for the visit and appreciation. I liked the quote, "Life is a lesson; the trick is to find out what it's trying to teach you!":thumbup:

iamsrihere likes this.
  6. Frangipani

Frangipani Silver IL'ite

Very motivating post.

7. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Ah! that was a lovely way of putting it. Loved the very much required 'Attitude guru!'.

8. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

That fox must be hired as a motivational speaker. Too bad he cannot speak.

sindmani, nakshatra1, momsky and 3 others like this.
  9. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Demotivational Posters

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. ZenSojourner

ZenSojourner Silver IL'ite

Ummm, no. I see the fox as a griper who blames the thing he can't have for his own inability to reach his goal (eating the grapes).

Now, had he said to himself something like - well I can't reach THOSE grapes so I will do something constructive and go look for some other grapes or maybe a nice long drink of water from a brook - THAT would be a positive attitude.

Otherwise its just like the drunk guy in a bar who yells insults at the girl who just turned down his drunken advances. It's a bad attitude. It may not be his fault that he couldn't reach his goal - but its not the fault of the grapes, either. Insulting them may give the fox some sort of grim, temporary satisfaction, but its not a productive or positive attitude.

sindmani, Rihana and satchitananda like this.