1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

There Are No Perfect Relationships

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by iyerviji, Jan 28, 2018.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

There are no perfect relationships ,its how you accept the imperfections that make it perfect. Noone is perfect , we all have positive and negatives. Just as we accept the positives we have to accept the negatives.

I had written about the positive side of my husband and about how a gem of a person he is. The things which I do not like is he is short tempered, though now in old age he has become cool and does not shout like before. Earlier it must have been due to his problems in life as he had to face many situations and has come up through hardships because of which still he is simple and does not forget his old days when he has struggled in life. Now in old age he has everything in life and he can lead a hifi life but he is still simple and leads a simple life which gives him happiness .

Now a days wherever he goes he is very quiet , there are times when he talks a lot also but it depends on the company he is. When we go out usually I only select what he has to wear, if he selects he does not bother what to wear. He lives for himself and not to please others or me. On Friday there was a programme for which he was invited and also a musical programme for which I did not go. That day he wore a new Kurtha pyjama and was looking very nice. On Saturday also he had to go for two programmes. One was he had to leave at 4 pm. I was very tired as I did not get time to sleep and at 3 or so my maid came and I could not rest. So when he was ready to leave I told him wear a nice dhoti but when he was leaving I saw he was wearing a dhothi which he wears at home and that too he had worn it short. I told him to change but he said this is enough. I thought ok when we go together for the next programme I will tell him to wear but that time also he did not change and I was feeling very bad because I was wearing a nice saree and people might think I did not bother about his dress. He wore a nice kurtha. Might be because I did not take out and give he must have worn that .

In most of the things he has his own way and does not listen to me. On Tuesdays and Saturdays we go to the temple and he wants to leave by 9 or 9.30 by which time I have to finish cooking , pooja etc. On Tuesdays I do archana to Ganeshji so I finish my cooking and pooja by 9. am. I have to be ready fast so I dont bother much about my dressing as I am going to temple , on saturdays no problem because no archana that day. Whenever we go for functions I have to be ready by the time he says and fast fast I have to dress up . I like to be perfect in dressing , wearing nice saree and the matching jewellery I make now a days.

Till today I have tried to keep him happy and never argue with him because I know he will say what he says is right and arguing will only make us unhappy . Because of this I am leading a happy and healthy life and are there for each other now in old age. We share everything
    Sharing some goo dquotes which I try to follow
    Relationships are like glass. Sometimes it’s better to leave them broken than hurt yourself trying to put it back together.
    “We get comfort from those who agree with us.
    But
    We get growth from only those who criticize us.

“Being frank in life is always better than being false…

WHEN YOU GIVE AND EXPECT A RETURN THAT’S AN INVESTMENT WHEN YOU GIVE AND DON’T EXPECT ANYTHING BACK THAT’S LOVE.

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

True.

iyerviji likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Kik
    Thanks dear for opening the account but only one word

4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Yeah, that quote says all there is to be said.

Sometimes better to leave a broken relationship as it is rather than hurt yourself putting it back. The quote caught my eye in your snippet. People hurt you for years, do not heed your gentle observations on how they are abusing and straining the relationship. One finally decides enough is enough, and reduces the relationship. Time goes on. They wake up one morning and decide they want to put it all behind, and send you a beautiful friendship poem/picture on whatsapp for a fresh start. How to tell them you are not interested in fresh hurt putting back the pieces together? See, the world favors positivity, optimism and being 'nice'. Looking after yourself, protecting yourself falls under being selfish and holding a grudge. How to explain to people that their wish to fix or restart a relationship is fine, but it puts a burden on the other person? They don't get it. They are so blinded by the brightness of their glowing olive branch.

iyerviji, Sandycandy and Chiu like this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @Rihana dear for detailed feedback