1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

There Are Also Good Men And Bad Women! Just Read This!

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Oct 27, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for coming in Anusha. You are right. There are many kind men who can't put their foot down when they have to.
    With a woman like that all attempts to convince are waste of effort. Human mind is like a parachute. It works only when it is open. And the lady has closed down her mind.

thanks once again, Anusha.
    love,
    sridhar

2. meenakshirajan

meenakshirajan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir,
    My heart really goes for Surendar and Bharati. How kind they are!!
    Though I can accept these situation arises in many houses but it is definitely his duty to inform Roopa about his brother and his wife's kind heart and how good they are.
    I dont know why they are so coward?? Should i have to pity these people.Oh God please save these people.
    Love,
    Meenakshi

sindmani likes this.
  3. varalotti

Dear Meenakshi,
    there are not only women who are afraid to break the relationship but also women. Many are interested so much in preserving the status quo that they are blind to the injustice committed in the process.
    Just imagine how troubled would be the elder brother's mind once he saw his brother coming up with a few foreign goodies purchased locally at an exorbitant price while he has two boxes full of them
    For him his crime is his punishment.
    thanks for coming in,
    love,
    sridhar

4. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Re: Hi

seems like I missed reading this story...

very well said by the elder brother

I could easily resolve the highly complex business transactions in <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 /><ST1:COUNTRY-REGION><ST1:pLACE>Singapore</ST1:pLACE></ST1:COUNTRY-REGION> expressed in at least half-a-dozen different currencies in no time. But this problem is clearly beyond my ken.

We all go through this feeling atleast sometimes I guess in our married life..where no matter how great we are at other things, some how we fail to make our spouse understand our good intentions and convince them...

very touching story....hats off to surender

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  5. varalotti

Re: Hi

This is one of the stories which figures in the new book under the title, annan ennada thambi ennada. So,Srividya, officially I have started the translation work, I promised to you in the new book thread.

You are right. Problems in our married lives are much more complex than the problems we handle at our work place. Because in the work place the emotional content is much less; whereas in marriage and family, even something as changing the morning newspaper is loaded with emotional content.

That's why guys who are great in their work fail in their marriages.

I am happy you chose the right story (the one in the new book) and are impressed by it.
    good day,
    regards,
    sridhar

sindmani likes this.
  6. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

Re: Your stories are becoming unique, my dear Friend !

Thanks for sending the link to this story....
    the ending was unexpected , thus the real zing was there.
    In the real life one could have gotten out of this situation in many ways ...but this was the way of the person who is afraid of his wife..hehe, or is just devoid of guts.
    But the story's protagonist is surely the younger brother, who works according to his sweet nature and deals with the situation in that very way.

sindmani likes this.
  7. varalotti

Re: Your stories are becoming unique, my dear Friend !

Thanks Muzna for reading the story. This was published in Womens Era several years back and got rave reviews. The tamil version has come in the new book.

Just imagine the mind of the elder brother when he sees Suren handing him over foreign goodies purchased at an enormous cost - half a day's leave plus his own, hard-earned money. Suren's love was the purest type. Only that kind of love can cure the elder brother of his fear, and his wife of her avarice.

Now if you don't mistake me, here's the link for the next story. This was accepted by womens era but was not published at all. Fortunately the Tamil magazine Ananda Vikatan did it at once.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/saturdays-with-varalotti/3098-you-cant-read-without-crying.html
    Simply because I am giving you the links you need not read straightaway. You may take your own time to read.

sridhar

sindmani likes this.
  8. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir,

I read this thread through the link you gave in if only you are with me post. Very heart-rending story. Some how while reading I could guess the ending, I dont know how. Very well written , poignant story. But does such idealistic brothers exist in this world today? I really am surprised why none of the tamil magazines published this story.

Radhi

9. varalotti

Dear Radhi,
    It's really remarkable that you were able to guess the end. Because many people told me that this story had a totally unexpected ending.

Do such idealistic brothers exist in the world today? Well I can't say that for sure. I am hopeful that at least 0.1% of the brothers would be like that. But even if such brothers are not there, let such people at least exist in our mind, in our fiction and in our idioms. So that one day or other such loving people are actually born among us.

Thanks for coming in and thanks for the kind words you have about this story, Radhi.
    regards,
    sridhar

sindmani likes this.
  10. Mrudhani

Mrudhani Silver IL'ite

Re: There are Also Good Men and Bad Women! Just Read This

Hello sir,
    I could not control tears flowing down from my eyes after reading this story. Very touching and moving. Great!!!
    As I am also a married girl, I pray to god i should never be a Roopa- like character even in my worst circumstance.

sindmani and varalotti like this.