1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Writer's Dilemma - Pankaja's Article in Deccan Herald!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, May 1, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear ILites,
    Pankajas humorous article "Talk About Writer's Dilemma" has appeared in Deccan Herald on 29th April, 2007. (What a great day for it to appear, ha ha ha)
    Here's the link

Talk about writer’s dilemma - Deccan Herald - Internet Edition

Please read it and have a nice laugh.
    varalotti

Dear Pankaja,

I know that humour is your forte but never knew you would be so strong in that. The article talks not just of the writer's dilemma, but of every wife's dilemma. It is not To love Or Not To Love but To Leave or Not To Leave.

Enjoyed every word of it. Your writings are still as youthful as ever. May you write more and more.

BTW, are you still buying time?
    regards,
    sridhar

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear pankaja,
    after reading ur article if given an option who would i admire more, ur husband or u, both are so dependant on each other the scene predicted says that, his patience and ur rebuke, all looked like u have opened ur window to glimpse,
    i dont think i am in a great position to say keep writing yes i await more and more from ur humor vault...and thanks to mr.sridhar for bringing into focus ur article here.. enjoyed it a lot, with kind regards sundari kannan

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Just A Small Clarification Sundari!

Dear Sundari,
    You have got my name wrong. I am not Mr.Sridhar. I am sridhar.
    sridhar

4. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear Pankaja
    That was a real wonderful article. You have brought out so well what all women - writers, non-writers alike- go through sometime or the other in their marriages, when they want to take time off for themselves .

Thanx Sridhar, for bringing it to notice.

manjula

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pankaja,
    Your humour is at its best in this article more because, I can identify myself with you in such a situation as a wife (needless to say, the comparison ends there!).
    It is nothing but pure, unadulterated "J' on the part of the Lord & Master ! They cannot appreciate how we have learnt the art of "keeping ourselves enjoyably engaged" withoud depending on them for "entertainment" !
    Keep such humorous middles coming, my friend.
    Love,
    Chithra.

Last edited: May 2, 2007
  6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Varalotti,

Thank you for posting this link here. The likes of me do not read DH otherwise and would have missed this great piece.

Dear Mrs Pankaja,

What a nice and humourous article, above all with a libral pinch of truth and candour in it! But then as Manju said, it applies to women in all professions. I liked the way you have described the maid, even in my house she is the most venerable species. Hasya is the most difficut, you handle it with such ease.

respectful regards
    Vidya

7. chitrajan

chitrajan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Pankaja,

A really funny write up and thanks to Sridhar for bringing it to our attention.

Manju has said it rightly - we all go through this phase in our lives. And I agree with you about the maids - all the more so because I double up as the maid and mistress of the house :cry:

8. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Dear Pankaja,
    Your article is so hilarious that the last sentence had me burst into laughter.Yes, all husbands are irritated if the wife keeps herself enjoyably occupied without them. Keep these articles coming and varalotti,thankyou for bringing this to our notice. I am not a regular reader of DH and now I am wondering whether I should buy.
    Regards,
    Meenu

4 people like this.
  9. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello pankaja

you havent finished the article yet?

guess you have forgotten
    to add...
    that the huge mug of coffee
    all steaming fresh
    was brought to you
    by dear hubby
    to forget ....
    and please stay?
    no words...just....

sathya

10. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Pankaja ma'am,
    A very humourous article......enjoyed the home truths behind it......it is always the wife, who has to stock the kitchen, clean the house spick and span, cook deliciously , entertain guests and THEN TAKE TIME TO DO HER WORK! BE IT WRITING, PAINTING OR DANCING! .....Don't i know it......there was a time in my life when i was performing extensively , i had to still come back after a wonderful show, but pretend that i did not do anything great , cook and eat ,behave normally.....well you did bring some memories for me! Though the article had the Hasya rasa predominantly, for me it gave rise to other rasas too!:2thumbsup: :wink: