1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The World Wide Web / Internet (Marriage forum)

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Ragini25, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

www - about 15 years ago this became so popular.
    Now Internet/online is a household term in any country :hiya

What is the impact of Internet on relationships, marriages? Interesting to observe given so many threads nowadays says "my hubby did this online...", "my wife met someone online and...", "my sister was online and i never knew that this guy...."

Is Internet a powerful tool that was supposed to be used in the right way, but that has become an addiction and a huge time consuming and sometimes-problematic usage for people and relationships / "virtual friendships"?

How much time does one spend on facebook/emails/forums etc? How much time does one's spouse spend online? Does one need to think about implications and loss of productivity when life was simpler?

I dont know, just some random thoughts on Internet and effects on family and real life relationships. Would be interesting to see what people think.

Even in this day and age though, there are still people left who spend very little time online and spend a lot of time with their family. They may need to be appreciated too for fighting against the tide, LOL :)

3 people like this.

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Good one Ragini. Yes, looks like Internet has become the problematic "other" woman/man in our homes and seems to have come to stay. I don't know how many people will ever realize this and give up this addiction. I wonder whether there is any deaddiction programme that can help such couples. I am sure well over half of the world would queue up for treatment.

1 person likes this.
  3. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

It is also about how addicted people (and people includes all of us too) are to their laptops, computers and mobile phones.

Do we turn off all gadgets for a few hours everyday? We used to live without these gadgets and laptops some years ago, but suddenly folks have an impulsive addiction to hit "refresh" to see the latest tweet and latest update on their laptops and mobile....

Much more than half the world :) will queue up satchi!

On that note - Let me log off from my computer now :) and get to other things for the day :)

2 people like this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Of course, 'people' includes all of us, no doubts about that. Glad to see you are already on the path of deaddiction. :-D

1 person likes this.
  5. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

hey me! me! me! and :yes: me.

i dont like using them buggers. evenigns and weekends no laptop, no phone, no nothing.

but wife :rant on ipad, fb, games :roll:, deals, sari websites,...

Eidt: bytheby... i watched Ragini MMS last night ;)

1 person likes this.
  6. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

You get the no-gadgets-Superstar award :)

1 person likes this.
  7. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

One Happy Family...of today's world..........

Attached Files:

3 people like this.
  8. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

One small correction, Rise. Make the picture as all of them in their own separate rooms in the house :)
    And 'to-go' food ordered :)

2 people like this.