1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The whole thing is to shift into making conscious choices!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Dec 29, 2011.

1. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Good one Srama :)
    Conscious choices do make a big difference, when it comes to how one decides to pursue a goal/wish/aspiration.
    Many times, I have noticed that, if I had not made a conscious choice and have pushed myself into something, I have tended to be sloppy, sometimes even fail, in spite of all the hard work and effort.
    When you put your mind into something, the dream becomes a part of you, part of your role and even a little effort goes a long way.
    Wonderful message, not only does one need a goal, one needs to commit to it :)

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you ilsubscriber for your feedback! A year has gone by and I am seeing this today, thanks to a like I received for this post today. I am so grateful for that like because I get to apologize to you for not responding earlier. It was not intentional. I agree with you that the FBs indeed are a wealth of information and I had an opportunity to revisit!

Thank you Navs. Please do accept my sincere apologies! You are right there certainly is a difference in the outcome when we make a choice and proceed, however hard it may be! I am learning that it is just not the goal, even with out a goal just committing to do the best we can will take us further than we expected.

Thanks to that like by Rihana I got to re-read this thread again today!

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabita,

As they say, promises are made to be broken, there is fun attached to breaking them eh !

Regarding grandmother remaining silent, i too wonder at that at times. See thisis how i feel. in front of wife and kids i am silent, for i have spoken of everything that has happened ot me, so i will be repeating myself if i talk, so i keep quiet.But when i have a friend or cousin come ovrer, all that i tell him will be new for him, the joke, or the talk about my illness etc, so just get mom's friend to come and spend timke with her, see how they talk and exchange notes. Right or wrong ?

And i relive myself on blogs, all that is new for u, is old stuff and boring for my wife, so u are the new scapegoats for me eh ! HAHA

Regards

kamal

4. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sabita,

A good one. I appreciate very much.

Some doubts...why make a conscious effort for single thing? Why not we do things that we want to do....like taking a cup of coffee instead of doing Yoga? What is the harm in it. When we are not able to do things that we want to do...then we acceptance comes and we do accept things as they are and try to make best out of situation. Doesn't the conscious effort make life complicated and burdensome? For children...they are disciplined enough in school and at home also. Ambition for the next generation...is the ambition static (except for very few)? It keeps changing from time to time and they easily adapt to the circumstances. God has a given a gift of adaptability. One spends 20 or 25 years of life in one country, settle in some other country and are happy to adapt to the new place. Girls and boys adapt to spouse and live happily.

This is all loud thinking. After seeing many parents in India deciding ambition for children..either doctor or Engineer and make them travel in those lines. My niece in USA was very interested in art, painting etc. Studied in Columbia university, came out in flying colours. Suddenly slump came and no jobs in that field. She is frustrated, did a teacher's training course and is working as a teacher. She now repents why she did not study engineering as her sister. So, just take life as it comes and we adapt to it easily..God's gift.

I am sorry if I have deferred in some points with you. You have a great command on language which I can never master.

Thank you.

5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamalji, thank you for your response. If promises are made to be broken, I think I have broken enough promises I made to myself :) Imagine the fun in my life. But alas, I don't feel that way.

We are never your scapegoats Kamalji, we love hearing what you have to say so be sure to share here - it may be old news for your family but certainly news for us and many times quite entertaining too!

6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Shyamala,

first of all thank you for your feedback and lovely words. Please no apologies necessary. As I have said many times, I am thinking out loud too when I write, so all inputs only add value! Thanks to you I re read my own writing some three times before I could answer you. I am also grateful for the ability to change and adapt but I think it is when the change is not to our liking when we make a conscious choice about the action that we may find more meaning! Doing things that we are used to, that we like may be easier than doing things that we don't like and when we shift our thinking and do the things that we don't like as a conscious choice, perhaps it will make a difference. I think that is why we set goals - to do things that we like and we don't like and when we are doing a thing that we don't like, because it is a goal, it is a choice and we will begin to see sense in that goal and work towards it. It almost seems like it is all clearer to me now, thanks to you!

Really Shyamala, thank you for your feedback!