1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The whole thing is to shift into making conscious choices!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Dec 29, 2011.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabitha,

Am very sorry for arriving so late on the scene.:hide: All my conscious efforts could not bring me here earlier. Now there is a very genuine reason for that. Christmas season has been a very busy time for me. My jaw muscles have been very active necessitating diversion of a large portion of blood supply to them. That has left some crucial organs above my eyes very deprived. So in spite of reading, appreciating and enjoying your write up, the requisite cells are not quite coming up with the words for a half decent FB. :drown
    Which means it is high time I started making a conscious effort to avoid plum cakes and other jaw exercises and start concentrating on exercising the muscles between my ears. :bonk :bonk :bonk

1 person likes this.
  2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya sir,

thank you as always for such a wonderful feedback!
    And boy am I glad to read this last paragraph! As you have rightly pointed out, today's life such complusions become necessary especially for people like me who are presented with these myriad of choices for multitasking and all I want to do is focus one thing at a time! So by bringing in this act of conscious choice, it makes me feel less guilty and more fulfilled! I do you know envy the upbringing your generation had and have seen the same kind of satifaction in my parents and grand parents and constantly wonder as to why we struggle so much!

Happy New Year to you and your family Dear Cheeniya sir!

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Satchi,

it is always a pleasure to have you and thank you for your feedback! Now now, if this is bringing you happiness,
    you should refrain from making these consciuos choices for the whole attempt is to make ourselves happy. Why look for something that we already have! Do continue to enjoy and relish!

Happy New Year to you and your BH :)

1 person likes this.
  4. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabitha,

Very nice post.

I am short of words to appreciate your post. This conscious choice is a very important thing to be followed. I am nominating this post in FP of this month.

Whether relevant or not I would like to share the following:

When I left my job 2 years back I was really depressed but didn't repent. I felt like all around me was a mess. Then I made this conscious choice to bring things the way it should be. First thing was to make up my mind, that I left my job with my own conscious choice and that was the need of the hour.( My job as a realtor had a nature of constantly attending calls and mostly attending clients during week ends by which I could not give much time to family though I was considered to head a separate department at office. This would have needed my entire time)

Practically, only after I realized it's my own choice and started making my efforts to enjoy the purpose of leaving my job. Now I am very happy home maker. This site provides me very good contact with outside world other than relatives.

If anything done out of compulsion would eat our brain. Always it has to be our choice.

Regards
    Manjukps

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Srama dear a thought provoking post , well narrated by you. I have not started my nomination for January and now I can go and nominate your post. Glad to nominate your post.

People with goals succeed because they know where they're going." Earl Nightingale

6. marulamuniya

marulamuniya Gold IL'ite

Very inspiring at any moment of life.. I came here late and got a good chance to read all FBs which made me really happy.. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Maju for your sweet words in the feedback and for the nomination!

It certainly is relevant and thank you for sharing! It makes total sense for in choice we make, there are atleast two possiblities and unless we are aware of the choice we have made, it makes it more harder.
    Practically, only after I realized it's my own choice and started making my efforts to enjoy the purpose of leaving my job. Now I am very happy home maker. If anything done out of compulsion would eat our brain. Always it has to be our choice.

Regards
    Manjukps[/QUOTE]Thank you again for your feedback - Happy mothering and happy blogging :)

8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Viji aunty - you know how pleased I am with your nomination! Thank you! The quote you have quoted certainly makes sense!

9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you marulamuniya! Coming late is a blessing many a times for the exact same reasons you have quoted! And the FBs as you say are so good and inspiring!

And thank you for the feedback! Happy New year!

10. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabita.
    sorry for my late entry. A thought provoking post that too for a person like me!!
    You are absolutely correct.
    To Live with Conscious Choice is a practice of listening, discerning and deciding as a way of life. And when this process becomes consistent you are on your way to experiencing the Divine energy you really are.
    With these choices you are participating in the unfolding of your life in the most powerful and effective manner possible. Intentionally focusing your attention really is that important, that powerful and that vital in allowing well being to flow to you and through you. Living consciously is a lifestyle, a skill, an art. It’s not something you do just once, but a habit that you can form for the rest of your life.
    It’s not easy to changes our lives, to break out of our routines, to begin to live the lives we want.
    It takes willful effort, energy and constant vigilance to think about our choices … all of them.
    with love
    pad