1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Wedding Night

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Mar 10, 2010.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear meenakshi,

I saw your nomination and was really flattered. I think after my very first blog only this one is nominated.
    Rumi's lines inspired me to conjure up the situation to explain them properly. When the picture is good the carpenter is inspired to create a wonderful frame to put the picture. I was a carpenter who was inspired by the great picture painted by Rumi. Sridhar-Niru's story was the frame I made.
    thanks for the nice words. You made my day once with the nomination, and again with these kind comments.
    sridhar

2. swethakalyanee

swethakalyanee New IL'ite

Awesome ! Awesome ! The write up, especially the verses of Rumi, brought tears in my eyes. "Death is soul's wedding with GOD! "
    Now, can anyone anymore feel so bad of someone's death if they are reminded of these verses?
    Sridharji, I don't know if this state of 'emotionless'ness is good for anybody :) .

Recently one of my auncle's died of cancer. I Cried a lot when he passed away. But his only daughter who was younger than me, didn't shed a drop of tear. Everyone told that she was a confident woman to accept her dad's death. But I thought, she was someday anticipating her dear dad's death (Since he was cancerous) and that made her strong enough not to cry seeing him dead.

But now I realize, that young woman was matured enough to understand the real happiness in Death.

Thanks a ton for this piece -!!

Warm regards,
    Swetha Shreedhar

3. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear BB,

What you say is 100% correct ...that is BB:thumbsup But Bhargavi, let me tell you something everybody does not view things in the same angle. I beleive in Universal love..and for me gender does not matter. I am brought up in that way too. So we had friends from both the sexes and to be frank some of the opposite sex were damn close to me. But people never viewed this as a friendship thought the person was as old as my mother. Now I had to put a veil to my friendship and stopped having any talk with them as both of us knew after marriage things would not be the same. I don't want my kids to grow in this kind of environment where their friendship is restricted to same sex but the my family does not see eye to eye in this. I don't have any other option but to keep quiet as it will confuse my kids more. Now how can I teach them universal love or how can I practice the same...

So for me practicing is quite difficult given my situations but though I try my hard to do that atleast mansale....:bonk

4. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

A very thoughtful post BF.

You have echoed what the Sufis have said. Their aim is always to be one with their 'yaara' (God).

Death looses it's sting when we see death as nothing but a confluence of the soul with the divine.

Vedas say that just as how a bride is anxious to be united with her beloved, the soul too should be trained to look forward to meeting it's beloved.

A very nice way of dealing with a topic most writers shy away from.

Regards,

Your GF

5. varalotti

Thanks a lot, GF. I've been missing you in this blog for sometime. And you just walked in.

Death has no sting. The sting is with our ego. And our ego is mortally afraid of death. Fears well founded. For with death ego is sure to be annihilated. So our ego stings us every time we think about death.

Death is not an extinction of light but the fusion of a dimmer light with a brighter one, why the brightest of all lights.

As I write a blog like this, as I get a comment like this from a person like you, I feel more and more humbled. You people are very kind. For who in the world would revere a courier boy who has brought something precious? Something intended for them and sent to them by somebody at their own cost, which this boy delivered as a part of his job?

Ever since I started writing for you guys my courier office business is picking up fast. I sat down to write a Kutti Blog for this week last night. But could not go beyond two lines. I told Him, no more Kutti Blogs, only weekly postings and went to bed. This morning God was there waiting to book a parcel for you.

Of course there is one major difference between the normal courier boys and me. They are not allowed to open the pack and see what is inside. But as I have been the job of packing as well, I can see what goods I am going to deliver. In fact in many cases the goods were first enjoyed by this courier boy. And they have made a difference in his life.

sorry for the outburst. With whom can I vent my feeling but my GF?
    Your BF

6. deepadeva

deepadeva New IL'ite

really great !!. eyes are filled up.

deepa

7. varalotti

thanks deepa for coming in.
    sridhar

8. varalotti

Dears,
    Having seen the death of a noble being last week, we are going to see a page in his life this week. This intense blog is intended to be an initiation into the Buddha of Compassion.

Here's the link
    The Hurdle And The Ladder - IndusLadies

love,
    sridhar

9. manjulapathy

manjulapathy Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridhar!
    I have no words to say! I have always wondered many things about life and death. When we know that death is imminent and no human being has managed to live for ever, we live in a sort of denial. we dont realize when we cry for the departed soul that we too are going to follow the same path.
    My mom used to say something like ஸ்மசான வைராக்கியம். the one who comes out of the smasanam is full of resolutions and wisdom. At that time there is no fear and avoidance
    This life and death have always intrigued me. I am in awe at the cycles of the miraculous experience we call "Life" and "Death"
    very intersting blog! very thought provoking too! I am also in state of smasana vairagyam!
    big drama stage..... and we are all actors......
    Manjula

10. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Hi.
    A lovely story about a man who achieved the highest serenity and met the inevitable with dignity.

(The symbolism of the wedding night was also used by Sri Aurobindo Ghosh in the context of Death, where he called the soul a waiting bride.Perhaps he was influenced by the Sufi.)

The dying man reminded me of my grandfather who would keep saying, " My work is done, my accounts balance and I'm ready to go " He had a sunny disposition till the day he passed away.
    I used to be terrified of death till I was about 20. Not my own death, but of losing my loved ones. Death had that nasty ring of finality that I hated. But once my Grandma said something which changed the way I considered Death. She said " don't you think its such a waste of time, energy and talent for Providence to create a life and finish it off one day just like that ? Death is not so final. Its just an intermission. And the show starts again ! Whats to cry for ? "( She dint cry when her husband died.)
    After that, I started reading stuff she suggested and now, more or less, I have made peace with Death. It does not scare me anymore.I now have only an unbearable curiosity to know who "I" will be without the present physical identity. It must be a fun adventure of discovery !