1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Wedding Night

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Mar 10, 2010.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

2. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridhar sir,

This was an ultimate piece from you on 'Death'.

I would never forget "Death is soul's wedding-night" - Profound!

There is so much to learn from this story.

I cannot explain how you have made 'Death' sound so positive.

You are a Real Master for me. For after reading your stories, my thoughts subside and I enjoy complete bliss.

Thank you!

3. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dera Boost,

Very Poignont and profound words.....

"In a matter of hours I’ll be pushed into that room for my soul’s wedding night with God. Rumi uses this exact expression somewhere: Death is the soul’s wedding night. With its Beloved, God Himself

“A dying man is always full of aphorisms. When you have lived a full life and when your mind is loaded with love, you are only better off when you die.”

My present state of mind is like the below sentences Sridhar

“Very simple. While in his presence if the thoughts in your mind subside on their own and tranquility sits on your mind like a sparrow on a tree branch, know that he is a real master.”

No comments as of now...feeling too full. Will defintely come back. Honestly Hats off Sri... Please accept this as a standing ovation from my end.

4. Amma15

Amma15 Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridharji,

Beautifully written. Rushing off. Will get back to you, and will also share some experiences.

Thank you,
    Usha

5. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

What can I say, Sridhar? Tears are filled my eyes. beautiful poem. I want to order book of poems by Rumi. Any suggestions? Thanks for the wonderful insight.

6. jananirbk

jananirbk Senior IL'ite

Dear Sir!

Thatz was a very profound way of explaining death to a common woman like me! But still, Death is a most welcome guest for people who have finished their duties, but still how many are dying after completing their duties, with a smile of fulfillment at the end? My heart bleeds for children, the flowering buds, fade and shrivel, in stead of becoming a fully-blown flower. What they would feel at the time of death? May be "I borrowed Reshma's maths note, I have to return to her coz exams are nearing!! I did not give farewell to my friends and my Kamala teacher!! Dad told that he will take me to Goa this summer holidays, I have to miss it too, etc."

What a mother of two young ones would feel if death came as a terrible shock to her? "Who will take care of my young ones after my depart? Will my kids take up that I wont be there anymore with them? I never spoke to my DH about second marriage, will he accept? I am causing my parents a great pain that they cannot bear, etc."

How a young father would feel if death came as a thief at night if he has so many dependents at home? May be "I was planning to take insurance next month, what a fool I am to delay it!! My wife is so innocent; how she is going to face this world with two young kids? Who is going to take care of my old and retired parents after my death?"

How many people die due to calamity, accidents, and wars! My heart longs for an explanation of death to them and their family, Sir!! Really, it is a bliss to die after fulfilling one's duty, but only 10% to 15% of people in the world welcome their death as they completed their duty, I feel Sir!!

7. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear Sridhar,
    That was a moving and thought provoking post from you.Please don't laugh at me when I say that I had similar thoughts and feelings when I was too ill sometime back.I would like to explain.I had some misunderstandings with some of my close relatives.Why?I even stopped corresponding with them,since I was hurt.But while I was so ill,that my immediate family was not sure if I would survive,I became a different person altogether.Well Iam not an intelligent person like sridhar in your post and my friend sridhar,so I could not explain to myself why this change in me.May be death or the knowledge that you are going to die bring sout the nobler qualities in you.
    The Sridhar of your blog has fulfilled his wordly responsibilities,even then I shudder to think that he is satisfied he has left enough money for his wife.Somehow I can neither understand nor appreciate this attitude of his.If she were in his place she would be thinking differently and be worrying about him ie what will happen to my husband after my death?Who will look after him and care for him the way I had been doing all along.Even at that last moment her heart would be aching for him.That love is in no way lesser to the way you love God.

love
    mithila

8. varalotti

Dear Aruna,

I first thought of just giving out Rumi's poem and explain it. And then I thought even though the picture is wonderful unless it is set in a fitting frame the impact will not be there. I conjured up an imaginary situation - with all imaginary characters as the setting for Rumi's words.

Now no one is going to forget Rumi's words - Death is soul's wedding night.

I am no Master, Aruna. As I have told all of you in these forums I am just a courier boy. Let's say you work hard and have got your Ph.D. And the University sends it through a courier. Tell me, are you going to say that the courier boy was responsible for your Doctorate?
    At the most you are going to tip him some small change and go into the house to celebrate the news.
    And the tips you give me here are your comments.
    Thanks a lot for that.
    love,
    sridhar

9. varalotti

Dear bas,

by your post, which is full of quotes, and also by your call in the morning, you sort of made my day.

My blogs are made up of my life energy. And this blog took quite a lot of it. For after all it is about death, isn't it?

I am happy about the outcome. Happier still that it made you quite full.

Looking for your detailed comments.
    love,
    boost

10. varalotti

Dear Usha,
    thanks a lot. Eagerly looking forward to your experience on the subject.
    regards,
    sridhar