1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The third Chennai Rainbow Pride Parade

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Jun 27, 2011.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

The third Chennai Rainbow Pride Parade[

[At least 350 people poured on to Marina beach on Sunday morning to show their support for the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community.
    News courtesy –Times of India

Wow! Our city does not lag behind other metros. Yet there are people who are sulking that Chennaites are very conservative.

It made me ponder what was the intention of God when he created two species in the human, animal and plant world. I thought he had created male and female for procreation.

People are crying hoarse of environment degradation. They are worried about natural calamities due to mindless quarrying, mining and deforestation etc.

What about these lesbians and gays seeking pleasure through unnatural means? Country after country is passing legislation to legalize these.

Perhaps lesbians and gays could help in controlling the world population growth if they stick to their partners.

I being a conservative :hide do not subscribe to the lesbian, gay relationship.

You are welcome to post your opinion in this matter truthfully.

2. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai ma,

Yes they wanted to be legalize themselves as a citizen. Let it be
    God's creation being a lesbian or a gay. I am not much into this.
    The population will not increase and inturn they are trying to
    cater the eyes of the government.

3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Sreemathi,
    Thanks for posting your fb so soon.
    Normally we are not concerned with happenings which do not affect us directly. Thanks for posting your comments,
    Love,
    PS

4. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear shri,
    Glad to know that you are a writer. I read your story.
    and it is nice.
    I still believe that to adopt a child it is not necessary one should be a gay or lesbian. Even childless normal couple adopt a child and shower their love on the child. In our country there are people who adopt a child even having one biological child.
    It is my personal opinion. Thanks for sharing your opinion,
    Love,
    PS

5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear shri,
    Thanks a lot for your open mindedness and sharing your personal life.
    You are blessed to have a mother who defends and supports you. Of course she might have had a tough time in the beginning. I could understand her feelings after reading her mail.
    As there are two sides to a coin this matter also should be analyzed from the point of view expressed by the person concerned.
    Wishing you and your family all the best,
    Love,
    PS

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

7. sojourner

sojourner Silver IL'ite

This is obviously a very unusual topic, not only for the IL site but also for Thendral (which I pick up from grocery stores from time to time).

The exchange here again demonstrates the reach and the power of the Net. I don't think that the two gay commenters are regulars here but the blog somehow reached them and brought them to respond.

I found the Thendral story well-written and gripping.

It was also quite touching a read mothers/sisters demonstrating in public their support of their gay sons/brothers. A picture sometimes indeed is worth a thousand words -- the photo of a woman under a rainbow umbrella with her rather young son (a teenager?) was quite striking to me.

8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Ramki,

9. sojourner

sojourner Silver IL'ite

> The environment under which I was brought up was quite different. I was brought up in a protected environment.

The environment each of us grew up in determines just about everything about us (both good and bad). [And from your writings on this blog entry, you are not as conservative as you thought -- I mean this as a compliment.]

If you [or for that matter I] had had a different environment, we might well have become particle physics experts, talking nonstop about gluons, muons, mesons, and hadrons :)

10. Malar2301

Malar2301 Gold IL'ite

Dear Pushapa ma,

Just happened to read this blog. I'm not here to argue whether it is right or wrong. But those people were also created by God. And they were born in such nature. Where they are helpless and it is really a painful life for them.

I have spoken with one lesbian...she is my friend. I can see her suffer...Ultimately what she says is...the society will not accept her and often questions "is it my mistake...why me alone...? I wish to have life like others...want to have a kid of my own...but i cant..." I had tears when I hear her speaking though.

But happy to know such parade happened in chennai...atleast people are aware...and ready to accept such relationships.

Thansk for brining it to everyone's notice.