1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

The Tale of My 2009 dairy

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 8, 2010.

1. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

When 2009 started I bought myself a dairy to document the food I eat and I ended up not filling the dairy for first 4 months, I did earnestly fill it up for 1-2 days in initial excitement and forgot about it the next day.

Now, its no secret that if you write what you eat you will unconsciously evaluate your eating habit but how to write in the dairy every single day.

As the weight loss thingy was coming up good, I kept the dairy on my computer table where I was forced to see it every single day. And when it was just a hand away filling it up was not very hard. For 2-3 days I had to force myself to do it but then it came naturally to me.

Slowly the dairy became my companion, it was in my purse at office and practically everywhere I went.

If you do anything for 21 days it becomes a habit, writing to my dairy became a habit and man what a habit it is, I bought one for 2010 too.

The dairy of 2009 is now complete and I am not ever throwing it away because it hold my struggles and my success.

It is always a pleasure to just look back to pages and exclaim 'oh my god, I weighed this much and ate this much' OR 'hey this is where I started loosing more weight should I start eating what I ate those days'.

2009 dairy is a dairy of success, the dairy that shows my weight coming down and how my eating habit changed.

Track your weight loss. Be passionate about it and have an honest companion like a dairy. You can cheat everyone but not yourself. When you will write in a dairy you will be forced to see what has sneaked in and what has gone out.

A good dairy should at a glance tell you how much weight you lost in a month, you should be able to track it down in the annual planner.

One simple yet crucial secret of weight loss is maintaining a food dairy and all along we knew about this secret didn't we.

2. greenplanet

greenplanet New IL'ite

Hats off to you dear shiva the will power you showed in getting your desired results.... and also for the effort you are putting to narrate it to others for their benefit....The ways you hav followed will be a good example for others also for sure...Let it inspire others...motivate others also... .As extra weight is always an enemy for our health also todays world is after looks weather you are in 20's or in 50's doesn't matter atall..if you look slim and fit that expresses your ability in many things ofcourse..continue your blogs..all the best.

3. shivachoubey

Thanx for your appreciation greenplanet :)

4. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

I admire your determination and I can see how desperately you would like to reach out to others and show that losing weight is afterall not a very difficult thing to do as long as we stay determined and focussed. You are setting a nice example for everyone of us and it is working.....I can assure you of that. Thank you for sharing and please keep up the good work. You are an inspiration.

5. yasskamal

yasskamal Bronze IL'ite

Hai Shiva,

Thank you for sharing your idea in indusladies site. Its very useful in many ways, mainly in weight reduction. Weight reduction is very difficult. I appreciate your ideas. I bought new diary in 2010, now i will use it in 2010. Thanks a lot..................

6. Mallie

Mallie Senior IL'ite

Hai Shiva

Liked your article very much. You know I have wasted diaries for 3 consecutive years. I buy...write for a few months and then forget it. But your writing has given me motivation and Iam straight away starting my writing.....

7. shivachoubey

Thank you so much, do let me know your progress with the dairy.

8. ramayampet

ramayampet New IL'ite

hello shiva ,
    your dairy writing was very inspiring .i write for a couple of days and keep postponing for weeks ,and have never been sucessful in my wiight los campaign .hope i will be more motivated by ppl like you from indus ladies .
    thanks once again

9. shivachoubey

Thanx Ramaya. Try carrying your dairy every where. At home make sure it is kept in a place where you can see it. All the best for your weight loss.

10. HariSriPriya

HariSriPriya Senior IL'ite

thanks for sharing the info.... it is really usefull..