1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

"The "stay young" mantras" !!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by RamyaVaradharajan, Mar 29, 2008.

1. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

"The "stay young" mantras" !!

Can we save "time" ???

Can we collect "time" ??

Can we lock it in our locker ???

Can we dump it in our hand bags ???
    (say, for future use)

I hear voices blowing (deriding ?), Oh Ramya, showing your face after a long time in the blogging area, do not bug us with your questions. Yes, I can understand !! But did you think that I was here this time talking about how to "manage your time" ?? Nay, how can I, when am in need of someone to tackle mine !!!bonk

Its all about how to stay young by throwing light on what we already know but do not practice for the silly reasons being "you see, I do not have time"; "Oh, I know all this already"; "They are of no use"; "Saying is easy, but practicing ?" ....

Now, let us all tear open the ignorance sheet and learn to stay young. If we know them already, then why wait to implement ??

* Throw out non-essential numbers like age, weight and height. Of course we need to be active, but none of these should over-rule us !!

* Keep only cheerful friends. Hey, you did choose your best friend in me.:thankyou2:

* Keep learning more about what ever interests you, say, computer, crafts, gardening.

* An idle mind is a devil's workshop. And the devil's name is Alzheimers.

* Take pleasures in doing simple things in Life.

* Laugh until you gasp for breath. It takes 72 muscles to frown, just 14 to smile. Now do not ask me how many to laugh Big Laugh(but if you tell me, I will know a fact through you :))

* Be Alive while you are alive. The only person who will come life long is your own self. Tears do happen. Endure, grieve and move on.

* Your home is your refuge. So make it lively and let your stay be remembered by none other than your own self.

* Cherish your health. Health is wealth is very simple to be written or typed; to preserve the same is an Himalayan task. Now know the value of God's creation ???

* Create an opportunity to make people know that you love them and treasure their company. A few words of pearl will not cost us our life (?) but will transform our Life into a "pearl" of its kind !!

* Last but never the least. "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that takes our breath away !!!"

What say my dearest mesdames ?? (Gentlemen pl do not refrain yourself from posting your valuable feedbacks Ranting that I did not address this to your good self !!)

Agree with me ??

Come share your gray matter here ! Let this be an exhaustive blog on "staying young" !!

Regards with Love
    RamyaVaradharajan

2. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Ramya,

You are excused for not blogging. I know youhave been 200% in the treasure hunt ....
    Very well written and there is so much truth. I too believe in the age old adage" you are only as old as you believe". At least I try to pratice most if not all of the things you have written and yes it has kept me relative young in mind, and spirit.

3. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Ramya,

Time is a very imporant factor of life and your essence of time made for interesting reading. Immodestly I confess though to following most of it,infact time taught me almost all of these.

Age and weight are the two things I am selectively amnesic about.
    But a favourite line of mine happens to be the one regarding old wine.
    Life as such is a learing experience and with each phase we learn as much about others as we do about ourselves.Infact even IL has taught me a lot about myself among other things.
    Laughter oh yes its the best medicine and very important to laugh than frown if you would like to avoid those early wrinkles. Jokes apart yes dear humour is very welcome in our life.
    My home is my abode. The peace and tranquility of my home cannot be felt even in luxurious suites.
    And Dear Ramya who would want to lose a wonderful opportunity to befriend you?.I would happily welcome you as a dear friend.

Love,
    Devika

4. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

You are truly the BEST my young sweetheart...so so sweetly said.. each of your words are a gem to be stringed and worn.. I do use to let me weight hinder me till one day my son said you are so beautiful as you are (ofcourse dh had no choice but to endorse).. anyway my point being to stop worrying and start living like you say..great words..do keep blogin my young friend:)

5. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Badi baath chote mooh se....
    I liked this post young lady...Keep blogging !!!

6. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Dear Ramya
    here I come..
    Loved your post on "staying young.."
    As opposed to the regular formula.."drink lots of water,eat lots of fruits blah blah blah..you have given a very practical tip.

My 2 cents..
    Always remain cheerful and try to make people around you happy.Happiness is contagios and promotes the feeling of "being young and looking young!"

what say?
    Do continue with more such interesting pieces.

Love
    Honeybee

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Ramya dear,

I always think you will always stay young only if your mind stays so...

Look at people around us who are living example of the same...

Loved the blog on the whole.....

8. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Like most of your posts, this is a really nice blog too! Yeah, everyone wants to "look" young these days. I wonder how many really think about "staying" young. Like Shanthi, I too believe that to stay young we must keep our mind constructively active and sharp. To look young too the mind needs to be active and then there are other appearance factors such as health of the skin, color of hair, size etc. that come into play. In my mind, looking young definitely does not translate into "being" young but the reverse can be true most times.
    SS

9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear ramya,
    very well written blog......Like to see you write many more of them. I still feel young at heart, though I may not be having the looks.
    Love,
    PS

10. sudhartech

sudhartech New IL'ite

Hi Ramya
    Its cool, your blog really awesome. try posting like this.