1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The spirit of holi

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

The Spirit of Holi

These days I don’t play Holi, for any colour on me can be fatal, so I stay enclosed in the house. But before the operation, I used to love Holi, for what is Holi but the meeting of neighbours, friends and relatives, having Bhang, Thandai, and Masti.

To those of you, who want to know the origin of Holi, pls stop here and leave. I don’t know a damn, and I don’t care that I don’t know anything. I just know that this is the end of winter, the start of summer, and a great day to do masti and Dhamaal.

Yesterday, friends came over for cards in the afternoon after they played holi at their homes, called their married daughters etc. And all brough goodies to my house, those sweets, mithais, jalebis, and what not.And Harsha not in town, it was a free for all , we were very rowdy. Well when the cat is away , the mice play, but here it was a all male crowd, and sadly no Rakhee Sawant to add color to our party.

Day before, the unthinkable happened. My friend called, to say his staff has disappeared, am I available to play cards ? I agreed, and soon all the other 8 guys agreed. And at 3 pm started Rummy, and at 7 started the india Bangladesh match. We usally close cards at 7.30 pm, but well the match had us hooked.

Food came from outside, and it was 11/30 pm when we dispersed, but what a day we had, shouting, cursing the players, but in the end we were smiles, we won by the cats whiskers.

Today morning, Friday, I received a video on whats app, about a holi celebration on the Spice Jet yesterday, where u see the airhostesses dancing in the alley, to the song, pichkari ho gayi, and boy what fun that is , and must have been for the passengers, and u can see a few dancing too.

But last year same thing happened on a Jet Airlines I think, and there was a huge uproar, and the crew members suspended. Some sour passenger must have complained. And I fear here too some idiot is going to complain this his or her peace was disturbed. Sonu Nigam sang on a flight , the staff got the boot for allowing him to.

For the life of me , I cannot understand what is wrong in this, friends. You are getting more than what u have paid for eh ! Why are we so serious about life, that is should run the same dry course, the same routine.

There are people who say , we must meditate, remember god, not indulge in all these banal things, that blogging is a waste of time, blah blah. I say, that the greatest thing a person can do in life is to bring a smile on the faces of the people he meets. Tio make them forget their daily worries, and bring some joy int heir lives, by kind words, or by doing something crazy as dancing on the flight.I am sure the Airline crew was not paid anything extra for this jig, but still they went about, and brought smiles on the passengers faces.

The video proves it.

This one at the Airport last year

Rajasthan is known for bhang on Holi. In the eighties, they would make samosas and pakodas mixed with Bhang, and if u eat a few, u eat the whole lot, so tasty they make it, and then the fun starts. That person feels very hungry, and he would want to eat 30 or 40 chappatis, a few kilos of sweets, and then conk off to sleep.

And it so happens, that the mood of the person plays a big part.. if he was happy at the time he ate those samosas, he would keep laughting, and if he was sad, he would be crying for hours on end, and sleep off for a day.

Holi was fun while it lasted, why do we have to get so serious in life. We all know no one will live forever, so why not have a ball, and make others smile .

Happy belated Holi Friends.

KAMAL MAHTANI

When Big B was singing the National anthem

rekha was very impressed and stood up to approach him, seeing this big B sang the last lines very loudly

" Jaya hai jaya hai jaya hai"

A dog died and the owner took it to a local Gurdwara.

He asked the President and Granthi if he could organise a saskar and bhog for the dead animal which he loved so much.

Granthi : No it's against our Rehat Maryada. We can't do such for animals.

President : No. Never. We can't hold such Saskar and bhog for your dog in our Gurdwara but there is a Church down the village, maybe they will do such service for you.

Man: .. but Bhai Saab will that Church accept a donation of $ 1million?

The President shouted "Waheguru" why didnt you tell me your dog was a Sikh ?

Granthi: Gurbani says all are equal including animals. We must always do Sarbat Da Bhalla.

Honda India recalls 90,210 City & Mobilio cars to fix a fuel pipe fault.

Every time I read about a Car manufacturer recalling their faulty vehicles ....

I hope that one day our
    in-laws will also call us, accept their mistake & recall their product....

Disclaimer : It is just a forward message.....

=============================================================

दोरूपयेकीपेनको ..रस्सीसेबांधनेवाले ..banks

9000 करोड़डुबाकेबैठेहै..

: Yaar ek large whiskey bhej de

Room service : Sir savere ke 8 baje hai, naashte ka time hai !!

Punjabi : Chal fir Teri baat maan leta hu

#Cholley_Bhaturey bhi bhej de saath mein !!

2. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

I really dont understand how a celebration irks a guys peace wen I watched the video this was my first thoughts poor things they r working wjen they r supposed to be out playing holi wats wrong if they danced to few tunes.... in fact if u ask me i wld like them bring the cheers to commuters by dancing lively so the commuter can go to his work or home singing or humming those tunes to a lovely day... they shd mk it compulsory in morng flights :D

Kamalji likes this.
  3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bunny,

HAHA. then they will ask for more pay, and i think the passengers will not mind paying 500 extra each if they get this kind of entertainment really.
    And i checked, already the notice has been sent to the crew for doing this.Crazy chaps really.

4. shobhamma

shobhamma Gold IL'ite

As always a happy peppy post.
    What a holi you had!

Re the airline tamasha there will always be spoilsport people who have to poke their nose everywhere.

Lets have our fun and would let them have theirs but their idea of fun is to spoil our fun! Did I write that right or had too much bhaang!

shyamala1234 and Kamalji like this.
  5. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Well said! Happy belated Holi to you, too. :)

6. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji, you know we are living in the days of "Acche din" People have nothing better to do so they object to even having some fun. Maybe they like their 30 seconds of fame.

I heard someone objecting to Amitabh's rendition of the national anthem. It seems he took longer to sing the song. I doubt whether these people have ever sung the national anthem or could even recite it correctly. But they have to object and become famous.

Just Marvelous Kamalji. You even bring smile on the faces of the people whom you have never met. :laughing:

vjbunny likes this.
  7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bunny,
    on facebook , some one replied to this blog, saying that he would not liked to be disturbed by any dances etc, as he would like to sleep. Some people are very serious in life, they hate anything out of the way. And i stay away from those guys, for they take offence very easily to even normal words.Each to their own. Cumpulsory eh ! HAHA

vjbunny likes this.
  8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shobha,

Yes agreed with u, these guys spoil our fun.No bhang u had, HAHA. it is perfect.HAHA

Regards

kamal

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Amica,

Same to u too Amica.May yr life be as colorful all thru the year as Holi.
    Regards
    kamal

Amica likes this.
  10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aks,

Some people are faltu, to calculate what time AB took to sing. No wonder our courts are clogged with many such silly cases.HAHA

Tomm blog will make u smile even more. Some great topics i have, all funny.

Regards

kamal