The Special Charm of the Gita

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, May 31, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Paru,
    Why this confusion?? Don'y analyse your thoughts too much. You will end up getting more confused.

Though these topics are beyond my scope to explain, I will just attempt.

First, there is nothing wrong in praying for our own wellness.In our pujas, first there is one portion called sankalpam, where we give a list of all what all we want etc. You must have seen this in temples also. If not God, whom else can we ask?? But remember that we also mention
    sarvam krishnarpanam
    narayanaayethi samarpayami

etc. We pray to God to fulfill our requests - this is normal. BUT we should not expect that all our prayers will be fulfilled. We get only what we deserve & not hat we desire. Read
    The Law of Karma - Part 1
    The Law of Karma - Part 2
    you will get a better picture.

Also we should end with
    sarve jana sukhino bhavanthi.
    So we start with micro level & end with macro level.

Also we can chant
    Devi Kashamapana Stotram
    Kayena vacha
    etc asking for forginveness unknowigly committed by us physically or remotionally.

Also I have given

1 –Kara Charana Kritham Vaak Kaayajam Karmajam Vaa
    Sravana Nayanajam Vaa Maanasam Vaa Aparadham
    Vihitham Avihitham Vaa Sarvametat Kshamasva
    Jaya Jaya Karunabdhe Sri Maha Deva Shambho

Do Thou forgive me, Oh Lord, for all my sins committed with my hands, feet speech, body, ears, eyes and mind, while doing actions enjoined or otherwise.
    Glory unto Thee, Oh Thou Lord beneficient, Thou God of gods, Thou ocean of mercy.

Or

24 - Yanmae manasaa vaachaa karmaNaa vaa dushkrutha krutham
    Thanna indro varuNo bruhaspathih savithaa cha punanthu punah punah

Whatever sins have been committed by me, by thought, word or deed, may the Supreme Lord, the source of strength, wisdom and purity, forgive me and cleanse me of them all.

25 - Dedicating all actions:

Kayena vacha Manasendriyaiva
    Budhyatmana Va Prakrute Swabhavat
    Karomi Yadyath sakalam Parasmai
    Narayanayethi Samarpayami

Oh Lord, whatever I have done through body, speech, mind senses, intellect, soul or unconscious natural impulses – all that, I dedicate as an offering unto Thee, the Supreme all-pervading spirit.

All these should be chanted to prevent your mind getting turbulent.
    Do not unnecessarily worry - I am as human as you are or anybody else. Devi is Grace personified!! Have faith in her!
    All the best.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  2. malligashivaram

malligashivaram Gold IL'ite

Chitvish Akka that was an illuminating write up on Gita on how it simplifies life and it deep rooted problems the problems can be our mostly so the contemplation and reaching at a solutions comes from contemplation only--I will read more of the Gita buying an English version thanks ma for help:thumbsup

3. sudha05

sudha05 Junior IL'ite

ChitVish ji,

Excellent post.Many people stuck in wonder that how some one can read Bagwat Geeta.They say "You are great and amazing and how can do this!!?" this type of weird reaction comes from most of the people..I gifted a copy of Holy Geeta to my late Grand pa On his 80th birthday.On seeing this his( Grand pa's) Sister( she must be above 75 years of age) intentionally made a sarcastic remark that " who gifted this, does any one read this? its a waste!!" and many supported her by laughing on it...This is what our society and people are..Many dont know its value..Many people buy it, cover it with a red cloth, and do pooja and aarathi.
    People buy so called motivational books run after a new trend called Law of attraction which gives temporary so called happiness.But Geeta has all answer for it.

This is the one dark side of our society.On other hand many wise people do best to create awareness discuss and I am quite happy to see post on geeta since I dont visit this page regularly.Thanks a lot for sharing..Jai Shri Krishna

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  4. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

A great post here by Chitramam.
    I have started listening to the discourses on the different chapters of THE GITA by different personalities [all downloaded from the net].It is not possible for me to attend any classes due to the time and distance constraints.I am totally enjoying listening to these and is drawn by it completely.It has and is helping me in living well and a blessing.
    Also reading The art of man making -short talks on THE GITA by Chinmayananda