1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The " Someday" That Never Came .

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SCSusila, Aug 8, 2017.

1. venlax

venlax Silver IL'ite

Dear Susila,
    Congrats for the post winner. Really ur SIL is great in the sense she doesn't regret for lost dreams & hope to achieve them in next birth.I wish let God help her to achieve i this birth itself whatever possible.

There are so many women prior to our generation who lost their dreams in domestic core & there were severe constraints also.my mother though studied up to 12th only can write even 50 pages in English in neat handwriting. Sometimes she use to envy me in studies matter as my father had decided to give at least graduation to all seven children despite large joint family,financial constraints etc.I even asked my mother after my father's sudden death due to heart attack @ 55, I will make arrangements for ur stay in hostel,U study medicine & become a doctor like Dr.Subbalakshmi. I think she is the first woman doctor in Tamilnadu. My mother refused as all my five brothers were not married then. Her life turned to domestic core as usual .She looked after my son also as i was employed & my MIL ,very nice lady died at early age (my mother's uncle' aunt).

Unknowingly i had brought my Pitrus in this episode & i am really feel happy about it. The MAHALAYAM during that period ( 15 days) Pitrus visit the heirs houses & wait for their PINDA. So many people do Tharpanam on the Thithi day of in laws if it falls during the period or Bharani / Ashtami thithis falling during the period.Many go to riverbeds like Ganga,Kaveri , Thungapadra, Tamiraparani etc. do tharpanam. Good for Pitrus as well as family.

" The woods are lovely,dark & deep but i have promises to keep & miles to go before i sleep"

2. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

@venlax
    Thank you very much .
    It was wonderful to read about your mother .
    It is true that most ladies of the older generation gave up or modified tbeir own dreams , putting the interrsts of the family before theirs . Also , many of them did not have personal freedom or financial independence , which made it difficult for them to break free and take up their interests .

Pitru paksham is a time to remember our ancestors with love and gratitude . Let us remember the kind of life they led then and count our blessings , however small they may seem now .

3. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

Well written SCsusila!!

The story of "Someday" has surely made everyone wonder about themselves. We need to try and do whatever possible rather than keeping everything for the so called "Someday"
    Thanks for reminding us Scsusila.

4. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

@meril
    Thanks for writing in.
    Time and tide waits for none ! If there are opportunities , we have to use them wisely according to circumstances .
    " Tomorrow never comes " is one proverb . Someday also never comes .