The Solar System - Pluto - Belts, Tails, Showers - Part 3

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by kkrish, May 10, 2019.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:madam sister sorry to note you were terribly troubled by sinus and trust our prayers helped you to recover. You deserve great deal of rest. Please take care. You can clarify our doubts or apprehensions at your leisure upon recovery.
    Thank you
    Regards.
    God bless.

kkrish likes this.
  2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

I agree it is quite fascinating.
    As you mentioned, most deductions are hypotheses. Constantly changing, because new discoveries are made all the time and then they have to change the way they were thinking earlier.
    To me just learning about this Kuiper belt and the objects residing in that area is fascinating.
    Unimaginable.
    Four tiny terrestrial planets clearly separated by the asteroid belt from the four huge gas giants, and then again surrounded by another belt...the arrangement cannot be more perfect than this, can it?

Gauri03 likes this.
  3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Fabulous questions @Vedhavalli .
    My first reaction after reading the questions was a strong yearning to gather your sweet child in my arms and give a beary hug and shower with kisses.
    This is exactly what I wanted.
    I'll answer the questions in the Q@A thread I am to create after this. Definitely encourage your child (him or her) to ask more questions.

4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sats
    Yes... when it comes to scientific discoveries, we need to change so many preconceptions.
    Space science is an ever evolving field. New discoveries are made everyday, and to add to our headache, different scientists come up with their own postulates, hypothesis, and logic. Then when we settle down to one thought, some exploratory experiment tells us differently.
    Well, they can be frustrating, or fun ... depends on my mood of the day :)

Uranus was discovered in 1779, and Neptune in 1846. These two planets are still not visible to the unaided eye, unlike Jupiter and Saturn.
    The astrological system is much older, therefore naturally they were not included.

Also, before Copernicus (15C) the world believed in a geocentric universe.
    According to Indian astrology, Sun is also a "griha". And there are "Raaghu" and "Ketu" the nodal points of the moon, another griha, giving a total of three right there.
    (Correct me if I am wrong. I know not much about astrology)

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  5. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hi @Vedhavalli
    I have provided the response to your child's queries here Space Series - Q & A

Vedhavalli likes this.