1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Sinking Ship

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

I was ushered into the room filled with incense of joss sticks and I noticed the sculpted image of a lotus. The interviewrs, burly men mostly with handlebar moustaches, some with beareds and vemillion marks on their foreheads looked at me as if their eyes were X-ray machines.

Hi” I said.

“Jai Shri Ran “ they rumbled in chorus.

“Jai Shri Ram” I mumbled apologetically realizing my mistake.

“Where’s your manners?” asked one angrily” No pranams for us?”

I fell flat on the ground and did obeisance to them.

“That’s better said another interviewer approvingly. “You haven’t forgotten your sanskar after all.

I almost blurted out that I associated sanskar only with last rites but kept my counsel.

“The reason why we are looking for a new spokespersons is the existing ones do not want to go before the TV cameras to justify our recent actions and debacles. I seems they l have lost touch with the art of defending the indefensible. How do you react to the inclusion in our party of Narayan Rane and Naresh Agarwal. Remember we have been accusing one of being anti-national and other of corruption”.

“The party is pure like the Ganges despite all its pollution. People like the towo you mentioned will be purified by joining us” I said. “BRAVO” yelled the interviewrs in unison.

And what is your view on our recent poll debecles , particularly in Phulpur and Gorakhpur?” one bear

“Debacle what debacle?” I exclaimed “ Thse are victories not defeats”

“Come again?” said an interviwer.

We actually won the seats because the people are with us. The votes were wrested from us by Pakistan’s inter Services intelligence (ISI) and its henchmen posing as opposition party as part of making all these constituencies fiefs of Pakistan” I said.

They bravoed again in unison.

“What should we do now?” was the next question.

“Easy. Unleash the taxmen, enforcement directorate, customs IB , RAW Times Now and Republic TV on these vile, unpatriotic, anti-Hindu members of Afzal Brigade” I said.

“Great ! Looks likr Lord Ram has sent us the right person as spokesman. But one last question. What do you think of Telugu Desam qutting the NDA?”

“A bunch of rats?” I said scornfully,

“I know they ratted on us. What other description would be this apt” said one interviewer mournfully.

“Not only that. Who else would desert a sinking ship first?” I blurted out and then bit my tongue.

Thje entire interview biard pounced on me with a roar. Blows were felt and words like “Paapi, durachari” were heard.

I sat up drenched in sweat. There were no interviewers, Only my wife was looking at me curiously.

“What is all this nonsense about rats and sinking shipps” she said. “Didin’t I tell you to stop watching movies like Titanic and Poseidon on TV?

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Haha Balajee. Hilarious. So now saffron is the colour of your dreams, eh! Reminds me of a German song .....

"Grün, grün, grün sind alle meine Kleider
    Grün, grün, grün ist alles, was ich hab'"

So you can sing
    "Safrangelb sind alle meine Träume ..... "

:grinning::grinning::grinning:

3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Safran sind alle meine Alptraume

satchitananda likes this.
  4. satchitananda

Good one! But seriously, Balajee, which party is really worth our vote? Any which way we are sunk.

5. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Here comes the Honor. You are duly appointed the spokesperson.

6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

aLL POLATICIANS TRAVEL IN A nOAH'S ARK KIND OF SHIP' iT SINKS . WHO SURVIVES? THE PEOPLE OF COURSE.

7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Hi Balajee,

There is a woman who gets repeated dreams about a sinking ship and she believes that she was one of the passengers in Titanic in her earlier life. Don't think too much about BJP and their collective efforts. They are going to find a lot of icebergs on their way as they get closer to the next election. Sweat talkers need to deliver as people are awake nowadays.

Viswa

8. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

tHAT IS HORROR NOT HONOR.

9. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

TRUE VISWA, AS THEY GO SAILING NEXT YEAR, IT WOULD NE A SURPRISE IF THEIR TITANIC IS NOT SUNK BY AN ICEBERG.

10. satchitananda

Am not so sure Balajee. It wouldn't surprise me even if they make it for lack of any credible alternative.

ashima10 likes this.