The Significance Of Guru Purnima.

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by suryakala, Jul 16, 2019.

1. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

OMM.jpg
    Greetings on this Holy day of Guru Poornima.

May Sachidananda Satguru Shri Sainath Maharaj bless us all with true happiness.

The Significance of Guru Purnima.

The Full Moon Day in the month of Ashadha (July-August) is known as Guru Purnima.

This sacred day marks the very first transmission of the yogic sciences from.

Shiva – the Adiyogi or First Yogi – to the Saptarishis, the seven celebrated sages.

This momentous occasion took place on the banks of the lake Kantisarovar, which stands a few kilometers above the Kedarnath Temple in the Himalayas.
    Thus, the Adiyogi became the Adi Guru or the First Guru on this day.
    The Saptarishis carried this knowing offered by Adiyogi throughout the world.

Even today, every spiritual process on the planet draws from the spine of knowing created by Adiyogi....
    This first full moon day after the summer solstice-Dakshinayana Punyakala..

Saibaba always taught importance of Guru in one"s Spiritual ( Sadhana ) path .
    Baba said that Guru will always give complete protection to those who put their
    Faith in him in return the disciple has to offer his complete surrender , loyalty and obedience .

Once in Shirdi when someone asked about the spiritual way .... Baba said there are many ways leading us to the Divine destination but ....... there are

tigers and wolves in the jungles on the way .Kakasaheb asked ... But if we take help of Guru as guide ?
    Baba answered ....... Then there will be no difficulty the Guru will take you to destination by avoiding the tigers and wolves on the way..

Great avtaars ....Lord Rama and Lord Krishna also submitted themselves to Guru Vashistha and Sandipini respectively.

Saibaba also graced the devotees by saying ........ " DO NOT GRIEVE WHEN MY BODY PASSES AWAY , MY TOMB WILL LIVE AND MOVE AND SPEAK WITH ALL THOSE WHO MAKE ME THEIR SOLE REFUGEE.

Saibaba also used to say that first step of Spirituality is ....... Realizing " YOU " and " I " are one . Baba said 'surrender completely to me and follow what I teach with Shradha & Saburi.

Shri Guru Paurnima is being celebrated in Shirdi with devotion and in a grand scale for three days From 15/07/2019 to 17/07/2019.

Let us all surrender ourselves at holy feet of our Guru/Sadguru with full Faith and devotion in his holy being...

I humble bow to Guru/ Satguru Sri Sainath..

2. SR005

SR005 Bronze IL'ite

Nice share. very informative. Thank you.

suryakala likes this.
  3. deeparull

deeparull Silver IL'ite

Well written. Thanks for the post!!

suryakala likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:thanks for this feather touch post on this auspicious day commemorating aadhi guru.
    I too bow to Guru/ Satguru Sri Sainath..

suryakala and Anusha2917 like this.
  5. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear @Thyagarajan ,

Thanks for your beautiful response!

May we all be blessed by the Sachidananda Satguru Sri Sainath Maharaj.

Thyagarajan likes this.