The significance of Aum or Om

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Nov 16, 2006.

1. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

visual treat & enlightening post

Dear Chitra,

another beautiful explanation on the word, AUM / OM.
    Every mail of yours in the spiritual thread helps me learn a lot of new things; its like moving from darkness to light - we are all enlightened souls, thanks to you.
    the photo & floral aum were worth a thousand words.

beautiful post again.

L,Hs & Ks.

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hari Aum, Meena !

I am very happy that you enjoy every post in this forum.
    Beautiful feed back, just like you, my friend !
    Love & regards,
    not missing out H & K,
    Chithra.

3. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

Your knowledge is endless...

Dear Chitra,

Thanks for yet another enlightenment. I use "Om" very frequently in my prayers. To see the fundamental significance of "Om", its so refreshing. Henceforth, all my utterance of Om will be done with its complete understanding ! I took a little time to write to you, as I wanted to read the post again and again to fully understand the essence of your post ! I still have a long way to go to get to understand or "thaathparyam" and the explanations of many spiritual facts at the very first go ! I am still a leaner and am learning many things from you. Thanks Chitra, for imparting all that knowledge about spirituality in me !

Love,
    Preethi

P.S : The fact that you took the effort to get the floral decoration of OM done at Madurai, while you were looking after your mom, for the IL members, shows your dedication and involvement with this community ! Hat's off to you for your commitment with IL Chitra. Your commitment is the key to our closeness with you and our adoration for you !

Last edited: Nov 19, 2006
  4. Chitvish

Hari Aum, you are full of Preethi for me !

Now it is my turn to adore you for the sweet mail.
    That you read repeatedly & attempt to understand my posts speaks volumes of your commitment to learning new things.
    Now, you must have realised that I L is almost like a second home to me & you are all my " Sutramum, natpum" ! I enjoy every minute, I spend for & in I L , my dear preethi.
    Thankyou for a beautiful F B.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

5. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Hair raising

Dear Chith,
    Soooooooooooo fantastic, short and crisp is your write up on om. the photo of floral om is amazing. You do Make the IL I am now certain.
    Thank you ,dear friend,for such a neat write up.
    God be with you always. Hows your mom?
    Regards,
    Meenu
    P.S
    Your hari aum greeting reminds me of a friend of mine who greets thus everybody

6. bipasu_1950

bipasu_1950 Junior IL'ite

Hari Om

Hello,Chithra,

Many many thanks for your nice explanation of the meaning of the word OM and the floral OM is also fantastic.Actually after reading your articles about the hindu spirituality and religion in this site I have become interested in knowing more about our hindu culture and rituals about which i am not so learned.so thank you once again for your relentless work on this issue.anticipating of yuor more and more articles on this subject,

with regards,
    bipasu:clap

7. Chitvish

Hari Aum, Meenu !

Long time, no see ??!!
    In our vedanta class, it is customary to wish Hari Aum to eachother. When we call him on the phone Swamiji first says Hari Aum & never a hello !
    I am very happy, you liked my article.
    Please stay tuned, Meenu.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

8. Chitvish

Hari Aum, Visalam !

If your interest is kindled on reading my culture thread, I am very happy that I am paying your interest in the subject as my guru dakshinai to my Vedanta teacher !
    I cannot ask for anything more in my F B, Visalam ! Thankyou very much.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hari Aum Hari Aum!

Yes Chitra, I am here at last. I hope you don't mind my delayed fb and knowing you, I am sure you would have understood my predicament. Now...
    I have been wanting to read your contributions here and did not want to rush through it. I too have heard explanations about OM, but reading your words on it was refreshing. From the time I got to know that Om is really Aum and it is good to pronounce all the three sounds, I make a conscious effort to do that everytime I recite Aum.
    But honestly, I don't know which to praise more...your write up on Aum or the pictures, especially the floral one. The floral Aum was a feast to eye and like said here, I could almost smell the mayakkum malligai and rojappoo vasanai! Now please explain Chitra, is it you who discovers all this beauty and talent around you or do the beauty and talented seek you out???!!! Whatever, we are the fortunate here for being at the receiving end of all your kindness.
    Enjoyed all of it. Thank you. I am sure to repeat this floral decor with any florals available here at some future occassion.

L, Kamla

Last edited: Nov 21, 2006
  10. Chitvish

Hari Aum, Kamla !

You are as sweet & as kind as only, some of you here are to me !
    I do not discover the talent around me, Sujata ! It is abundant in everybody. I just prod a little to bring it out !!
    I am glad you enjoyed the write-up this time !
    Shall we analyse Bhakti, this week ?
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.