1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Scandal

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Jun 25, 2005.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

You are right.The world is full of hypocrites. Lakshmi is typically a traditional woman who has absolute faith in her husband. No doubt in those days many such women were exploited by their husbands.

Men of those days steeped in tradition and orthodoxy were to a great extent reliable. I can't say the samething about the men of these days who do not have much of principles to live by.

A word about the prostitute. Anusha, when you have time, just visit a thread of mine entitled "Accountant and a Prostitute" I met a prostitute in real life.
    Though I wrote this story several years after that,I am sure that it would have had an impact on this story.
    You need to go to the index to find out that post. If you can't find that,let me know. I'll give the links.
    thanks for the fb, anusha.
    regards,

2. anushakmurthy

anushakmurthy New IL'ite

Interesting....i would like to read that story. Please provide me with the link. Infact, one of my silly wants in my life is to meet a prostitute and a don in real life.

Cheers!
    -Anusha

3. varalotti

4. vashini

vashini Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridhar, Hari Om!
    I hope each and every couple in this world can be as understanding, caring and trusting one and other like the characters in your story. Guess if that happens then there will be no more any divorces. Really a nice touching story once again sridhar.

Love,
    vashini

5. banuma

banuma Senior IL'ite

Dear Varalotti,

A touching n amazing story.

Hats off to you

6. varalotti

Hari Om,Dear Vashini.
    I loved writing this story and when I showed this story to a painter friend of mine, he drew a wonderful picture. Of the courtesan sitting near a tank and the young priest consoling her.
    After seeing that picture this story had been haunting me every now and then.
    thanks for the fb,
    love,
    sridhar

7. varalotti

Dear Banuma,
    thanks a lot.
    regards,
    sridhar

8. smileypooja

smileypooja Senior IL'ite

dear Varalotti..

I started reading all your stories..every story has its own message to be given...i liked lakshmi's nature where she did not even doubt her lifepartner when the whole world was against him....THAT's TRUST....
    at the end we come to know that woman like kamala are not in that profession as they like it but are forced to...even a simple word of care gives them a feeling that even they are humanbeings like us and have wishes to be fulfilled.........

good day ..pooja

9. varalotti

dear pooja,
    thanks for the kind fb on a long-forgotten story. I loved writing this story. First I wrote it in English and showed it to my friend, who is a writer, a painter and a retired English professor.He liked the story so much that he drew a wonderful picture of Kamla and Shastriji talking near the temple pond. That picture described the scene much louder than my words.

You are right about Lakshmi's trust. In those days women were suppressed, no doubt. But there used to be gems like Lakshmi and the Priest.
    thanks once again for the fb.

10. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Dear Varalotti sir,

A touching story.I started reading all your stories. entha tamil magazine publish aanathu endru solla mudiyumaa?...plss..
    என் சிறிய வேண்டுகோள்,தமிழில் எழுதினால் நன்றாக இருக்கும்.
    regards,
    Saikripa