1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The saturday evening romance

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sureshmiyer, Sep 4, 2011.

1. sureshmiyer

sureshmiyer Silver IL'ite

There was an unusual spring in Mohan’s steps. He woke up quite early and had a long bath. He had chosen to wear his most favorite casual black check shirt and blue jeans. It has been long since he has paid attention to such details. After all, he had to meet Kavita that day. Sulakshana was, as usual, busy in the kitchen. She could not fail to notice the unusual change in Mohan after a long time.
    “Is there something special in your office?”
    “No”
    Sulakshana got back to her work. Sulakshana was working as a Marketing Executive in a Pharma Company while Mohan was working as a Sr. Accounts Executive in a Multinational Company.
    It had been five years together that Mohan and Sulakshana weathered many a storm together. Sulakshana had to support her ailing father and had to bear with the demanding parents of Mohan.
    Mohan was the youngest son of his parents and always listened to them even at the cost of his dear wife. Sulakshana understood Mohan’s attachment with his parents and appreciated his support for them at their old age. She expected Mohan to reciprocate her attachment for her ailing father. She was the youngest daughter, yet deeply attached to her father and supported him. She worked hard at home as well as office in order to support her ailing father.
    Attachment with their respective parents made Mohan and Sulakshana tied to their work, and Sulakshana was often dead tired after she returned from work. Mohan always used to complain about Sulakshana’s disinterest in sex at nights.
    “Please, do not disturb me. I am dead tired”, was all she would say whenever he approached him.
    That would leave him sulking into a corner. They lived together but the distance between their relationships was growing wider.
    In the meantime, Sulakshana’s father had already expired in a road accident, while he was walking fully drunk. Mohan’s father died few months later of a heart-attack. His elder brother suddenly started asserting his authority over the affairs and took their mother to his home while claiming rights for the property of their father. Both Mohan and Sulakshana’s life came back to square one and they had to shift to a rental house. Repayment of loans taken by them for running their family earlier also took its toll.
    Both lived together and tried to make their ends meet in a detached way. Mohan and Sulakshana ceased to have any feelings for each other any more.
    It was during this time, Mohan’s affection for Kavita grew over a year. Kavita was Mohan’s colleague and had been assisting him in his office work. She was vivacious and dressed beautifully unlike Sulakshana.
    Mohan and Kavita started meeting even after office hours. Each time, their meeting seemed to be a coincidence. Mohan had so much to speak to Kavita, while his conversation with his own wife Sulakshana was in monosyllables.
    Kavita was married to a businessman Nikhil and their wavelength never matched. They were already living separately and contemplating divorce. Kavita’s loneliness drew Mohan closer towards her. He felt a certain spark in Kavita unlike his boring dutiful wife Sulakshana.
    Mohan did not like Sulakshana’s chirpy talks with her own colleagues and thought that she was too formal towards him.
    Kavita and Mohan started freely discussing their insecurities in marriage. It was one such time when they had tea together that Mohan held Kavita’s hand. He had never held a woman’s hand other than his wife ever before. His marriage with Sulakshana was an arranged one, and here, he was in love with the most beautiful Kavita.
    Kavita was on a week’s leave from office after which she had agreed to spend some time with him at Marine Drive on a Saturday.
    There was an unusual spring in Mohan’s steps. He applied perfume over his body and checked his hairstyle. A few white hairs disturbed him, but he did not mind at all. After all, he had to meet Kavita that day.
    Mohan was ready with his bunch of roses to greet Kavita. Kavita gifted him a nice big chocolate. They settled themselves sitting on the wall facing the sea looking at the sun set amidst the rushing waves.
    They were silent for a while. Mohan’s heart was beating with excitement. Slowly he took Kavita’s hand and kissed her palm. Kavita smiled at him. He gently pulled her near him and gave a nice little kiss.
    Kavita pulled back gently.
    “Mohan”
    “Yes”
    “Shall I tell you one thing?”
    “Yes, Kavita. It’s my pleasure.”
    “I met your wife Sulakshana in a restaurant a day before.”
    “What, she never said about it.”
    “Listen Mohan, I asked her to have some tea with me. We spent a lot of time chatting together. I spoke a lot about you.”
    “What me! O’Goodness, then”
    “Sulakshana felt proud whenever I spoke highly of you. She loves you so much, Mohan.”
    “ … “There was a deep silence on the other hand.
    “Mohan, whatever happened between me and my husband should not happen to you. Sulakshana loves you a lot, and I think it will not be fair of you to be loving me at her cost.”
    Mohan was tongue-tied.
    “I love you Mohan. But there is someone who loves you more. You have got to accept Sulakshana and give her all your love.”
    There was tears in Mohan’s eyes.
    Kavita gently kissed Mohan, took his roses and walked past him slowly.
    Mohan quietly walked back home. He opened the door with his keys to find Sulakshana fast asleep after a hard days work. He kissed her on her forehead as she snuggled near him.
    Next day Sunday morning, Mohan woke up early and started preparing coffee as Sulakshana was yet to wake up. He kissed Sulakshana and woke her up.
    The aroma of coffee aroused Sulakshana’s senses and she woke up with a broad smile. They hugged deeply and had coffee together.
    Life was never the same for Mohan and Sulakshana any more.

2. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

That was a beautiful story.
    Studies have shown the cheating husbands (or wives) looks to have an affair with someone quite similar to their actual spouse, only different is, the person they are having an affair with is giving them something their spouse will not give them, i.e. love, attention, appreciation.
    This is a great story for people who are about to be married. Cheating is bad, but at the same time, husbands and wives must show each other love, respect, and appreciation.
    Sure, they don't have to go on a fancy "date night", but actions speak louder than any sweet talk.

3. sureshmiyer

Hi zipzip, thanks

Sulakshana was intelligent, caring and an independent working woman
    She loved Mohan. Mohan was lucky that Sulakshana did not think the way Mohan did, isn't it.

warm regards
    Suresh

4. vaishnavisri

vaishnavisri Senior IL'ite

nice story, beautiful end. good lesson for many couple

5. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Hai Suresh,

A great lesson for married couples...a blog narrated nicely...

Shanti

6. sureshmiyer

hi vaishnavi

thanks for your comments

cheers
    suresh

7. sureshmiyer

HI SHANTI

thanks for your comments

cheers
    suresh

8. deepmishi

deepmishi Bronze IL'ite

Very nice story...

9. aishukarthick

aishukarthick New IL'ite

hai

This was a nice story, beautiful end and also good lesson for all the couples.
    we must express our love with simple romances and a gentle kiss or hug or with words once in a day.

with regards,
    aishukarthick

10. sureshmiyer

thanks aishu and deep for comments

cheers
    suresh