The sage of Kanchi : Life of Sri Chandrashekarendra Saraswati

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by advitha, Sep 17, 2009.

1. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

Happened to hit this website recently (good articles). Just thought of sharing this info and video with you all. Life of Sri Chandrashekarendra Saraswati. Its about kanchi periyaval, a must see one.

-Uma

2. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Uma...

Thanks for sharing.... Really just now had goosebumps on viewing !! A typical example for being a Parmathma !!

"Parmathma naa ivar thaan adhukku oru apt example"

3. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Thanks uma, for the wonderful site..... Good job !

Gowri,
    I agree cent percent with ur Lines.... My humble namaskarams to the Divine Guru .

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  4. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

I adore periyavaal. He's an example to a true HUMAN. I wish I had a chance to see his kanagabhishekam but was in college during those days.

Sometimes when I get a vague feeling or dull mood, I browse this site. It contains pretty good spiritual information.

Gowrii, neenga nerayya padingo, its good for the baby :)

-Uma

5. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Uma...

Thanks.. will see to this site regularly ! :hiya

I have seen many times.. during his visit to Sri Akilandeswari Kovil, Trichy. HE used to stay in the Sankara mattam, which is next door to our house.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

6. ramkalyang

ramkalyang Senior IL'ite

Thanks .

Periyava was truly a nadamadum deivam. Started Reading his Deivathin kural day before yesterday and happened to see this thread. Every visit to see him at various places was a great experience.

The first chapter in his 'deivathin kural' is about my favorite Ganesha ( Vinayahar ).

Periyava says " The speciality of Tamilnadu is you can see vinayahar temple everywhere. It need not be a temple with big rajagopuram, but you can see Ganesha in every street corner or under any 'arasai maram' .

Since ganesha is the jeshta putra of Lord Siva & parvathi he is addressed as Pillai and with respect he is called pillai yar.

he is the first son , kuzhandhai swamy and predecessor of all. "

periyava also narrates a story about Avvaiyar and her ardent devotion to Pillayar. He says " Avvaiyar is an ardent devotee of Ganesha. She has rendered vinayahar agaval. Recitation of vinayahar agaval makes one very intelligent.

One day Sundara moorthy swamigal and Cheraman perumal nayanar were going to kailash. They invited Avvaiyar also. But Avvaiyar was performing Ganesha puja. they were hurrying her to complete the puja fast. But avvaiyar insisted them to go first and she will come after finishing the ganesha puja. At the end of the puja, Lord Ganesha blessed Avvaiyar and with his trunk took her to kailash. Avvaiyar reached Kailash much before Sundaramurthy swamigal and cheraman perumal nayanar. "

Periyava says "Lord Ganesha blesses everyone and helps them in all ways".

Will write about what periyava says why we break coconut to Pillayar in the next thread.

Thanks. Feel blessed and very happy for writing about Mahaperiyaval and my favorite god Vinayahar in the same thread.

7. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

Thanx for sharing the divine details.

8. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Uma,
    He is " Mahan" in true sense. I am reading regularly about Him regularly. The incidents that had taken place and his " Karunai mazhai to his devotees. really wonderful!!! These were recalled by one of his devotees.
    with love
    pad

9. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

I still have this feeling at the corner of my mind that I couldn't see him in person whereas I have been able to meet jayendrar and chinnavar. For some reason I feel vijayendra swamigal has that dejas that periyaval used to have.

-Uma

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  10. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi advitha,

thanx for the link. just blessed today to see this thread and the link.