The rise of India

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by shalini, Mar 14, 2006.

1. shalini

shalini New IL'ite

Hello Friends,

Off late, there is a lot of press about how India is emerging as a vibrant economy from its decades long slumber.

Recently, abc did a news show on India on the title "The rise of India". I have provided the link to the first part here. Its pretty interesting and is about 10 minutes long. It makes you feel proud.

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=1674437

After watching this, I clicked on the "International" section on the right. I scrolled down and saw the second part of this news show. Very interesting as well. It shows how american students are being taught math from online tutors in India.

Go India...go!

Shalini

2. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Hey Shalini,
    That was cool....i also felt proud after seeing the way they have projected India....
    Thanks for posting this...but i could not get the 2nd part, i went to the international section, but could not find it.

Be Proud to Be An Indian !

regards,

3. shalini

shalini New IL'ite

Its no longer there!

Hi Sudha,

I went back and checked again. It is no longer there. It was there yesterday.

While I was there today, I viewed the first part again. I was very moved when Thomas Friedman, a renowned columnist of New York Times said, "You're seeing an explosion of 50 years of pent-up aspirations. If you want to know what India feels like today, it's very simple. Pull out a champagne bottle, shake it for an hour, and take the cork off. You don't want to get in the way of that cork."

The anchor person also appropriately titled the program as "One billion reasons to care!".

Shalini

4 people like this.
  4. shalini

shalini New IL'ite

5. Maggie

Maggie New IL'ite

India rocks

Hi shalini,
    Thank you for posting this link to all of us.I went through the link and guess what............I am bloated with pride.It's a wow factor for me.

India truly rocks!!!!

Once again thank you for sharing
    maggie

6. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Hi Shalini,
    Thanks once again....i got to watch this also....
    I cannot believe that we have so much of advancement, i liked those abt the open heart surgery for kids in b'lore for less than 2000 dollars...etc . india has really done it.
    And i liked the way in the first part, this guy talks about education as a form of worship, and that is why we have so many educated people and that they would skip a meal to give their children the best education....how true, all of us from India know that our parentas do really slod to first find a good school and enroll thier little ones and even for the higher education, just think of allthe troubles parents undertake. So its is actually HATS OFF to that generation which has brought this level of advancement to India!
    And the other place which brought tears to my eyes is ::::the place where this other indian shows the shack and the people learning computers inside ....he says "this is India, from outside we look like this shack but inside we have the Pentium"..i did feel proud and moved. Good documentation and a positive one which does say that we have not snatched away the jobs, but only helped in the advancement.
    and that talk about ceasefire , and nuclear war..brought abt by the outsourcing jobs...that was a good analysis!

Great , and thanks to you that we got to see this!

regards,