1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Psychiatrist!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Dec 15, 2011.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

His day was quite busy and he finally stretched a bit, enjoying every minute of his short break, before the next one was due. He was a noted Psychiatrist and his face was seen in newpapers, journals and even TV programs too. Had you mentioned that to him, he would just smile and shift the topic.

Sugunan came on time, though reluctantly, to meet him. He was the last for the day and the doctor greeted him warmly and closed the photo album that he was seeing then. He could clearly see that Sugunan was stressed and was in a position to hurt himself or others known to him badly.

He let Sugunan talk about his woes. The man was clearly angry and was spewing venom about his love interest Vinodha. She married somebody else and he wanted to wreck her life. "Her love seemed so pure, you know! I lost myself seeing her tears and false affection that she showered! Then one fine day, she said that her parents forced her to marry someone else and she left! What a cheat!", he said. The doctor started.

"Sugunan, do you think that your love is true?", he asked. "How can you ask such a stupid question?", Sugunan retorted. The doctor continued - "No! It doesn't look like one to me. Had it been so, you could have wished her or at least leave her alone, after knowing that she's married. Consider this! Had she truly loved you, what she undergoes now itself is her life-time punishment. And had she not loved you at all, why should you worry about somebody who didn't love you in the first place? Don't say that she cheated you. Now you are cheating yourself!".

Sugunan felt like being slapped for the first time and left, after the doctor advised him some more and gave a prescription and the next appointment. The psychiatrist opened the album back.

He fixed his eyes on the girl and apologized again.

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Rgs, You are at your best again!!! excellent piece this is...

and the final twist is really superb...

3. rgsrinivasan

Thanks very much Pallavi4me, for your appreciation. -rgs

4. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

Good one rgs..

but final twist, i did expect

:)

5. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

A great one rgs.... like stranger i too expect the final twist.... guess we are getting to know you a tad too well ;-)

Akila

6. rgsrinivasan

Thats fine with me Strangerrr. Can't underestimate your smartness too. Such a story has only a fewer options for a sudden end and I chose the one that was apt to my knowledge.
    Thanks. -rgs

7. rgsrinivasan

As I said before, you are very smart Akila. And as I said to Strangerrr earlier, this has only a few believable options for a fitting end. Hope I will be able to surprise you with my next ones. Thanks. -rgs

8. vchelluri

vchelluri Gold IL'ite

Hmmmmmmm.......................

Nice story with a very good message in it.

Couldn't really sense the twist but sure that my brain becomes more sharper by following your stories regularly and hope to catch the twists in your future ones.

Regards,
    Latha.

9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Why is he apologizing to the girl in the album? He has done nothing wrong neither as a psychiatrist nor as a man.

10. rgsrinivasan

C'mon Latha, its not that difficult and defeats the purpose if you don't get at it. Btw, really appreciate your honesty and thanks for your appreciation. -rgs