1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Promise

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by Shakthi, Jun 2, 2005.

1. srisrimathi2005

srisrimathi2005 New IL'ite

hi Sridhar, I am a new member,n i read 3 stories of urs. all the 3 stories brought out tears.the story The promise was very touching.Am happy to hear that u live very close to my place palani.

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Srisrimathi!

Thanks for those nice words, Srisrimathi. And I am very happy to learn that you live in Palani. That's the nearest to me. Because before you the nearest place of other members were either Bangalore or Chennai, both about 450 plus kilometres away from Madurai.
    I had been to Palani many times. Now the temple is so crowded that unless you have influence you cant see the deity.
    In your town I used to stay in Thiruppur Lodge. Their coffee used to be very good.
    regards,
    sridhar

3. srisrimathi2005

srisrimathi2005 New IL'ite

Dear Sridhar, Happy to see your early reply. My place is a small village near palani,our factory is in the foot hills of palani. I keep shuttling to coimbatore and palani ,b'cos of my daughters studies.what u said is true,pilgrims to palani r increasing day by day and keep pouring in.without any influence it takes more than 5 to 6 hrs to go up the hill n see the diety.I've been to thiruppur lodge many times and as i love coffee,i order only coffee whenever i go there.
    Thanks for ur kind regards

4. वेदश्री

वेदश्री New IL'ite

Very touchy !

Namaskar.

I have got an opportunity to find Varalotti Sir from the ocean of humans in this world because of this story ! Sir, really this story is very mind blowing and it really touched my heart. Please keep writing such nice stories.

वेदश्री ( Vedashri )

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Vedashri

Because of you, I got to read the story by Varalotti..The Promise.
    I have read many of his posts, snippets and stories and also am a proud owner of some of his books. But I did not read this till now. I was terribly moved by this lovely story and even more so when I read what may have been the first post of Sridhar in Indusladies. To see such an accomplished writer introducing himself here with such humility brought tears to my eyes.

It is really nice to know you Sridhar:)

L, Kamla

6. varalotti

Thanks Vedasri and Kamla

Dear Vedasri and Kamla,

I found this forum only because of this story. A moderator of this forum, Shakti, had posted this story here. (If you had checked you will find tht this story was not posted by me). And I found out this site while googling my name on the net.

After seeing all your kind words of praise and affection I realise even more strongly that this story came through me and not from me.

Thanks once again,
    sridhar

7. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Re: Thanks Vedasri and Kamla

Dear Sridhar,

:clap:clap:clap

I had read this piece as a forwarded message without knowing the author. Only when I saw it nominated for FP and read it, I realized it was from our dear writer, the legend himself.

I will say this as your masterpiece Sridhar.........My dd also read it now and she also feel the same. In her simple words......... "It is tooooooo good". What else can a 8yr old say.

I just Bow to you Sridhar for giving us these mps (master pieces).

8. varalotti

Re: Thanks Vedasri and Kamla

Dear Lalitha,
    It is I who have to thank you for having made me relive and remember this story after a gap of two years. The last fb to this post was in 2006 and now I have got one from you, my friend.
    It was my only story that became a forwarded message. At one time it made my cousin who does not read anything outside his profession (he's a CA) call me and thank me for that.

I am very happy to get that comment fom your 8 year old. It's easy to win awards and honours. But to win such kind words of praise from an 8 year old is a real honour and a unique privilege. Thanks for giving that to me. Incidentally this story is also about an 8 year old.

Needless to repeat again that this story came in to IL even before I came in.
    thanks once again, Lalitha.
    Love,

9. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar !!

An Awesome story..So heart touching .... Your story left me in tears... Spectacular Love !!!

Wonderful Narration !! :bowdown

You Rock Sridhar !! You are a Versatile Writer.!!

:gift:gift:gift:gift:gift:gift:gift:gift:gift

Please Accept my E-Gifts..

10. varalotti

Dear Brindha,
    You know that your fb, your E-gifts are very special for one reason. For today is the fifth anniversary of the publication of the story. (When I wrote a pm to you I wrongly gave the date as 28/7/03).
    Your fb has silently celebrated the fifth anniversary of this story.
    thanks once again,
    love,