1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Price - Part 8

Discussion in 'The Price - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Aug 11, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Amrita,
    I also felt very heavy after writing the story. You will be surprised to know that this story took several forms. First I wrote it as a four page short story in Tamil which was promptly rejected by all the Tamil mags.
    I knew that the substance was all right but the form was not ok. So I wrote it in English as a novelette which the Womans Era promptly accepted and published.
    Then I published it here in IL.
    Then I still lengthened it and then it was published as "Oru Kathanayaganin Kathai" (A Hero's story) as a pocket novel. This was published in September 2008.

At times when you want to say something with force a tragic story is the most powerful medium. I want our younger generation to understand what's happening behind the scenes in the tinsel town. I have some friends there in the industry who say what's happening there is a hundred times worse than what I have written.

A sequel to this story? Interesting idea. Let me try my hands at it. But right now the current serial LOVE ALL is occupying all my heart. BTW did you have the time to read any of the 5 episodes I had posted?

Here's the link to the first episode
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/saturdays-with-varalotti/40253-love-all-episode-1-a.html

Thanks for the fb, Amrita
    love,
    sridhar

2. AmritaPoorni

AmritaPoorni Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sridhar sir,

Yes, I am really surprised to know all the different forms through which this story went through.

BTW, I have read your serial story "The Haunted House" and have posted my FB. Do read it when you get time. I have also started with LOVE ALL and will soon post my FB.

Love,
    AmritaPoorni:)

3. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Re: Saturdays With Varalotti - Part 8

i expected that chandar used vidya....

finally Vidya became a ZERO to make her husband a HERO.....that HERO who can never understand his own wifes' sacrifices and mental trauma..and all he cared is just his pleasure, his success , his money, his name and his fame....hope vidya is alive some where...and a good lesson for Mr. Raghavan / Ram Kumar

again a nice story..pretty short but good one

4. varalotti

Re: Saturdays With Varalotti - Part 8

Dear Srividya,
    I wrote this story in Womans Era in 2003. It came as a two part story. I have given the same story here.
    Then I expanded it and wrote it as a Tamil Novel. It was published as a monthly novel by Kumkumachimizh.
    You might have seen the roaring controversy which my dear friend Vedashree created on reading the story. She could not digest vidya giving herself to Chandar for her husbands sake.
    I wrote this story mostly as an antidote to those who come rushing to join the cine world.
    I am happy that you liked this story Srividya.
    Thanks for reading all my stories at one go.
    love,
    sridhar

5. ixora

ixora New IL'ite

Dear V sir,

I can't stop than reading your story. It was too outstanding:thumbsup

Please keep on writting.!! All the best to you.

6. varalotti

Thanks ixora. I have been continuously. After this mini serial there were four more serials, SHE, HE, A Love Story and Love All. Then I wrote a series on God Oh My God. Now I am writing a series of blogs on God's love. This is going to be made into a book soon.
    Click on the words Can You Explain God's Love below my signature to read the latest blog.
    thanks for the nice words, ixora. They mean a lot to me.
    love,
    sridhar

7. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Uncle,

Yet another story from your book. Though its good, i feel heavy whenever i read the stories which end without happy note.

Wonderful narration uncle:cheers

8. varalotti

Dear Raba,
    thanks. I also love to write happy stories. But you need to write heavy stories like this once in a way. And there is nothing like heavy stories to teach about life.
    Raba, I have posted the 5th episode today.
    thanks once again.
    sridhar uncle

9. crazywriter

crazywriter Platinum IL'ite

dear uncle,

thats a great story. what you say is very true of the tinsel world. there are many star marriages which have failed, because of the infidelity of one of the spouses.

I read it in one shot. luckily, all the episodes are readily available :). now I will read all the other serials written by you.

10. crazywriter

crazywriter Platinum IL'ite

PS, I have noticed that the names Sharada and Raghavan are among your favourites. :) even I like the name Sharada.