1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Price - Part 3

Discussion in 'The Price - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Jul 8, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

You're right, Varloo

Dear Varloo,
    the lure of fame and power is very powerful that even a normally good man like Raghavan would do mean things to achieve them.
    Raghavan had a lot of opportunities to back away. But he could not. At least at this stage if he had backed out of the race to the cineworld, the story could have ended happily.
    But he did not and let's see what life and fate has in store for him.
    I also pity Vidya, but I pity Raghavan more as he is laying a strong foundation for a life of pain and suffering.
    regards,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Thanks, Anjana

Dear Anjana,
    That's a good observation that R does not need acting lessons as he has started acting to his loving wife. Cheating and betraying has already commenced.
    Reshma is another character who has lost her life to meaningless pursuits and a total lack of value system.
    But in one thing you are mistaken, Anjana. About Raghavan having the cake and eating it. I have described how hideous Reshma is. How ugly she is. If a person has a relationship with her just to fulfil his ambition how badly should he squirming within.
    Men will love having affair with as many women as possible. I don't deny it. But having something to do with a hag like Reshma, well, if there are men who love to do it, well, they should consult a good psychiatrist.
    thanks for the interest, Anjana.
    regards,
    sridhar

3. varalotti

Thanks Vidya

Dear Vidya,
    The damsel in distress is something easy to portray and easier still to understand. But a handsome man in distress is complex and he does not have much supporters especially from a site like IL. You have hit the nail on its head.
    I feel honoured to know that this ordinary story written by a mofussil acccountant is read and re-read by you. And that you tend to like it is my success.
    Thanks Vidya.
    Varalotti

4. varalotti

Laced With Heavy Pathos, Poetic Words, Kamla

Dear Kamla,
    It is only those people who could have lead a simple and a happy life who fall prey for these kind of desires.
    I have already disappointed you for there are no twists in this episode. And I am going to further disappoint you by saying that this story is not going to end during next week. It may go for another 3, 4 weeks.
    I am restricting the episode size to 1000 words because I want every one to appreciate the story in its minutest detail.
    Any story that contains the life's basic lessons always makes us sad. Like the Mahabaratha.
    Thanks for staying tuned.
    regards,
    sridhar

5. varalotti

You are right, Purnima!

Yes, Purnima, it scary. But the problem with the young aspirants - whether men or women - is that after a while they get used to the creepy feelings.
    Raghavan has only started his game. Just wait and see where this game is leading him to.
    thanks for the words of praise.
    regards,
    sridhar

6. vidhukumar

vidhukumar Senior IL'ite

Hi Mr Varalotti,
    i have always loved your short stories which carry strong messages!!i had also liked the haunted house!!now this story 'Price' is again kindeling a lot of interest in me.....the charecters are very simple and naive....am looking forward to see how raghavan and vidya untangle the knots in their life....good work!!!waiting for more!!!

7. varalotti

Thanks Vidhukumar

Hi Ms.Vidhukumar,
    It's sheer happiness to know that you love my stories. And Price is a story which I myself love.
    Not all knots in life can be untangled at the end. And this is not the story to end with the immortal lines, "And they lived happily everafter."
    And many more things are yet to come.
    thanks for the interest,
    regards,
    varalotti

8. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Me, from Madurai, also a Rajini fan like you !

Naan lateaa vanthalum, latestaa varuven dear Sridhar !
    In cinema, I enjoy the " timing" of namma college Vivek & namma ooru Vadivelu. You are joining them in your perfect " timing". ( All said and done, we Maduraites are a class by ourselves ! )Raghavan slipping the diamond ring in Vidya's finger just when she is about to ask the O T money details, is ample evidence !
    When Raghavan has decided to dig his own grave, how can you help him, Sridhar ?
    Well, about your " mofussil accountant" kathai, I visited Madural recently.. do not " kathai alakkufy" to me ! My nephew gave me a hint about the popularity of my I L colleague & I straight " zoomed" into the seventh heaven in my happiness about you !
    Sorry for the manipravalam. It is just like your writing for A V & W E simultaneously !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

9. varalotti

late, latest and greatest!

Dear Chitra,
    thanks for the "bell-pravalam" post. I was not prepared to go to the next episode unless your fb comes. And it has come carrying your own inimitable style.
    One thing I need to tell about this story. There were many stories which I wrote and a very few which got written by me, in the sense, I did not write it, it wrote itself. This story, the scar and the promise belong to that category.
    nobody can help Raghavan. But he can help many of us by making us think of the high price we pay for small things in life.
    Regarding mofussil accountant, whatever your nephew might have said facts remain facts.
    Madurai is not a metropolis, agreed? It is a mofussil town.
    And I am an accountant. How do you call an accountant in Madurai, mofussil accountant. Simple. If you call me metro doctor then that will be factually wrong twice over. How is it? ( Idhu eppadi irrukku, Rajni's dialogue in English)
    regards,
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Is My Story Boring?

Most Gracious ILites,

As I will be busy tomorrow I have posted Part 4 today itself.

I find that compared to Part 2, Part 3 was not that interesting. The viewership (which to me is the TRP rating) is terribly down.

ILites out of affection for me can cite several reasons - they were otherwise busy, they had gone out on a vacation, last week of Ani before Aadi month comes, school and college admission season - the list is endless.

But I know. And after writing for donkeys' years, I ought to know. IL is a very discerning community and when the viewership goes down, it means only one thing. That my writing quality has gone down.

Let me try to improve that. And those of you who can specifically point out any area where there is scope for improvement, please do that. That'll be a great help for me.

With love,
    Varalotti