1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

The Power Of Fitness...

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by anika987, Jan 7, 2020.

1. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

What's dry fasting?

2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Two types of fasts dry and soft

minimum for 24 hours no water intake and food is soft dry fast

Apart from no food and water no contact with water on skin is hard dry fast

from 24 to 72 hours people do that..

I do it 24 hours once in 3 months.

it reduces inflammation and other toxins from body.

However again it requires proper prep and not start right away and breaking fast the right way is also important

gknew likes this.
  3. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

I always have a confusion between Rice and wheat...which is better and which is least likely to cause weight gain? In my household all consume rice and wheat, more of rice...wheat in form of roti, paratha, dalia puma etc..I sometimes eat rice, wheat, oats , millets, red rice, dalia, quinoa, etc with side dish..like sambar, sabji, dals, curries etc...according to my convenience I have it..confused which grain is best for me for weight loss? I m hypothyroid.

anika987 likes this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Nothing is better than the other but roti is eaten more in the north coz of their climate and they eat with ghee and that’s the way it is supposed to be eaten.However,I suggest to not eat roti in night as it takes a long time to digest and is not light on the stomach.Rice is light,cooking and is a better choice for the south.

Both are carbs.Eat in moderation with your protein and veggies more on the plate.Stop when your stomach feels 90 percent full.Eat mindfully.try to give atleast 3 hours gap before sleep time.

5. Itsmylife143

Itsmylife143 Platinum IL'ite

Nice Points, When you mentioned Ghee, I felt a like referring Rujuta Diwakar Diets most of her books and her diet plans take ghee at least two to three spoons per day. Ghee is one of the best Fat where we stopped using because of the doctors & Pharmacy wrong information

But 17th Point you said Avoid Roti at night it is hard to digest fats, Roti is high in Carbs not in fats, Rice two times a day is not a good suggestion, Dal is Protein and Carbs bit hard to digest. 18th Point Why No Fruits at night? Fruits which are water content best to take at night for digestion. Most of the fat burning happens at night so taking lite food like fruits before 7 pm is always good.

Always keep More veggies in your meals and Don't Eat Less, Eat Healthily.

Attached Files:

Ramyarc, anika987 and Needtobestrong like this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Fruits are still sugar and best in moderation.Why I mentioned nighttime is it also could distrupt with sleep,could spike sugar levels for diabetics but there are many low sugar and carb fruits which can be taken but not overdone.Also,our metabolism also slows down after the noon.

Roti is carbs that’s what I said not fats but hard to digest.

night time I go a lot with moong dal and some rice with ghee.

I Follow a lot of rujuta and whatever I had mentioned everything I follow.Plus the workouts which I mentioned in second thread.

Again,I am not a dietician but all the above I have been following a lot.It works very well and I wanted to share.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  7. Ramyarc

Ramyarc Silver IL'ite

hi
    I have reduced rice and chapati from my diet. To compensate i have added steamed veggies in my diet. Veggies have lot of fiber and make us feel full. And they are nature’s vitamins.

i was able to reduce about 3 kgs with this. Am still trying to reduce more.

8. Itsmylife143

Itsmylife143 Platinum IL'ite

I want to give some Clarification about Sugar, Carbs. Firstly Sugar(Glucose, Fructose, Lactose, Sucrose, Maltose) & Carbs both are closely the same, All Carbs have sugar, Here two Types of Carbs there Simple(Bad) and Complex(Good) Carbs observe by the liver and releases glucose which is energy to our body. Normal Sugar & Processed food sugar(Sucrose) are dangerous. When compared to this fructose is good that presents in Fruits, Fruits are rich in Vitamins, Minerals and helpful for the body to give supplements. Fruits have a good amount of Fiber that will not be there in Dal, Non-Veg, Rice, etc. You said that fruits have sugar that spike sugar levels for diabetes that's why eating rice and moong dal then why doc says don't eat rice to diabetes patients. We should choose fruits which are more water content like Papaya, Watermelon, Guava, Muskmelon, Orange, Pineapple, etc. Diabetes people have to eat more veg curries or green leaf and less water contains fruits. These are less in calories and digestive easily.

You said that metabolism will be slow afternoon yes the body functions differently at night and day. That's why our old generation used to have early dinner and they sleep early and wake up early. When your body functions slow means you should not eat rice or dal because it is hard to digest dal if we feed hard food our body doesn't get rest when we sleep it will function to digest our food. Eat lite food like Fruits, Nuts & Seeds are a good choice at dinner time before 7 pm and easily digest and keep a 3hrs gap to your dinner and bedtime, Once you sleep the body burns the fat and weight loss will happen.

I am not a dietician too I shared my experience which I learned from books, personal experience. If any wrong info correct me.

anika987 likes this.
  9. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Maybe you are right and people should follow,try and test it for themselves.

I am just putting forth what worked for me and wanted to help.

I also follow rujuta and she suggested dal and rice for dinner and I personally eat moong dal which is lite for dinner and my bowel moments were good and digestion never a problem.I slept well too and felt good.I had mentioned some low carb fruits can be taken and not overdone.Also,best to eat the fruits local to our geography,country and seasons

If people want to go ahead with fruits, no problem if it works well for them.I just suggested what worked for me.There are also a lot of fitness threads in IL and many follow different diets and are losing it successfully after they tried and tested.My views are also from different sources plus tried and tested by me.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  10. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

Here are few directions:

1.Call yoga studios in your neighborhood and ask them if they offer teacher training classes. It normally costs between $2k-3k ( could vary in your area ). After the training, they are likely to hire you for certain classes. Or you can offer lessons in your community, gym, ymca, temple, etc.

2. Call the fitnesse center in your area and ask them how to go about becoming a fitnesse trainer. You can stop by and ask the same question.

This aside,you can work from home, by having your own travel agency. Flexible hours and you will get to make some money. I don't know how much you can make.

You can also do customer service when working from home. For this, you need to search online or explore how to do something like this, as I have no idea on who offers such job, but I do end up calling people who are at home when I have to pay medical bills etc. Next time I will ask them about their work arrangement.

This aside, here comes my yang pitch:

Do you want to make $1000 a month for doing nothing? ( your DH will make $1000 a month as well ). Well, vote for Andrew Yang in the democratic primary.

If possible,donate to his campaign. ( $5, $10, $15 : anything you can )

Also, Andrew's campaign is looking for some volunteers to call people and explain about his policies. You will get some experience of calling strangers ( which will help you sharpen your communication and customer service skills ).

Andrew's Policies Our Policies - Yang2020 - Andrew Yang for President

To volunteer, sign up here: Volunteer for Yang2020.

Watch some yang videos on youtube to see if resonates with you.

Good Luck Anika.

Vaikuntha, Rihana and anika987 like this.