1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Pizza Incident

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by zeppelingirl, Nov 20, 2017.

1. HazelPup

HazelPup Platinum IL'ite

OP, getting a Pizza for the kids would have been much easier and giver eats happily (his share) and reciever eats it merrily too. No hard feelings leaves everyone happy. Whatever done is done ! No point in worrying now. so ask the brother to take it easy and when there is a next time I am sure he will remember this and feed the hungry kids.

I hope you are not referring to the 'kaakaa muttai' tamil movie ... Finally the kids loved the paati's oththappam better than the pizza they dreamed for

hino, sindmani and zeppelingirl like this.
  2. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

I am all for charity and helping the poor or sharing a part of what we have with the less privilged ones . This happened in an upscale mall so that’s something to question as to why they are allowed inside the malls . Sometimes they can be a nuisance by constantly pestering the patrons , inappropriately touching them , shop lifting or pick pocketing . I am not generalizing but it happens even in streets . If you say no to them , they will follow you , misbehave or sometime curse at you . When we go for an outing , in this case a couple on a date , nobody would like to be disturbed . If a couple is enjoying a peaceful romantic meal , it could be quite irritating when some 3rd wheel interrupts . If you say no, they will move on to someone else and continue pestering them . The kids you are talking about must be decent who left without overdoing it but some can be quite persistent with their demands . And if we give one , others in their clan will come running creating a ruckus . It’s better to not encourage such things in malls , especially for security reasons. Even in the US, you would never see a homeless guy walking into a mall and asking for money .

There are several ways to do charity but it’s important to keep in mind that ones charity doesn’t become a nuisance for everyone else .

3. hino

hino Silver IL'ite

OP , Buying food is better than giving money. If we can afford to buy some thing for needy, definitely yes. we can help them. Food is necessity and not the luxury.

zeppelingirl and sindmani like this.
  4. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

In CP(Connaught place Delhi) there are lots of healthy men too who runs behind you and ask to buy them a meal or at least a cup of tea. It happened to me and I too got scared and ran away. No one can say that they don't have anything to eat.

Also I saw a man fully band aid comes to beg at a same place daily. One day I was surprised to see him coming on a van taking out wheel chair a woman holding it and 2 men were also there who came to just drop them. One of them might be a driver and other I don't know. And everyday u can see fresh bandaid covered from top to bottom.

I personally don't give anything to anyone after viewing all this.

zeppelingirl and hino like this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Oh ! Thank you. You had almost hit the bull's eye. Yes lightly adapted.
    Regards. God Bless Us All.

HazelPup likes this.
  6. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

I think

7. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

I think that we should never refuse food to - leave alone kids - anybody. Nothing satifies a soul than a full stomach!! My mother would always say, " Vaay vaazhthattaalum vayiRu vaazhthum."

sindmani, hino and zeppelingirl like this.
  8. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    At times, it may form a habit, but....nobody should go hungry too. Better to feed and regret than otherwise.

hino and zeppelingirl like this.
  9. hino

hino Silver IL'ite

totally agreed. Feed the hungry people at least when they come to you ...Helping hands are greater than praying lips...

zeppelingirl likes this.