1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Period Story

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by teenulahari, Sep 4, 2017.

1. teenulahari

teenulahari Gold IL'ite

Thank U Sindhu:)

2. teenulahari

teenulahari Gold IL'ite

Happy to receive a feedback from you @IniyaaSri. Thank u, feeling so happy :blush::D

IniyaaSri likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:THIS IS THE CASE WITH CULTURALLY GREAT INDIA. neither the parents nor the education authorities bothered to keep them informed of this Nature's special to equip the person for marriage and child bearing etc. Rural India still treat this as pollution and I wonder which authority would be responsible for educating girl child of this most essential biological event. I wish the author all accolades and approbation for bringing out in subtle manner highlighted the necessity of keeping the girl child with awareness on the subject. God Bless You and all the girls/ladies/women and IL'ites. Regards.

teenulahari likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

:hello:The sensitive issue handled very effectively resulting in the function held as planned. thanks for beautiful narration punctured with humour . the secrecy and exclusivity maintained during their formative years are instrumental that girls suffer through the negative emotions and remain scary . for better bonding among siblings irrespective of gender, the natural essential process adopted by Nature ought to be included in the academic curriculum. Regards. God Bless.

teenulahari likes this.
  5. teenulahari

teenulahari Gold IL'ite

After reading @MumsWorld post on How To Talk About Periods With My 10+ Dd? I felt like writing this snippet ( Just to highlight how it feels like for a girl when we don't teach her about Mensus). Yes Sir, like you said in Rural India and also in many other parts menstruating women are considered Impure. Various cultural, religious norms are imposed on them. It's not just an authority's responsibility to educe a girl child but also family especially mother and siblings are equally important & responsible to enlighten her. Thank You for the FB Sir.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  6. Thyagarajan

:hello:Superb while endorsing my view you had also made fresh points I mean the sequel and prequel for the thread that is rightly nominated. Regards.God bless us all.

teenulahari likes this.
  7. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

OP,

I'm sure it was a great relief to know the actual truth and to have the five stars offered to you a while go. :)

[QUOTE="jayasala42,[/QUOTE]

All these would definitely look strange to the new generation, while everything comes handy these days. Yes, it was a brave act of your mother. I can so imagine how the crowd back then would have reacted if they knew what's going on.

Thanks for sharing the experience, it was good to know how everything were back then. Well written.

Thyagarajan and teenulahari like this.
  8. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

Reading all the comments on this topic and on how conservative families were back then .{Actually I don't know if the Indian parents has changed drastically over the years, but thanks to the internet.)

Their interaction being so minimal with the outside world, wouldn't they be so illiterate of sexual issues. How freaked out would she be on her first night?

PS.Excuse me OP for pouring in my curiousity on your post. I would like to know how the world was back then.

teenulahari likes this.
  9. Thyagarajan

All these would definitely look strange to the new generation, while everything comes handy these days. Yes, it was a brave act of your mother. I can so imagine how the crowd back then would have reacted if they knew what's going on.

:hello:Thanks for sharing the experience, it was good to know how everything were back then. Well written.[/QUOTE]
    of course ur right. it would have been sort of a cataclysm putting everything in haywire. Profound heartfelt thanks to author of the thread. Regards. God Bless Us All.

teenulahari likes this.
  10. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Hi teenu....

Had a hearty laugh reading your post....
    I had more or less similar funny experience, though for me, it all happened in school and i told my frnd that i had blood cancer and would be soon gone.... that's when she asked for the details and explained everything to me....

I guess the 70s and 80s born kids were innocent and naive.... most of us, believed everything we saw in movies....

True, menstruation was a taboo to be discussed.....

teenulahari likes this.