1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Pathetic State Of My State And Its People!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Rajeni, May 23, 2018.

1. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

I am not sure whether I could write anything coherently with my thoughts so enraged. I am so frustrated about my own helplessness. I just could not imagine or come to terms with what has happened in Tuticorin, a city in the southern part of Tamil Nadu - 11 common people, most of them young, were killed in Police shooting when they tried to enter the collector office to protest against the Sterlite copper plant and there were no citing that they resorted to violence to have caused the shooting.

The TN news channels are full of this - all oppositions calling the Govt. (of course rightly) inefficient, questioning on who passed the shooting order, why none of the less harmful means were tried to dissolve the crowd, who gave the permission to use such powerful rifles against common people, where was the district collector when all the chaos were happening. There are no answers but we don’t expect one, do we? We are so used to not getting answers.

But I am not thinking about the questions or the Sterlite. What baffles/worries me the most is – how could someone be so ruthless - Shooting a 17 year old girl in the mouth?! Agreed that the police need to be tough and all that but against whom? A child? May be I am so naïve that I don’t understand. There is political pressure and corruption playing, but how come the executioner is so cold-blooded to have shot her in her mouth? Are these so called policemen not among those common people affected by the contamination caused by the industry? Will the poisonous gas skip the people in uniforms? What made them not realize any of this? Money? Pressure from above? Did the shooting order also mention to shoot a teenager in her mouth? Did the girl not remind him of a daughter or sister or even a neighbor? Did he really considered her a threat enough to steel himself and kill her? But why in the mouth? Because she asked questions? And we still call us democratic? More than democracy, I am much worried or even scared about where humanity is heading? It seems like they almost enjoyed the whole act. The thought that someone, a policeman, could be so monstrous and bold enough to commit such atrocious murder is bone chilling. I could not get me out of the question – what did she do? Except asking for cleaner air to breathe!

Raise your voice in TN and you will be shot in the Mouth! And, we call our state an “Amaidhi poonga” (Garden of peace)!

But we are not that cruel everywhere! Killing deer is still banned in our Country and we feel much stronger against eating/killing Cows. It’s just the humans we don’t bother about!

2. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rajeni,
    Your emotional outburst is fully justified. Whatever has happened is totally a brainless and heartless act. That young girl definitely didn't deserve that heart wrenching end.

At the end of the day it is all about money and power. Opposition didn't get a chance to make crores here so they are raising their voices. They are all the same inside. For personal gains they can even sell their own mothers. Shame on them.

shravs3, Rajeni, sindmani and 4 others like this.
  3. sweetsmiley

sweetsmiley Platinum IL'ite

I am also from TN and totally feel you. Feeling really pathetic about the state condition, government, vote for money, political dramas, cauvery issues, sterlite , kathiramangalam, methane gas, NEET problem, law & order condition...

god, save TN...

periamma, Rajeni, stayblessed and 2 others like this.
  4. Tanuinusa

Tanuinusa New IL'ite

Nicely written. Thanks

Rajeni likes this.
  5. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Rajani, being away from TN it doesn’t seem to be the beautiful place I used to live anymore. tReally frustrating to see these events unfold. Heart goes to those victims who didn’t deserve this at all.

Its more like a dictatorship and no democracy no humanity no brains too. As of tonight Internet service has been disabled in Tuticorin Tirunelveli and Kanyakumari. Now who uses landlines and how to reach emergency services as everyone is used to cell phones. What kind of rule is this to disable such service? Shame on the government

A rapist escapes and one who raises voice against basic necessities get shot ... pathetic state of govt

periamma, Rajeni, sweetsmiley and 5 others like this.
  6. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

The problem is people react only when it happens to our own.

The resistance should come the first instance any injustice happens to anyone . People were killed in Kashmir for protesting and most people looked other way and some rejoiced , now it some
    Other place's turn.

Hopefully the protests intensify now to teach the govt of the day which gave orders To shoot .

7. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Funny you are more angry at opposition than Govt who killed people

8. GeetaKashyap

Heh! When we are discussing a serious topic you are trying to nit pick and derail the honest intentions of this thread.

Well, in a democratic set up where all the constitutional laws and all of the government machinery are in place, the ruling party is definitely more powerful and responsible. But an effective opposition is also necessary to check the ruling party from time to time and ensure proper governance. If you learn about the untold stories, you would realise that often most of these politicians are associated beyond the party lines and they have combined business interests elsewhere.

My remark was in response to @Rajeni's statement, The TN news channels are full of this - all oppositions calling the Govt. (of course rightly) inefficient, questioning on whopassed the shooting order, ...,my expression meant all are corrupt and if their (opposition) intentions were honest, they had enough powers to mobilise support for these protesters in a big and organised way, and also to stop the brutal police action. If only a politician headed the protesters, nobody would dare to shoot the protesters. This in no way means I sympathize with the government of TN.

In fact, your statement regarding violence in Kashmir is a wrong comparison. While undeniably some atrocities have taken place against a few innocent local Kashmiris, most protesters have been sponsored by Pakistan. Time and again enough evidence has been presented by our government. Western media has hyped our government's aggression while underplaying the sponsored terrorism part of the issue. I wonder, amongst so many Indians how many really rejoiced the real suffering of our Kashmiri brethren. Definitely I didn't, did you?

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  9. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

I happen to see a video not sure about the genuinity. don’t know what’s happening in Tuticorin

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  10. GeetaKashyap

What does it say, Lakshmi? I guess your link is in Tamil. Can you briefly translate for us?

stayblessed, jskls and Archanaanchan like this.