1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Other Side Of The Coin

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jayasala42, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Novalis, as often, it was challenging for me to comprehend your words and reach a reasonable confidence that the comprehension was as intended. Nonetheless, I'd like to state a few things:

In this thread, a dominating perspective did not diminish the other, take prominence or cause another perspective to fade away. OP's choice of words, argument and comparison caused the discussion to take the tangent the thread did. Belittling one side's suffering is never a good move in a discussion. Sticking to one's guns after the unnecessary belittling is called out is confounding.

"intrepid of you" -- not much. Most if not all of the people who posted in this thread will fully agree that the 'side less talked of' is a real problem. That the abuse of that law happens. It is totally possible to talk about this problem, what causes it, statistics of abuse of this law versus those who benefit from it, how the law can be made more fair to the man's side... all this discussion is possible without claiming that the woman's suffering is less compared to that of the man.

Introducing a 'hot', 'contrary', or 'controversial' sentiment into the discussion or its title to productively 'rile up' participants is an art.

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Would have never noticed the pattern .:facepalm:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

I would say a really good and worthy topic of discussion was waylaid by unnecessary jibes at women of all kinds ...victims of abuse , women working to help other women, policewomen .

4. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

I personally feel this statement is in very bad taste. To me, OPs posts are straight depictions of her thoughts on any issue and she has considerable knowledge and experience of what she wants to convey. She has not also beaten down any responses even if she is not in agreement with it. I enjoy and value her contributions in IL and I'm sure many others too.

5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It was meant as a :hello: to OP from an admirer and wannabe-connoisseur of the said art form.

It is an art and students of that art keep things interesting in discussion when the art is managed artfully.

6. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

joylokhi likes this.
  7. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Jayasala,
    Great article which is informative,analytical and objective.Any law which paves the way for harrassment of either the man or woman is draconian and subject to exploitation.
    By the by a donkey costs anywhere between 80,000t
    o 1 lakh while there are cases of purchases at 3.5 to 5 lakhs.
    Donkeys milk costs around RS.6000 a litre.
    SLN

joylokhi likes this.
  8. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for the valuable sharing.

jayasala 42

9. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

iIt certainly did not strike to me as such, and also the responses to the same, hence my comment. However, thanks for clarifying:blush: