1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Other Side Of The Coin

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jayasala42, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

That is the crux.
    :hello:Though it is a serious discussion yet I wish to add in a lighter vein
    A dhobi with donkey happened to collide on a young couple x & y. y was carrying advanced stage.
    In the confusion ensued, donkey kicked madam y leading to abortion.
    In the same instance x gone wild and killed the donkey.
    We Know law is always ...
    The affected parties in court.
    Judge ordered since carrying was affected for both the parties x should carry for dhobi and... dhobi should carry for ..X.
    thanks and Regards.
    God Bless.

2. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

I was a local champion of women's network in IT& Communication of global MNC.
    Where we meet and discuss various issues of women facing in front.
    Of all women we met the In-Laws manipulation note my work manipulation not physical torture.
    Eg. Pretend to have headache to heartache, money matters I know an incident where a sr.mgr designated lady would run to reach home before 7pm in India Bangalore imagine it's impossible daily. Just because her in-laws 50s will be hungry. In return don't get a smile, always taunting.
    I wanted to go ahead in my career, so worked hard. Once in a week will come late due to late night video conference call, office provided the cab. Once I enter my mil will see the clock and me repeatedly, believe it's huge mental torture.
    Another Friend had to give her ATM card to her in-laws because they managed finance, monthly she would be given only 1000rs , is 1000 RS enough for bus/cab? Many a times my Friend used to borrow from us. She would be crying many days. She wasn't allowed to eat out not even tea/coffee.
    I can write 1000000009999000000000000 incidents where only women are tortured , harassed.
    It's only 20% of false and fradulent cases by women's family. Till today IIM ,IIT, global managers, Doctors, PhDs, high class, low class , middle class, working non working women are suffering. Younger women if voice out are threatened with the word divorce, many women silently suffer fearing society norms.
    One lady openly told me I wish get out of this marriage once my parents are dead, imagine only daughter she is a single child her heart is broken enough to talk about parents death.
    Not MILs are angels not all DILs are devil's.

3. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

One more point till today 99% of girl's parents bear the wedding costs, including photography, honeymoon to silver, gold, home nee from fridge , Acs as dowry. Groom's side relatives come n enjoy the 2-3 day event at the expense of girl's dad's life time savings and earnings. Dowry is shame, though only cash has reduced in Tamil Nadu gold, silver, wedding expenses are borne by bride's side . No one can deny that it's also dowry

4. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Madam for sharing your views.
    Jayasala 42

5. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jayasala,

That was a well written piece where you have smartly presented the other side of a coin. But here I have something to say about some of the sadistic MILs,.

It was in a recent talk show on TV, that I saw the worst ill treatment meted out to a DIL by her sadistic MIL, just because the DIL couldn’t bear a progeny, within 3 years of marriage. She was forcibly taken to various temples, undergo bizarre rituals, things which she endured patiently but when the final knock came down on her when she was asked to drink the raw blood of a battered hen, she was aghast. She ran away from the scene, and from her in laws forever. Though she conceived the very next year, when she narrated this episode, packed with emotions on the show, it was goosebumps for us- the viewers.Educated or not, I find in real life situations, a woman being the worst enemy of a woman!

Agatha83

6. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Brought tears in my eyes.You have narrated about a talk show.
    All the TV serials show the darker side of women in MIL s or DILs or spinsters.They show ladies in poor light, in such a horrible character which you can't imagine.
    Jayasala 42

umaakumar likes this.
  7. Brevity

Brevity Gold IL'ite

Thyagarajan and GeetaKashyap like this.
  8. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

This is the truth!

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. silentlistener

silentlistener Silver IL'ite

Neutral and open mind of you ( I guess you are a Lawyer) is a rare commodity to see now. The following is yet another female Lawyer Ms. Deepika's presentation. After watching the following video, even the most gender biased too, will become an open minded individual. The truth can sometimes be stranger than fiction ...here we go.

Thyagarajan and GeetaKashyap like this.
  10. Brevity

Brevity Gold IL'ite

I don't think anyone is denying misuse of the law. But no one can contest its requirement. To say that having to fight a court case is worse than life long torture is not right. Harassment of women in the name of controlling them and dowry is much more common than women misusing the law. In fact, I feel that most people who are truly harassed are not taking protection under the law since they want the marriage to work some how and once you file a case, the marriage has ended more often than not.

Modifications to the law are possible and are being done giving the groom's side the benefit of doubt, especially when there is no imminent threat to the wife or kids.

Breaking: SC Modifies The Earlier Directions Issued To Prevent Misuse Of 498A IPC, Says No To 'Welfare Committees' [Read Judgment]

Hopefully changes in the legislation will happen to prevent misuse as well.

Thyagarajan, GeetaKashyap and shravs3 like this.