1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Night And The Stars - A Journey Towards The Dark

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by IniyaaSri, Dec 8, 2016.

1. IniyaaSri

IniyaaSri IL Hall of Fame

Episode 5:

“Hello!! Is this Jaanvi?” – the man asked

“Yeah. May I know who is this?” – Jaanvi replied while her mind was processing who could it be.

“Hello! Am calling on behalf of standad job consultancy! We saw your profile in the job site” – he replied.

Jaanu remembered that she registered in a job portal few days back before her college got over.

“Oh is it?!!! Go ahead” – Jaanu said with a style.

Jaanu always had a good Eloquence in English. May be because Chithra made her to study in a renowned school... Or may be because Jaanu's involvement on the Eloquence...

“There is an opening in a company for your qualification.”

“Oh! Let me know the company name” Jaanu made sure that the company is not very far from her house.

“Oh ok. When is the interview?” – Jaanu

“Next Friday! 10 a.m” – the man replied

“Al right! I will be there. Thanks” – Jaanu hung the call.

She kept her phone on table and saw her house.

A nice three bedroom apartment. Separate room for her and her brother. Though her dad dnt earn much, Chitra made sure that her kids live a comfortable life.

Jaanu sat on the bed slowly. Her room door was open. She could see her brother studying sitting on the sofa. A soft smile crawled on her lips seeing him.

“Idiot…I don’t know how he always scores above 95%. That too yesterday he cried because he was 1% less to 95%. Too much….I struggled to pass the subjects and he is struggling to maintain his 95%” she smirked with a a fake anger
    . In another two years, he will be joining college.

Fine….What to do…I will go and attend the interview she thought and turned on her laptop and logged into her Facebook account.

Though Jaanu belonged to the middle class, she has never faced any financial struggle in her life. Neither her brother has faced. Chithra always tried her best to give them a royal life. May be because Chithra was from a royal family and she knew what royalty is. Chithra never imagined her life will turn upside down after her marriage. Marrying a man without proper job, having two kids, struggling every day to give them a satisfied life…Just a satisfied life? Not at all. She always gave them more than they wished. She got pleasure, happiness and satisfaction in doing that.

So Jaanu never faced any of the struggles, since Chithra took all the burden on her. Jaanu dnt even have the compulsion to work though there was no sufficient finance for the family. She just lived her life king size..oops. Queen size and cherished every single moment….moment? To be accurate, every single second…..

Though Jaanu knew chithra’s worries and struggles, she never bothered to pay attention on all those.

She just enjoyed, enjoyed and enjoyed life and made tons and tons of happy memories to cherish and even chithra wanted her to be like that. So just like that she got ready to attend the interview.

She was driving her two wheeler and there was some mild nervousness at the bottom of her heart... She couldnt figure the reason...

"Why am I feeling nervous...."

"What will be there in an interview process..."

"Some four or five people will sit next to each other and interview me at a time?"

"What do I know to get a job?!!"

"A mere Commerce graduate I am.... Not even a first class..."

"How will my College book's knowledge will become useful to the company"?

"In fact I dont even know properly whats there in my college book...."

"Are all this practical?!!"

"May be they will ask me to tally a sum?"

"Or may be a good looking girl will get more preference than me...?"

Jaanu's subconscious mind had very strongly registered that she is not beautiful and everyone will like beautiful girls rather than others.

Jaanu's subsconscious mind was doing the driving and her thoughts were on the interview....

"Jaanu!!! Fear is not in your list" - the subconscious thought popped out...

"Yes!!! I will do it" she said to herself and stopped her vehicle in front of the company.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    Deepu04 and ritz1 like this.
  2. Lata6

Lata6 Gold IL'ite

Nice! In US anyone can get any job if you are smart.. so I am guessing Jaanu will land in a good job. Marketing???

IniyaaSri likes this.
  3. IniyaaSri

Lets wait and watch!!!:tonguewink:
    But once again you proved that you are smart :wink:

4. IniyaaSri

Episode 6:

The watchman showed her the way to the parking lot. She parked her scooty and pressed the lift button. The company was in the fourth floor. Not a very big company. It was just a start up.

“Please sit here” – The receptionist gave her a short smile and showed her a fluffy sofa to sit.

Jaanu sat there. After few minutes, she was called in and she came out in another twenty minutes.

She went to the parking lot and started driving home.

“What happened dear?” – Chithra asked curiously.

“I have attended the interview. It’s a start up. Seems they will call me if they select me. So till then I will enjoy with my friends.” – Jaanu logged into her facebook account.

Chitra left to the kitchen without saying anything.

Jaanu pinged all her college friends for a meet up. Some were ready. Some were out of town. Few already started working and few dnt bother to reply.

Fed up of all these, Jaanu closed her laptop. There were no concrete plan for meet up and it seemed many were not even interested much.

Jaanu felt disappointed and spent her days watching TV. She and Chaaru tried to spend time as much as possible but after few days, even Chaaru got busy with her new job.

Jaanu felt all alone and she was worried about her loneliness. All of a sudden she felt a void in her life. She was not even able to imagine her life without her friends.

But after college everything changes?!! She questioned herself

Her phone rang.

“Hello!” – Jaanu spoke out of interest.

“Oh!!! Ok. Thank you!” – She hung the call.

“Maaa….. Seems I have got selected in that company. Next Monday is my joining” – Janu looked at Chitra who was showing her skill in embroidery.

“That’s good.” – Chitra replied as her eyes were glued to the design she is making on Jaanu's salwar.

“Nice design maa!!” – Janu said wondering how skillful Chithra is.

“Maa. Shall we go for shopping today?!! Will buy dresses. From Monday, I will be an employee” – Jaanu giggled.

“Sure dear. We will go” – Chithra continued her work.

It was night 10 and Chithra and Jaanu reached home after their shopping.

Jaanu was excited about wearing new dresses for next whole month with matching accessories.

She couldn’t sleep with the excitement and she started dreaming about her job.

Chithra’s phone rang “Oh my God!!! When?!!! How did this happen?” – Chithra cried loudly

Jaanu rushed out of her room instantly hearing her mother’s voice.

Deepu04 and ritz1 like this.
  5. cravingforhlove

cravingforhlove Senior IL'ite

Hi iniyaa,
    Happy you are back with story. Just now I saw and read episodes. Nice suspense:confundio1::thinking:

IniyaaSri likes this.
  6. leenam05

leenam05 Platinum IL'ite

Iniya dear............

I was busy last week with family & went for a trek so couldn't log in here.
    Today I just jumped seeing your thread. You are back with a bang. :banana:
    Read all the episodes in one go.Story is going very interesting.

Eager to read further from you. :hearteyes::hearteyes::kissingclosed:

IniyaaSri likes this.
  7. ritz1

ritz1 Bronze IL'ite

With Iniya this section has become active again.:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

IniyaaSri likes this.
  8. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Omg is her dad OK ??
    PS

9. IniyaaSri

Hey thanks! :blush::blush::blush:
    Happy that you are happy :tonguewink:
    Suspense huh....Dont think much....It will be revealed tomorrow morning :smile:
    Thanks for your love :relaxed::relaxed::relaxed:

10. IniyaaSri

Heyyyyy Leeenaaaa dear :cheer:
    Nice to see your comment here!!!
    Hope you enjoyed the trek:grinning:
    Very happy that you read the story:blush::blush::blush:
    Thanks dear!
    :kissingclosed::kissingclosed::kissingclosed: