1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Night And The Stars - A Journey Towards The Dark

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by IniyaaSri, Dec 8, 2016.

1. leenarajaryan

leenarajaryan Silver IL'ite

Finally Charu has called..

IniyaaSri likes this.
  2. IniyaaSri

IniyaaSri IL Hall of Fame

Yeah... Lets guess who has kidnapped her...

3. IniyaaSri

Posting one more episode for today!

Episode 23:

Jaanu repeated the same question again and again. But there was no response and the line was cut immediately.

Jaanu kept her phone on table and sat down keeping both her hands on her head.

“Cant believe Chaaru has called me…She is alive atleast. Am happy about it….” She said to others and everyone were relieved that she is alive but couldn’t figure out where she is or in what condition she is.

Jaanu thought of informing Chaaru’s parents about this. Once office was over, she took her two wheeler and went to Chaaru’s house straight away. It was locked and seemed they were not at home for the past few days.

She checked with their neighbors and they said that they have gone to temple few hours back. Jaanu waited for sometime and decides to meet them later.

She dnt have their number and she started driving home. It has become dark already and she felt someone was following her in another two wheeler.

Jaanu tried to look through her mirror but she couldn’t figure out who was driving the vehicle. The number plate was tactically hidden with flower garlands. Jaanu managed to reach home and the two wheeler followed her till home and went away seeing her climbing the stairs to home.

Jaanu was gasping heavily but pretended to look normal once her mom opened the main door. She doesn’t want her mom to get into any sort of tension.

Next day in office.

The whole office was decorated with flowers, colourful rangoli near the reception, everyone were busy in decorating their desks. Men wore kurthas, dhotis, silk shirts…and most of the Women wore sarees. Everyone were in a decorative mood. Many have brough home mades sweets and savouries to share with the others.

Rathna Sandhya and Lekha were walking from the railway station. As she said, Rathna was wearing a plain orange chiffon saree. Her raw silk blouse was a perfect suit. Big metallic jhumkas showed her style, her hair was loosely pinned on both the sides.

Sandhya was looking pretty in her green cotton saree. She wore a tiny green dotted earing and a thin gold chain around her neck. Her round beautiful wrist were adorned with simple green glass bangles. Her hair was tied into a short ponytail.

Lekha’s beauty was enhanced by the purple coloured saree. She clipped her hair at the crown and left the remaining as such. There were a couple of new thin bangles around her wrist and an usual wrist watch. She was simple and beautiful.

All three reached office and were searching for Jaanu. Everyone were shocked to see her as she was wearing a party wear Salwar.

“Hey!!!” – Rathna exclaimed

“You told you will be wearing saree?!” – Sandhya continued

Lekha quietly kept her handbag near her monitor.

“Told na….My mom won’t allow me.” – Jaanu said apologetically

The other three left it as such out of decency. Though all four roamed together and had fun together, there was always a very thin line which gave them some space. And that space knitted a very beautiful friendship.

The day went well. Everyone clicked pictures, enjoyed well and had fun.

Few days later, it was. All four were sitting in the food court and chatting.

“Nice work on your kurthi” – Rathna said seeing Jaanu’s dress

“Thanks! My mom did this” – Jaanu smiled

“Wow! Really?” – Sandhya touched it

“Your mom is talented” – Lekha said calmly

“So is she Lekha” – Jaanu smiled

After sometime, Jaanu started “Actually….I had been operated” in a low voice.

All three became quiet and Sandhya slowly asked “What for..”

"I was 8 years old. I met with an accident and because of that my lung had to get operated."

“In 8 years?” – Rathna’s question showed pity.

“yeah. I dnt even know what was happening to me. It was a 7 hour surgery” – Jaanu added

“What?!!! 7 hours surgery to a small girl?” – Lekha was slightly shocked

“Yeah… Doctor had no hopes when he started the operation. But today…am sitting and talking with you girls” – Jaanu said as she leaned on her chair

“your mom would have got terrified right?” – Sandhya

“hmmmm yeah” – Jaanu replied softly

“And because of that surgery, I have a very big scar on the back. Below my neck. My mom doesn’t want anyone else to know that I have been operated. So she never allows me to wear saree. If I wear saree, the blouse necks will reveal my big deep scar on my back. That’s the reason she refrains. And high neck blouses look horrible on me. So I stopped wearing sarees."

"After that surgery, she never took me to doctor. Every doctor felt something is peculiar inside my lungs whenever they kept their stethoscope against my chest.”

"And because of the surgery, I should never panic or gasp heavily. My lungs will get strained and it might even end up fatal. No one knows about all these. Only Chaaru knows. Now you girls." - Jaanu ended.

The other three were quiet. No one expected such a reason behind she not wearing a saree. They did not know what to talk. All kept listening to Jaanu’s talks.

“Sorry Jaanu! Without knowing anything, we were forcing you to wear saree” – Rathna started

“Yeah….” – Sandhya said softly

“Hey no problem guys! How you will know. Just now I revealed” – Jaanu smiled.

All dispersed to their desks and Rathna kept thinking there are many stories behind many people. In fact everyone has their own story. But without knowing anything, just like that we are judging others…After all…we are mere humans she thought.

The girls met again for the evening break and Sandhya started

“Now a days wherever I see Chaaru’s name, I feel like it is Jaanu’s friend. I saw “Chaaru calling” in Ram’s mobile and I even asked him directly.” – Sandhya laughed slightly

“Oh….” – Jaanu

“Hey yeah….Even I did the same. Whenever I talk with Khaveer, he reacted differently whenever he heard the name “Chaaru”. I asked him and he said nothing. I think really there is nothing with him and its me who is getting confused. Ofcourse there are many many Chaarus in India” – Rathna sounded casually.

“Oh…” – Jaanu said softly

“May be Ram or Khaveer is linked with Chaaru’s kidnap?”

“But how can I ask these girls directly about their guys….” Jaanu kept quiet.

Jaanu dnt know that the person who Kidnapped Chaaru is not an unknown person but the one who has been trusted deeply.

After 6, everyone started home. And the three girls were talking only about Jaanu on their way to the railway station. Everyone pitied her.

They boarded their trains and reached home.

Sandhya was telling about Jaanu to her brother and mom. Both were feeling bad for her.

After dinner, Sandhya happily started watching her favourite TV shows with her small cute family.

Her phone blinked with a message and Sandhya took as her eyes were glued to that reality show on TV

When she touched the message, her eyes stood still seeing that message.

“I love you Sandhya. I have always loved you. No matter whom you love"

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  4. IniyaaSri

WISHING ALL THE READERS A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR 2017
    May this year be the happiest one for everyone reading this :blush::blush::blush:
    Happy Happy Happy 2017:grinning:
    :partyhat::cheer::thumbup::thumbsup::blush::blush::blush:

sindmani, Lata6, meepre and 1 other person like this.
  5. meepre

meepre Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the double treat :), wonderful work. Mystery gets darker each day. Are both Ram and Kaveer involved?? Is the trusted person Chaaru's lover??? How did Chaaru call, did she herself planned this kidnap?? So many questions popping inside the head:icon_writing::BangHead::smash2:, please have mercy and give some clues Iniyaa...

Very truly said, without knowing what a person goes through we easily judge them. That is how we have become now. How bad it is. This attitude should change, only then there will be friendly environment like olden days caring for others and sharing.

IniyaaSri likes this.
  6. IniyaaSri

Thanks a lot for this wonderful feedback dear :blush::blush::blush:
    Made me very happy and energetic:blush:
    Wonderful guesses by the way....
    You just showed a new dimension
    . Awesome!!!
    I have tons and tons of mercy dear:tonguewink::tonguewink::tonguewink: Will show soon....
    Am really delighted to see the way you have guessed:clap2::clap2::clap2:
    Yeah... we humans should think of others as well:blush:

7. IniyaaSri

Episode 24:

Sandhya’s hands started shivering mildly. Her face started sweating.

“What happened?” – her brother asked as he watched the TV

“What?! Nothing happened” – she sounded casual

She deleted the message and left it as such without replying anything.

She thought about Zaheer. How dare is he… Inspite of me saying that am already in relationship with another guy, he has proposed me.

I don’t know what to tell. And I don’t know how to react.

How will I face him tomorrow? Won’t he feel embarrassed to see my face?

How come guys can be like this…Such an indecent behaviour….

What if he keeps nagging me on this… Should I tell Ram?

I thought everything is over as I openly told him I am committed to Ram.

“God! Save me….”
    – Sandhya murmured to herself.

Next day, Sandhya depicted everything and Rathna and Lekha were shocked about Zaheer’s behavior.

“He was always quiet and calm! He is like this?” – Rathna expressed her shock.

“Yeah…Even I never thought he will behave this way” – Lekha added

“How scared I was you know…What if he creates some problem….My mom will kill me” – Sandhya sounded worried

“Nothing will happen Sandhya” – Rathna comforted her

Jaanu was listening to everything but her mind was wandering around "Who kidnapped Chaaru?". Her subconscious mind was warning her that the person is not a stranger. She did not have any solid reason to doubt on anyone.

Parallerly Sandhya was looking tensed because of Zaheer's proposal.

"Cheeru up Sandhya. You will get this tensed? Silly girl..." - Rathna teased her.

"Idiot...You will know if you come under such situation" - Sandhya

"Hmmmm yeah....The other day when I was alone at home during a power cut, I got tensed.... That too when I saw the shadow of two men standing outside, I was trembling with fear" - Rathna ended

"Hmmmmm" - Lekha was quiet

"Yeah....Everyone will come across such situations. Have you seen Lekha's face? whenever that guy and girl stares at us? Lekha will be in full panic." - Sandhya said in a teasing way.

Jaanu was physically present. Her brain analysed whatever she heard.

"Khaveer reacted in a different way when he heard about Chaaru"

"Chaaru called in Ram's mobile. But it can really be some other Chaaru"

"And Someone staring at Lekha...."

"Moreover someone followed me the other day...."

"May be any one from these incidents is the Kidnapper?"

"But how did Chaaru call.....? Also her voice was filled with fear and panic..."

Jaanu was thinking all possible reactions.

She took her mobile and dialed Chaaru's guy Mano's number.

It was switched off and there was no response from him for the whole day.

Jaanu considered it as a usual power issue in mobile and left. She decides to call him the next day.

The day was over and all started home. The three girls as usual started walking towards railway station. And Jaanu drove to home.

As Sandhya adjusted her hair pin, she whispered “ Lekha! See there! That same guy! And that girl with him! They are staring at us again”

Rathna at once looked at them and Lekha was getting anxious.

The girl walked towards them slowly and said “Excuse me! I need to talk to you!”. Her eyes were glued on Lekha.

Lekha hided her tension and said calmly “What you have got ? tell me”

“hmmmm..... can you please come alone?” – the girl hesitated

“You can tell as such” – Sandhya interrupted

“Please” – the girl compelled.

Lekha went along with that girl and stood few steps ahead. Sandhya and Rathna were standing watching at them without knowing what to do.

After 5 minutes, Lekha came back with a neutral face.

“What happened Lekha” – Sandhya asked curiously

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    Deepu04, ritz1, Madhumurali and 2 others like this.
  8. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Happy New year Iniyaa. Nice going, cant guess who could have kidnapped Charu. Nicely you have framed the story with so many characters that we do not know whom to suspect. Why did not Jaanu use the number from which she got the call from Chaaru to trace her, Why did she leave the matter as such because thats the only clue she has got till now.

Cant wait for the upcoming episodes.

IniyaaSri likes this.
  9. IniyaaSri

Thanks and wishing you the same :blush::blush::blush:

Thank you so much for taking time and writing up this feedback! :blush:
    I feel motivated seeing your words!
    And to answer your questions, I thought I would leave it to the readers to understand that Jaanu would have called back but the connection failed.

And why she couldn't do anything on that was I thought of giving a view of an office going girl who comes from a normal middle class background. So... Jaanu tries to inform Jaanu's parents immediately but neither she could meet them in person and nor she could reveal the information to anyone else since people might write their own stories on Chaaru.
    Moreover she has to balance both her office and Chaaru's missing. So I felt this is what she can do at once.
    Anyway she keeps analyzing everything and tries to figure out what happened to Chaaru.

Trying my best to write further episodes to show the way towards Chaaru.

Once again thank you so much for your feedback. Would be happy if you do the same for future episodes as well.

10. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Iniyaa..story is going great dear. You really know went to end the chapter and keep the readers guessing...:)

IniyaaSri likes this.