1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Namesakes

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Dec 24, 2016.

1. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

See I told you mythology has shades . Iam not very learned to comment on that . History has shades too . I have seen names as duryodhan in college and the comments that guys has to go through he only knows . I recently saw a serial in epic where everyone view point was explained and scrutinized post Mahabharatha. I was much impressed bhi with Duryohdan views and his justification of action but Sometimes in order to libralise ourself we don't know where to draw line . I also actually don't know .

Balajee wishing you lot of cash flow and myself sky rocketing success in future ( obviously without the short life span condition ) . Let's agree to disagree .
    Tata!

2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Everything has shades, Nothing can be reduced to black and white. Scratch even something that is seemingly white and you will find a patch of grey.

3. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Agreed.
    Last try coming back to where we started . What positive can be associated with just this word Taimur? Except it's their life their choice . It's pitch black can't find any grey .

Balajee likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Balajee,

Congratulations on your snippet being nominated to the finest of the month of December 2016. "What is in a name?" would have been an ideal title to your snippet. I truly enjoy reading your snippets which generally communicates a great message along with humor.

My parents named me to mean, "A person who possess wealth" but most of my life I barely had enough money to exist leave alone possessing wealth. Born in a middle class family, education is considered as means to climb to glory and it took a long time for me to climb up the ladder to reach a decent position at work. Even now, I don't have excessive wealth but have decent income stream to educate my son and retire peacefully back in India. We have named our son to mean, "Abode of peace" and those who have seen him when he was young would know that the parents named him such to enjoy peace at least in his name. He was hyperactive and both parents were always keeping an eye on him so that he didn't hurt himself. Now at the age of 28 also, he is ready to explore a lot of different things but his hyperactive tendency is channeled to very creative work.

One of my friends named his son as "Abhimanyu" to have his name first in the class register. When he grew up, he was fascinated by motorbikes and started riding them at a high speed in most difficult traffic in Chennai. I always felt he was entering Viyugam that he understood how to enter but didn't know how to get out of it. Another friend of mine named his son as "Karuna" to mean "Compassion" but later changed it after seeing a politician with that name tied with "funds".

Viswa

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

If the baby were a regular baby born to regular people, the parents could very well name their baby what they want. But, when, they are celebrities who make a living when the aam janta pays to watch their movies, whose baby's arrival and name and pictures were eagerly awaited by many, and who will perhaps go on to have a parent-facilitated film debut in 20 years ... the parents would do well to keep in mind the sensitivities of the aam janta.

MNR likes this.
  6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

7. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Rihana just because the parents are in limelight it doesn't mean the child should be too. Besides Timur Saif has kids from his previous marriage and no one has seen their photographs even. So Taimur may not necessarily be in limelight or become a star. I think the l'affaire Timur is much ado about nothing.

8. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Viswa you are lot better off than lot of other Sridharans I know.And you have planned your life well unlike them. Abode of Peace is rather an ironical name for a hyperactive kid. Good that I named my daughter Amrita and not Shanti. She is even in her early twenties extremely hyperactive. All Speed maniac Abhimanyus should know what happened to the original one inside the Chakravyuha.

9. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

In Srirangam Girls' high School where I studied , a class mate of mine had a long name'Jaya kanaka baalakokila ranjitha charana rajalakshmi'running to 3 lines in the attendance register.But she was addressed as'echchi'in her house.
    In 1973 the name of the Tamil year was Ananda and many boys were named Anand.
    Many parents have the special desire to have their son's name as the first name in attendance register.
    Since according to alphabets Abhijit and Abhimanyu would come before Anand,
    Anands and Adityas had their names as Aanand and Aaditya while Abhijit and Abhimanyu
    could not have double AA to their names.What a main is this !
    There have been conflicts and fights reg names resulting even in divorce!
    Jayasala 42

Balajee likes this.
  10. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

I never heard if any taimur till now until the right wing nuts trolled on Internet . It is frankly none of their business , they must be more upset about Karishma marrying saif and naming their baby with a Muslim name...

We should not pay attention to these and the couple should decide what suit them best

shobhamma likes this.