1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Mystical Diamond - The Tanjore Empire Series - Chapter 5

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by sureshmiyer, Nov 2, 2018.

1. sureshmiyer

sureshmiyer Silver IL'ite

Continued from The Mystical Diamond - The Tanjore Empire Series - Chapter 4

CHAPTER 5​

Krishnan Raman was engaged in the early morning drill of his soldiers. He did not want to rake up the issue of invading Sinhala kingdom anymore. His army was taken aback by the sudden presence of the Royal Cavalcade of Emperor Mutharaiyar and Queen Kundavai.

Kundavai got down first and proceeded straight to the soldiers to enquire about their well-being and families.

Mutharaiyar proceeded towards Krishnan Raman.

Both of them hugged warmly.

"It's a great pleasure to see you here along with the Queen. The soldiers will be feeling happy and motivated." exclaimed Krishnan Raman

Mutharaiyar smiled.

"It's been a long while since I've taken to the field. I thought about your idea of invading the Sinhala kingdom yesterday night. We should go ahead. I will lead the war."

He said as he took Krishnan Raman to discuss more about it in the War Room.

Krishnan Raman pleaded with the Emperor not to assert himself as the conquest across the sea is bound to be tricky.

After a series of arguments, Mutharaiyar got up and said," Do you think I have become weak. Remember our childhood days when we used to compete with each other during our training. Wrestling was our preferred sport. There was no convincing winner till the end."

Krishnan Raman smiled as he too relived the younger days he spent with Mutharaiyar.

Mutharaiyar continued," It’s not yet over. I challenge you for a wrestling match. "

Krishnan Raman was hesitant.

“Those were our playful days. Now you are my Emperor. You can lead the war as you wish. I do not have the credentials to even talk with you. I abide by any of your orders. "

Krishnan Raman bent down.

“Tell me about the secrets of the Diamond then my dear friend.", ordered Mutharaiyar.

Krishnan Raman told him about the experiences of Emperor Elangovathiarayan during his visit to Mount Kailas

Mutharaiyar and the divine gift he got from a Maharishi and the secrets behind its powers.

He also cautioned that it shall not be revealed to anyone unless it is in the interest of the people.

Krishnan Raman handed over the diamond to the Emperor.

Queen Kundavai sneaked in.

"What's going on between you two? I may also join."

Emperor Mutharaiyar smiled and embraced her warmly.

"Look, your brother and the Commander in Chief of the Tanjore Empire has brought for you this special gift as he showed the Diamond."

Queen Kundavai was happy to see the gift.

"Let it be placed at the center of our Palace and add to the glitter."

"So be it my Queen" exclaimed Mutharaiyar.

Mutharaiyar went ahead with the preparations for the invasion of the Sinhala kingdom. The lone voice of dissent was only from the Queen.

Mutharaiyar summoned all the kings from the South. They pledged to give their soldiers for this battle. The Emperor planned to use these soldiers in the frontline to ensure minimum casualties to his men.

He sent his informers across the sea to the kingdoms in the South East of Asia and sought their backing. The preparation went for over six months. The kingdoms from South East of Asia also sent their ships and naval Expertise. Krishnan Raman watched with awe at the expertise and skill of the Emperor. He could not have certainly made such preparations and felt that Mutharaiyar was right in leading the Army. He also felt that he needlessly ended over an argument over the Mystical Diamond. It was after all given to him by Emperor Elangovathiarayan to whom his family will ever remain indebted for life. Mutharaiyar was after all the Emperor and revealing about the Mystical Diamond to him was in public interest only. Krishnan Raman felt that he was being needlessly egoistic. He wholeheartedly participated in the War process. They waited for an opportune time to attack the Sinhala kingdom.

In the meanwhile the Sinhala King Vikrama Raja Sinha was watching these developments. His informers were apprising him about the provocation by the Tanjore Empire. He sent feelers from his kingdom for peace pact. The soldiers deployed by Emperor Mutharaiyar needlessly fired at them. This incident was enough to trigger a war. Emperor Mutharaiyar's naval fleet rolled into the sea and their mighty Army surrounded the Sinhala kingdom in no time. Mutharaiyar himself led the attack and went right upto the Palace where the King Vikrama Raja Sinha was directing his forces to defend his territory. A fierce battle ensued between Vikrama Raja Sinha and Mutharaiyar. Just as Mutharaiyar was gaining the upper hand and marched towards the King, the princess came in between sword in hand and fought back ferociously. She was Valli Mayil the only daughter of Vikrama Raja Sinha. Emperor Mutharaiyar was struck by her bewitching eyes. She was so beautiful. He could not counter her attacks. His eyes were filled with love and lust. Krishnan Raman jumped in and thwarted the attacks and got her and the King imprisoned.

Emperor Mutharaiyar could not get over those beautiful eyes of Valli Mayil. He desired to marry her. Her beauty combined with an aggressive instinct bowled him over.

Despite Krishnan Raman disagreeing with him he went ahead with a marriage proposal to King Vikrama Raja Sinha who was kept in captivity along with his daughter.

Valli Mayil intervened and agreed to marry Mutharaiyar only on two conditions else she was ready to give her life fighting him.

"1. Emperor Mutharaiyar would hand over the reins back to her father and compensate for the damages.

2. He shall not attack any kingdom as long as she will be the Queen. He will use his Army only for defence."

Mutharaiyar was so madly in love with her. He agreed to all her conditions. King Vikrama Raja Sinha arranged for a quick wedding of his daughter with all the grandeur of the Sinhala kingdom.

The sudden turn of events was a huge setback for Krishnan Raman.

On one hand he had to guard against any deceit by the Sinhala kingdom

On the other hand he was worried about going back to the Empire.

How was he going to face Queen Kundavai who looked at him like her brother?

To be continued
    The above story is purely a work of fiction and any resemblances to characters are purely coincidential

Earlier chapters
    The Tanjore Empire - Series - Chapter 2
    The Mystical Diamond - [the Tanjore Empire - Series] - Chapter 3
    The Mystical Diamond - The Tanjore Empire Series - Chapter 4

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    peddadas likes this.

2. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

OMG...this would definitely bring lot of issues to the kingdom...will wait and watch!

3. sureshmiyer

thanks peddadas.

4. sureshmiyer