1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Mute Anklet - Radhika Nathan

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by tenkanidiyoor, Apr 20, 2015.

1. tenkanidiyoor

tenkanidiyoor Silver IL'ite

Author Ms. Nathan narrates a hearth touch story of a princess born to an English father and a native mother during the times of Mysore - British war. She is compelled by the Maharaja of Mysore (her maternal uncle), to marry a British captain. Though her physical appearances gave her a “British” look, but her heart, her conscious is completely “Tamil” due to her birth and her up bringing.
    The story roams around the feelings of a brave, soft, sensitive women who travels from Mysore state to England along with her husband. The author has given due importance to the expressions of the 23 year old princess who eventually loves in love with her husband.
    The suspense item in this story is an anklet which keeps on appearing now and then and is a threat to the safety of the princess.
    I would like to rate 3 stars to the narration of a being simple, woman centric.
    I was so much captivated by this story that at the end of the novel I was left wondering if I had watched a movie.:)
    I appreciate the authors effort in describing the dilemma of the princess in between eastern and western cultures.
    A good read!!

2. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for sharing the review with us. It seems an interesting read.

1 person likes this.
  3. jingi92

jingi92 Gold IL'ite

seems interesting ... wl add to my to-read list

1 person likes this.