1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The MIL's perspective on DIL - MIL conflicts: Why no woman starts a thread on it ?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by darmesh, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

Re: The MIL's perspective on DIL - MIL conflicts: Why no woman starts a thread on it

just curious- How does the power equation change? Are you talking about the MIL who is bedridden. What is expected of the DIL who is in her late forties?

2. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  3. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Re: The MIL's perspective on DIL - MIL conflicts: Why no woman starts a thread on it

I have removed a few posts that made troll calls because because it is against il policy to make troll calls in the forum.

If you think op is a troll who is just having a gala time seeing us clash with one another or if you think op is from MIL-ville as some of you claim, please do not reply to his/her post.

By her / his own admission, op seems to have arrived here with an innocent newbie question but with a hidden agenda. I am not sure if she(op) managed to convince us that dils are more tyrannical than mils. But she has definitely convinced at least one senior excellent member to never post here. That is a loss to our community.

The discussion seems to be going in circles with members getting more and more agitated / annoyed and op seems to be pretty amused by this.

Op seems to be convinced that this thread has achieved something. We had 4 - 5 senior members who are mils showing up here telling us how they prepared themselves for their DIL. These people are extremely nice people and we have known them for years. This does not mean that every mil is like these 4 seniors. Then we should be more convinced that mils are more tyrannical considering that we have a huge number of posts made by dils.

Perhaps it is time we learnt not to get too excited anytime someone posts about the mil-DIL clash.

Did you want me to delete this post quoted above?

6 people like this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Anita,

Yes, please delete that post. I thought of questioning some claims made by the OP and then just decided it was a waste of effort.

5. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Anita, what is the hidden agenda here, I am failing to understand.

IMO, the OP (whoever (s)he originally is) has asked a fair question which is generating a lot of discussion, responses... which I believe is one of the purposes of this forum, unless I am understanding the purpose completely wrong. I haven't seen the OP be disrespectful to anyone in any of his posts.

It seems like someone who posts anything that is opposed to the POV of the majority here is entitled to be called a troll, a substance abusing one at that!

I apologize for this post does not add any value to the said discussion, but just wanted to point this out. I am seeing this happen way too often in a lot of threads... ganging up against someone whose POV doesn't agree with the majority.

To stick to the topic, OP, I for one believe that it all has to do with the basic nature of a person. Some who is inherently selfish in nature will be so in whatever role they are assigned in their lives - as MILs or as DILs. I think a lot of these issues would be solved if the wife/MIL were secure in their own roles, understanding that neither of them are replacements for the other. It is all well that post wedding, the man's priority is the wife and that ILs should let go and not expect to be taken care of and all that, but I guess within our cultural milieu, that is not possible (at least not in the immediate future). I think it is fair to place the onus on the man in this case to be the one that has to bring about the balance between the existing relationship (with his mom) and the new relationship (with the wife).

7 people like this.
  6. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

I intentionally did not do anything directly or indirectly which sounds 'unethical' and 'disrespectful' to members.

However as, the Moderator herself, declares so, it must be true, that the content of my posts must have appeared 'unethical' and 'disrespectful'

I am sorry for that. I specifically apologise to the particular senior excellent member, who according to Anitap, will never post here.

I apologise to Anitap also in public for the inconvenience I caused to you.

Anitap and that senior member (?Satchitananda) and possible other members too, who found my writings disrespectful and unethical, please accept my unconditional and sincere apologies.

Any of my posts which sounded so offensive may please be removed.

I have failed in the purpose of this thread, if the above is the impression (that I am pretty amused by making people clash and people getting agitated) I have created.

please tell me one thing :

Why all the fuss about who I am really ?

First some members said, I am a past member, 'IG'. Then, some one (I think , it is you) said, no it is not IG. His views were different.

Then one more member said, I am not 'IG' but another '_ G'. For having identified this '_G' she claimed a prize also. Who this '_G' I don't know.

At least one member Ansuya was kind enough to tell in detail why people suspect me to be an old member.( My English is similar to that some one).

At one place, Anitap, you guaranteed that I am not a new member. Yes, Anitap, you are right. I am a very old member, was very active in IL, during the days, there were two sections, 'Me and My Spouse' and 'Married Life' in the Relationship Forum.

In those days, we used to send a fee cheque to a Chennai address, once in a year to get 'Private Message User' status.

Then, I was inactive for about two years. Then, I lost my username's email id and its password and IL password also.

But now, you (the Moderator) think, I am actually a woman, an old woman, a MIL, pretending to be male.

I have nothing to say except one : How does it matter who I am ? What I talk carries sense or not, that should matter more, I think.

Last, I am clueless about members' comments, like "jalebi pop-up" and "galab jamun pop up". This one thing, really amused me. At least tell me, What do they mean ?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  7. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Last few days ,we were getting annoying pop ups every few minutes.

8. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

You could go back a few pages and find one of op's posts.

I haven't seen this happen here. In fact our shrewd members have been fairly accurate in sniffing out trolls. (Not that i am saying that they were accurate or inaccurate in op's case). We can agree to disagree here.

Sorry. I don't see that happening here in this thread. Members were quite civil to op especially when compared to similar threads in the past. I appreciate them for this.

We agree on something

Why would that be?

Op, are you listening. This is what other members have been trying to tell you.

An op coming to this forum and posting that dils are more tyrannical than our Indian mils and who also claims that mils are being silenced in this forum is flaming / instigating the members.

when members think that op is a troll and make a troll call, as a mod, I have to tell them to either report it or not take the bait and feed the troll if they are convinced that op is a troll. As a moderator, I think I have done my job in a fair way. If you think otherwise, you may report me. No problem.

yes of course.

But then why is it considered an undesirable thing and a huge issue when dils vent / rant in our forum? Don't forums exist for that purpose... To discuss and try to find solutions? When a dil is told that posting here is undesirable, many of us see it as an attempt to silence the victim.

2 people like this.
  9. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

Respected Madam,

Please accept my humble and sincere apologies.

I will be thankful, if you can tell me, which words of me offended you so deeply.

10. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

I am sorry Anitap. I have already conveyed my apologies above.

You are a sincere and dedicated Moderator, spending so much of your time and energy here. The credit of the success of this website lies in one simple thing : that is people feel they are listened to. People feel, what they write is being read upon. This unique feeling is the reason behind the phenomenal success of this website.

And, the Moderators are the pillars behind this success. You are a sincere and dedicated Moderator.

Those were the years, when a person like me, who loves writing, used to send the writings to journals. There will no feedback as to whether any one received it or not, leave alone getting a sense of some one having read it.

With the advent of IL, the writing passion within me and a lot others like me is getting good nourishment and fulfilment, because , here in this website, we get a feeling that what we write is being read. "Being read and responded to" is the pleasure of writing.

You probably do not know, what noble purpose, you Moderators are doing in furthering the above. Without a Moderator like you, the dream of a person who loves writing, like me, will never be cherished.

You have no idea, how much I respect you.

If I have offended you so deeply, by my posts in this thread, then, all I can say is only one thing.

I am sorry. And, I request you to close this thread, immediately, here and now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.