The Man Cold - Why Are Men Such Sissies?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Rihana, Dec 27, 2018.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

:roflmao: QED. "Mard bahadur hote hain". Not me speaking. This is Zakir Khan - stand up comic - who dictated this to me as I started posting my feedback! :D Talk of synchronicity. So 'bahadur' that they can drive women up the wall and as evidenced by your friend's message also bring out the 'worst' in them.

A certain relative recently had his cataract removed - after months of being scared of getting it done. Friends, relatives and other animals had to be called in to counsel him. As it happened, his bum chum from the US was visiting at that time and offered to be on the site of action with him. Finally he agreed. Said man's wife jumped at the opportunity and got the surgery done before friend could leave for the US. This relative is the kind who loves moping around with sad face whenever he thinks the skies are going to come down or some other tragedy is about to strike. Full on drama. I sometimes wonder how his wife is still around, alive AND relatively sane!!!

Rihana and nandinimithun like this.
  2. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

3. Brevity

Brevity Gold IL'ite

I may be an exception here. When I feel sick I let everyone know it and I take rest. I usually don't take much medicines unless it gets really extreme. My husband and I have really flexible schedules. So I expect him to step in to take charge of the kitchen. I don't expect pampering other than simple food and letting me rest till I feel ok. This is not a rare event as well. I get colds almost once every 2-3 months.

On the contrary, my husband takes a paracetamol at the slightest sign of trouble and continues with his day as normal. Rarely he lies down in the mornings even when sick. In our 17 years of marriage he must have been "lie down in the morning sick" twice or thrice max.

I guess I am the one with man sickness in our family :relaxed:.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    Lalithambigai and Rihana like this.
  4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

And then they say, why are you so cranky and weird on those 5 days :BangHead:

Coincidentally today my DH was depressed worrying about the weather outside even after coming home. Even after 3 hours he is telling it’s too cold and bad weather. I’m like why worry about it now when you are warm inside!

Anusha2917 likes this.
  5. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Lol. . My husband exactly . He put on sweater, gloves, monkey cap,socks and slept under his rug for this 12.5 degrees...:BangHead: I told him listen you are gonna feel hot ,don't do that. After an hour I saw the gloves, sweater and socks flying in the air. He threw all of them on the floor and complained that it's itching.. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

shravs3 likes this.
  6. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Haha tat happens always :grinning:

Anusha2917 likes this.
  7. Ammu2886

Ammu2886 Gold IL'ite

Hahaha....interesting thread!!

Mine,keeps checking temperature with thermometer..and alwaysss the temperature is normal...
    Says oh I am not well!I am not well....I think I need to go for a blood check!!!
    Keep googling about the symptoms of malaria and dengue online....
    When I say it is normal he says you don't care for me you dont bother about me