1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Lonely Cuckoo Bird

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by venlax, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:I am delighted with your concluding with the quote and bit surprised that it is not your profile quote line. As I read the concluding part of your above quoted response, I thought of my habit to associate the sound of cuckoos in pre-dawn to Lord Narayan; the moment I hear the cuckoos repeated calling, the moment bathroom light is switched on in vee hours the association Lord is inescapable; and lo you are mentioning of Andal and Thiruppavai. Wonderful indeed.:astonished:
    God Bless us All.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  2. Thyagarajan

:hello:It is said Aristotle was worried about mankind when upcoming Socrates said the opposite of what Copernicus said but the world from there to now is spinning on its axis and revolving around the sun while humans discovering more and more stars and planets and even landing on Moon or sending rickshaws to land on other stars. hay presto! Many of the modern gadgets were thought as cartoon and from there some one indefatigably worked and many such concoctions turned to be convenience devices.:openmouth: thank you.
    God bless us all.

3. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Sometimes i feel everything that mankind has invented in the name of comfort and luxury is leading to more of health issues and making people lazy....

Simple things like taking stairs, walking up to a nearbg shop, everything seems like a task to most of them....

I guess when a person is simple at heart and thoughts, is contented and doesnt get addicted to any of the gadgets, life is at peace....

Everything is beautiful when used properly and for a certain time, like they say, anything of too much is too bad....

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. nandinimithun

Sometimes i feel everything that mankind has invented in the name of comfort and luxury is leading to more of health issues and making people lazy....

Simple things like taking stairs, walking up to a nearbg shop, everything seems like a task to most of them....

I guess when a person is simple at heart and thoughts, is contented and doesnt get addicted to any of the gadgets, life is at peace....

Everything is beautiful when used properly and for a certain time, like they say, anything of too much is too bad....

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

well said and deep erudition. I wish I had made that text! thank You.

6. nandinimithun

Thank you so much.... I keep testing myself by going off the social media for somedays or months... taking stairs, these things i do not to please anyone, but myself

I know its crazy

7. venlax

venlax Silver IL'ite

Hi Nandini & Thyagarajan,
    The entire universe is masterminded by the Almighty. So it is quite natural that any beauty reminds us of Him.
    In most of the Satsangams ,the modern gadgets are prohibited. In our retreats , we can't use cell , read newspapers, no gossiping but to talk about The Guru, God & other divine things only when we are free, of course no TV in the retreat center etc. Really a very blissful atmosphere is felt during those days.
    At the same time we can't totally ignore the modern amenities. In the morning hours can u think of grinding in (stone made) Ammi & Attukkal. Even a home maker can think of these things only in the leisure times if they are interested in health. They have bestowed with so many burdens just because they are at home. We can see that people are reluctant to walk even to nearby stores.I don't know is there a system thereby water & food will drop in their mouth when required so that no need to use hands even for that.Whoever it may be & whatever conditions we live , the control or management of what to use or what not to use lies in our hands.Slowly many people are awakening to certain facts.Let us all pray that God & nature help us to change or spare us from diseases.
    " The woods are lovely, dark & deep but i have promises to keep & miles to go before i sleep"

nandinimithun and Thyagarajan like this.
  8. Thyagarajan

:hello:I wholeheartedly endorse your view point. thanks and Regards.