1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Lonely Cuckoo Bird

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by venlax, Aug 25, 2017.

1. venlax

venlax Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    I hope most of u might have heard the sound of the cuckoo bird.I can't understand the mystery of the same. During daytime it will give the heart rendering "Cuckoo" sound nearly 15 to 20 times. There will not be any response from its mate . It will be going on making this sound at regular intervals. But in the early morning hours the sound will be different. It is a kind of Cacophony sound.I think the same Cuckoo bird makes this sound.Can anyone explain ?
    " The woods are lovely ,dark & deep but i have promises to keep & miles to go before i sleep"

Jeeves, Rihana, periamma and 3 others like this.

2. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Dear OP,

I do not have an answer to your specific question. But I just stopped by to check on your health. How is your health now?

Archanaanchan likes this.
  3. venlax

venlax Silver IL'ite

4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

the w
    yes woods are lovely when there is sunshine and so at that time cuckoo gets delighted enchanted with the view and so it singing is mellifluous and evening in woods it is dark and therefore it is somewhat scared and so naturally it tend to cry oftener. but it never loses hope and continue to fly several miles {knots) as day breaks once again.:cool:

5. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

There is a different story regarding this cuckoo sound.Two sisters were walking aong the woods and they walked in different directions.so the youngerone is in search of its elder sister and call the elder one as "AKKA"means elder sister.we call the cuckoo as Akka kuruvi .

Raniz, venlax, kaniths and 1 other person like this.
  6. venlax

venlax Silver IL'ite

Nowadays i rarely hear the lonely Cuckoo bird sound.As u said in the early morning hours the sound is different in jubilant mood. in the daytime also the sound is like that only.How god had created such beautiful things & the mysteries surrounded with them. The climate is the main factor ,i think.
    " The woods are lovely, dark & deep but i have promises to keep & miles to go before i sleep"

NituSuvarna, SCSusila and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

This thread has immense potential for contemplation & discussion & debate among Nature Lovers and early birds i.e. Early raisers.
    2.:hello: @venlax After such a long gap, you have raised & made a thought provoking statement. Of course the main reason is climate change.
    3. Climate change has become irregular due to human beings adopting changes too frequently shifting to newer products and technologies for the sake of enhanced comfort. Increased carbon deposits, chimney effluence vastly changed the atmosphere affecting global temp. Waves electromagnetic from mobile transmission towers set to cause dwindling population of birds and hence in cities except few crows and doves, rest all perished and the species becoming extinct.
    4. Our independent dwelling surrounded by vast open space filled with huge salubrious trees. In vee hours, when toilet lights switched on, mistaking the light for day break . Cuckoos would rhythmically sing but when lights switched off, gone its music. Now a days , we are not lucky to have that thanks to all kinds of pollution that is changing the landscape, increase in average temperature .
    Thanks, Regards. God bless us.
    Happy Navarathri golu.

SCSusila and venlax like this.
  8. venlax

venlax Silver IL'ite

9. venlax

venlax Silver IL'ite

Thanks for the explanatory reply.Really in old houses how many animals & birds took shelter & food without disturbing us.The mere wastage were enough for them. Now Apartments culture,no tress not even in streets had driven away many little pets esp. Chittukuruvi( credit goes to the towers).The point of putting on the bathroom light is really an eye opener.i didn't know that.Currently i can't get up during night due to some constraints.As i always said a blessing in disguise that helps me not to disturb a little one.
    In one of the explanations given to Thiruppavai Pasuram the author explains two kinds of sound.One the sound of the early rising bird & the other sound of birds at dawn .Andal gets up at the first instance, Very touching.
    "The woods are lovely,dark & deep but i have promises to keep & miles to go before i sleep"

Thyagarajan, SCSusila and Sunburst like this.
  10. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Worried and equally concerned to know, where is the mankind heading to....

In thr name of development and technology, are we really developing, do we really live and let live....

venlax and Thyagarajan like this.