1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Lessons I Learnt In Life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jan 2, 2018.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

“Every story has an end. But in life, every ending is just a new beginning. Life goes on – not always the way we had envisioned it would be, but always the ways it’s supposed to be.

Remember, we usually can’t choose the music life plays for us, but we can choose how we dance to it. Make yours a beautiful memory.

The lessons I learnt in 2013. Some of you might ask these lessons you must have learnt long back as you have crossed 70 yrs now. [​IMG]:) I think now only I am learning and getting some gyanam. Too late isnit it. Now a days even children learn faster because of the modern technology and also because their parents teach them and buy everything for them. In our days we were not so lucky in those things but lucky in other things. When I got a Camera from my office as a gift for completing 25 yrs I never used to give my children too to use them thinking they might spoil. So I learnt that you can teach and give them the chance to learn everything and without using them how will they know how it can be used. After my cataract operation I came to know how bright and beautiful the world is because of which I am able to make jewellery otherwise it was difficult for me to put the thread into the needle. On my 70th birthday learnt that there are so many people to shower love When our elders teach us something in our young age and tell us some quotes we dont give much heed to them. But later only we understand that whatever they teach us is through their experience and which will help us in the long run

These are the quotes which came true in 2013

Give to the world the best you have and the best will come back to you
    Try try till you succeed
    Too much of everything is not good, in tamil they say adhigamanaal amrudhamumvisham, so should be in a limit in everything
    Opportunities seldom come , so should make use of it
    People dont love us for the money we have but for the heart we have
    You can learn things in old age too

In present age everyone leads ahectic life so they dont have time to think of others. Earlier everyone used to phone and keep in touch with everyone but now a days due to hectic life they dont have to phone and send messages through whatsapp. Earlier everyone used to send greeting card for every occasion but now a days whatsapp is there to send greetings. Most of the people are busy with mobile. My sister says you are friendly with so many people so get disappointed if they dont contact or something happens. We should not keep attachment much she says. But its difficult for me to be like that.

539112_641798859192062_995787589_n.jpg

sindmani, kaniths, Sandycandy and 5 others like this.

2. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Such positive thoughts viji maami and that is what we all need. I have also noticed the stark difference in our new year exchanges this time. from the earlier years. I have responded accordingly too. Close family and friends we called to wish and vise versa. Online friends and whatsapp groups etc over messages. This works well too, as they can read and respond at their leisure. What is important is that we remember them and they too , especially on such special occasions.
    Heres Wishing you a very happy and fulfilling new year.

Sandycandy and iyerviji like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

First of all thanks for yur wishes and wish you and your family too a very Happy New Year. Thanks for your first feedback that too immediate. In one way whatsapp is useful. But life is not the same as before. Times have changed

4. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Time is changing from the time when nothing was there. There was a time when older ones used to feel that they did not had the facility of stoves but this generation is doing everything so easily for what we had to struggle a lot. Then for stove generation came the new with gas and then with gas of two three four burners. Life is getting easier with each generation in terms of the use of gadgets. But as these gadgets became our necessity which was earlier a luxurious one has made our life tough. As now we have to run more after money to earn all of those. Basically they are making us to struggle to make our life easier. If we do not buy them our life will become difficult and we struggle more for each work to be done without gadgets. But by this we will do less for earning more as our needs will become less.

iyerviji, Sandycandy and GeetaKashyap like this.
  5. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Mam, your comment has complete 'Geeta gyan' in it!

"we usually can’t choose the music life plays for us, but we can choose how we dance to it. Make yours a beautiful memory." This is a wonderful quote and a life's lesson in itself. I agree with you that we are never too old to learn something new everyday.

iyerviji, Sandycandy and MonikaSG like this.
  6. rajarun

rajarun Silver IL'ite

Nice writing viji maa... Thanks for sharing your experiences... Your words of your experiences becomes suggestions for us....

iyerviji, Sandycandy and GeetaKashyap like this.
  7. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    We are learners always.whether it is fortune or misfortune there is some lesson .
    jayasala 42

iyerviji and GeetaKashyap like this.
  8. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Viji aunty !!! Happy new year ! Another touching post and very true !
    If I knew you in real life I would definitely stay in touch with you ! Please continue sharing your experiences, it’s a joy to read them.

iyerviji, joylokhi and GeetaKashyap like this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks dear for sharing your views which I agree 100 percent

MonikaSG likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for your feedback